Wynncraft Wiki:Community portal/header
Welcome to the Wynncraft Wiki Community Portal!
Here editors can discuss ongoing projects and debate changes to the wiki.
Curse wiki staff
|MarkusRost||talk • contribs|
|FrozenEarth||talk • contribs|
|Itsjumla||talk • contribs|
|Moeronickah||talk • contribs|
|Saltedsalmoooon||talk • contribs|
|Therealcolin350||talk • contribs|
Guidelines for writing notes:
- 1. Organize notes near other related notes
- 2. Provide a logical title
- 3. Please sign your note with your username and the time in UTC at least.
- 4. Move Wiki Messages that have been resolved for over three weeks to this page's talk page.
- 5. Please write all notes in the: 'Wiki Suggestions & Messages' section at the bottom for now.
» When adding your name to each category, please use the format
[[User:name|name]]. Thank you.
# Armour - Colin350, Glitch496, Pandamonium, CookedPelvis, ADDB
# Classes - Colin350, Glitch496, Pandamonium, ADDB
# Dungeons - Colin350, Glitch496, Apeklets, cityuser, Jazzachi
# Identifications - Colin350, Glitch496
# Items - Colin350, Glitch496, AyeItsJosh, TempleOfLegends, CookedPelvis, ADDB
# Locations - Colin350, Oryx, Glitch496, karateman2400, TempleOfLegends, UtopianFlesh
# Merchants - Colin350, Glitch496, TempleOfLegends
# Mobs - Colin350, Oryx, Glitch496, AyeItsJosh, TempleOfLegends, FrozenEarth, ParkourTNT
# NPCs - Colin350, Oryx, Glitch496, simon9664, AyeItsJosh,TempleOfLegends, ADDB
# Quests - Colin350, Oryx, Glitch496, Pandamonium, simon9664, ADDB, karateman2400
# Weapons - Colin350, Glitch496, CasualDude, CookedPelvis, ADDB
# Miscellaneous Corrections - Colin350, Glitch496, AyeItsJosh, Utopian Flesh, Big_fat_bunny, CookedPelvis, ADDB, Numbermaniac, ZiyiCrafting
# New Updates - Colin350, Oryx, Glitch496, CookedPelvis, karateman2400, Numbermaniac
Page Creation Reminders & Guidelines
# The Standard
» Before creating a new page, please:
- Consult similar pages and/or Templates. There are plenty of resources available already to aid in the process.
- Check if there isn't a page already created for said topic.
- It isn't necessary to have a page for every single weapon, mob, or armour piece, in the game. Any armour / weapon that holds an important value should be added, otherwise, please don't make a new page for any item that isn't important. (This guideline could change in the future)
- Reuse images if you can. Please don't upload an entirely new, but same, image for each page that is created. If there is an outdated image, instead of uploading a separate file, simply replace the outdated version.
# Image Etiquette
» Images tend to be the topic of conversation here on the wiki. With each new update, many images become outdated, and are in need of replacement. When adding, updating, or changing images, please follow these guidelines:
- In the search bar, search:
File:Name. Name should be a file name that closely matches the one that you are choosing to upload. If you see an image that could be an outdated or incorrect version of the one you are updating, instead of uploading a completely separate image, replace the one outdated/incorrect one with your new one.
- The purpose of this guideline is to lessen the amount of space that is taken up by images on the wiki.
- For items, please upload with a transparent background if you can. It is much appreciated.
- Please use the Wynncraft Resource Pack for images.
- Please make sure the image is bright enough to see.
- Please make sure there are no particles.
- Please make sure the image was taken in F1 mode, that way the minecraft gui / overlay isn't present.
- Please make sure the image is taken in normal POV or less, that way the image will look more natural.
- Please name the image before uploading. To be more specific, name it in accordance to the page where it will exist. For example: If it's a picture of the NPC King of Ragni, it would be ideal to name it KingOfRagni.png.
- Please don't use shaders if possible.
- Please make sure the image is taken at a proper distance (for example, most infoboxes use 200px as the standard size. If the image is too far away and the dimensions are too large, this isn't a good thing).
- Please note: It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days for an image to upload/update and appear. If your version doesn't appear immediately, please be patient and don't upload consequent versions.
- In the search bar, search:
» Please be mindful of these conventions when editing or creating a new page:
- Please make sure your spelling and grammar is correct. If you aren't sure, go to Grammarly, and copy and paste your page into it. Then choose which way to check it and it will give you a list of things to fix and how to fix it.
- When linking pages, please use:
[[Link]] or [[Link|Nickname]]. Notice the double brackets.
- Link refers to the page name you are linking to. It must match the page name exactly (capitalization included).
- Nickname can be used optionally to nicely incorporate links in text blocks. Suppose in my text block I said 'Wynn', and not 'Wynn Province', I could use:
[[Wynn Province|Wynn]]. In other words, it's like renaming the hyperlink from 'Wynn Province' to 'Wynn', without changing the page name for 'Wynn Province'.
- Note: When using plurals, you can put the "s" after the closing brackets without needing to retype the whole link. For example, [[Emerald Merchant]]s will link to Emerald Merchant, but display as "Emerald Merchants".
# Infoboxes / Templates
» Please read through this section if you consider updating or creating infoboxes and/or templates:
- As of right now, the wiki admininstration would prefer that no one attempts to update infoboxes, update templates, or create templates without consulting either one of them first. The risk is too big if there is an issue with the template.