The Passage (Quest)
Preview[edit | edit source]
The Passage is a unique shortcut, cutting through the mountains cutting off the Jungle from the rest of the province, coming out at the Pigman's Ravines. Entrance is restricted to citizens of Troms. In order to gain access to this shortcut back to the main world, the player needs to prove himself/herself worthy enough to join the town of Troms. Speak to the child standing in front of the passage, Wirt, to begin this quest. The player will be sent to Ildan who will challenge the player to kill the Chief of a tribe and bring their drops to him to become a citizen of Troms.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Wirt: Not so fast, you!
- Wirt: My dad said I can't let any strangers through this passage!
- Wirt: If you want access, talk to him, he's the recruiter of the town! His name is Ildan.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Ildan: Oh! So you want to become a member of this town?
- Ildan: You will have to help us first, of course!
- Ildan: I'm sure you've noticed, but there is a tribe camp not too far from here.
- Ildan: They used to have a powerful chief, but he eventually died in battle.
- Ildan: The tribe couldn't bear the fact that he was dead. They performed some unethical necromancy spell on him.
- Ildan: They quickly realized that is was a bad idea, so they locked him in a tomb.
- Ildan: He keeps reviving his minions and it's causing quite some problems to our army.
- Ildan: You can access the tomb from a sacrificial shrine I've heard, but I'm not sure how. There are probably hints nearby the shrine.
- Ildan: Bring me back [1 Antic Bead] as a proof of its death, and I will let you become a citizen.
- Ildan: I've marked the direction to the shrine in your book. Good luck.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Ildan: Impressive, you got the bead!
- Ildan: Well, welcome to this town, adventurer! You are now officially a citizen.
- Ildan: Oh, but before you go! I do have a few things to say. First, about the beads here.
- Ildan: The tribesmen accept these as currency, so if you collect enough, I've heard they can offer you powerful masks.
- Ildan: Second, about the shrine. Now, this is just a rumor, but apparently that tomb is not unique.
- Ildan: There are supposed to be a bunch of these altars scattered around the province, even in Gavel too!
- Ildan: If true, you should look for them. While the fights will be tough, I would imagine great rewards could be gotten from them!
- Ildan: Anyway, I've talked enough. I'm proud to have such a powerful fighter join our town! I wish you luck, friend!