As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|This page contains spoilers. Readers are discouraged from continuing if they want to discover features by themselves.|
Wynnic is the name for the language featured many times throughout the game, as well as in logos and teasers around the game. The language uses a rune-like alphabet, a transcriber of which can be found by completing the Wynn Plains Monument discovery. It was first introduced without any transcription or character list, resulting in a large collaborative effort by the community to "solve" the language.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- It appears in many, even most, of the larger Wynncraft logos. The standard logo reads "war of the realms."
- A dying creature is seen talking Wynnic in the Timeless Ruin discovery.
- Salted's Gavel Teasers contained some wynnic. (The Puzzle & Gavel Teaser #6)
- The enchanting table particles are Wynnic runes with the WynnPack resource pack.
- Some of the dialogue of Bob in the Wynn Plains Monument discovery is in Wynnic, specifically the spells he casts.
- In The Realm of Light, a piece of text written in Wynnic can be found inscribed upon a giant cliff. It simply reads "The Realm of Light", stating the name of the area.
- The mage Lanu channels a spell by speaking in Wynnic during the quest Kingdom of Sand. The translation reads: "By scorching heat and shifting sand, break the barrier that seals this land!"
- On the extreme South-East of the entire Wynncraft map , there was a Wynnic phrase on a giant black box covering the area which translated to "Coming Soon". This is The Silent Expanse, an area that was introduced into the game in the 1.19 Silent Expanse Update.
Translator[edit | edit source]
This was the known Wynnic alphabet as of August 14, 2015, which is still valid as of July 7, 2019, seeing as no changes or additions have been introduced. It is commonly assumed by the community that there will be / are symbols representing the sounds SH and AE, as the sounds CH and TH already have their own characters which can be found in e.
The official characters from the Wynncraft resource pack, the WynnPack, can be found below. It is worth noting that it does not include the combined characters, nor any punctuation.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Wynnic is not actually a language, but instead a cipher. That is because it has no grammar or words of its own, it simply substitutes the letters of English with runes.