WynnExcavation Site D
|WynnExcavation Site D|
|Starter NPC||Royal Advisor Carlos|
|Required Quest||WynnExcavation Site A, B, and C|
|Required Item||Red Crystal Shard|
WynnExcavation Site D is a long level 70 quest. It is also the final quest in the WynnExcavation questline. It was at one point, the longest quest in the game but was then superseded by A Hunter's Calling as of current.
- 1 Preview
- 2 Stage 1
- 3 Stage 2
- 4 Stage 3
- 5 Stage 4
- 6 Stage 5
- 7 Stage 6
- 8 Stage 7
- 9 Stage 8
- 10 Stage 9
- 11 Stage 10
- 12 Stage 11
- 13 Stage 12
- 14 Stage 13
- 15 Stage 14
- 16 Stage 15
- 17 Stage 16
- 18 Stage 17
- 19 Stage 18
- 20 Stage 19
- 21 Stage 20
- 22 Stage 21
- 23 Stage 22
- 24 Stage 23
- 25 Stage 24
- 26 Stage 25
- 27 Stage 26
- 28 Stage 27
- 29 Stage 28
- 30 Stage 29
- 31 Tips
- 32 Trivia
Preview[edit | edit source]
It solves the mystery around the WynnExcavation secret society.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
|Location||Royal Advisor Carlos||X||-848||Y||98||Z||-789||Wynncraft Map|
- Royal Advisor Carlos: His majesty Lord King of Troms is indisposed at this moment.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: He recieved a message and made his way frantically down to the panic room, which is somewhere inside of this throne room.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: He hasn't been seen since. Only the King knows how to get into the panic room, but I've had my suspicions about it for a while now.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: He seemed to be expecting someone, but I'm fed up of waiting.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: I managed to hear a few things he was muttering to himself just before he disappeared, though.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: He mentioned something about a fourth crystal... a green one.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: And then he said "The order of the crystals will open the way". Maybe it's a clue as to how to find him?
- Royal Advisor Carlos: Please, we need to find him. I'm sick of telling everyone he's indisposed!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Search the castle for clues of the King.
- Royal Advisor Carlos: Oh my, a secret passage has opened up beneath the throne! Quickly, head inside!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Search the Catacombs of Troms Castle.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the King of Troms.
- King of Troms: I am impressed you managed to find me. Someone of my intellect is not normally found when he hasn't the intention of being so.
- King of Troms: I suppose I at least owe you the truth for getting this far, not that it matters.
- King of Troms: WynnExcavation, the Gavel company is a fake, a facade. It's not real....
- King of Troms: It's actually a secret society run by the high and mighty of Gavel.
- King of Troms: They have one goal, complete control.
- King of Troms: You can't compete with them, kid. I tried to at first, but they had turned my inner circle before getting to me.
- King of Troms: Though I cannot admit I fought hard, their ideals are admirable.
- King of Troms: So I hope you will forgive me, I act only for the greater good of the world.
- King of Troms: As you will not be leaving the city, I wish you a fond farewell. When you leave, you will be accused of treason and will be hunted. It is the only way...
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Escape Troms.
- Troms Guard: Time is short, so I'll have to spare you the details, but let's just say I'm on your side.
- Troms Guard: The King just placed you under arrest for treason. They've locked down the entire city.
- Troms Guard: Both the front gate and the Passage are closed down. So we've created another exit for you.
- Troms Guard: Just follow the path to your left around the city. Keep going until you see a villager next to a tunnel . We'll clear your name once you've escaped.
- Troms Guard: You'll pass through the army headquarters on your way, so be prepared for a fight. I'm the only guard here to help you.
- Troms Guard: Now run! We don't have another moment to waste!
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Get out of the city.
- ???: Hey, psst. Come here!
- ???: Take this, and run! You need to get out!
- ???: Head to those coordinates, there is no time to explain, now go! I'll close the tunnel behind you.
- ???: I'VE FOUND THE TRAITOR! THEY'RE OVER HERE!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Head to the location on the note.
|Location||Traitor Camp Entrance||X||-830||Y||85||Z||-673||Wynncraft Map|
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Traitor Thomas.
- Traitor Thomas: I'm sorry, I can't let you in there.
- Traitor Thomas: I can't let you in there, not until you have proven you are truly on our side.
- Traitor Thomas: We never know who to believe anymore. Unfortunately there is no way for you to prove your loyalty.
- Traitor Thomas: Now if you would excuse me, I have to hunt for the lost map fragments of Dernel. I'm sure these eyes have something to do with it...
How to get there: In Iboju Jungle from the Dernel Jungle entrance, go take a right before you completely go down to Dernel Jungle to reach Traitor Thomas.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Find the three map fragments by following the eyes and return to Thomas.
|Location||Map Fragment 1||X||-748||Y||30||Z||-546||Wynncraft Map|
|Location||Map Fragment 2||X||-784||Y||25||Z||-445||Wynncraft Map|
|Location||Map Fragment 3||X||-697||Y||30||Z||-495||Wynncraft Map|
Dialogue: Before getting all fragments:
- Traitor Thomas: I can't let you in, we're busy looking for an important document, I'm sure these eyes have something to do with it...
After getting all fragments:
- Traitor Thomas: Is that… The map fragments? You found them!
- Traitor Thomas: Oh my, you better come in.
- Traitor Thomas: Theres not enough time! We need to combine those fragments with ours!
- Traitor Thomas: Hurry, get in the hideout!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Enter the traitor camp.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Traitor Amadel.
- Traitor Buice: WynnExcavation have done really horrible things, and I used to help...
- Traitor Jaynar: WynnExcavation will be destroyed, no matter what!
- Traitor Amadel: Welcome, friend. I knew you would figure it all out.
- Traitor Amadel: You must be surprised to see me. The excavation crew at site C tried very hard to kill me.
- Traitor Amadel: They didn't succeed though. I got away, and I swiped a fragment of a map, and I found out what it's for.
- Traitor Amadel: If you made it this far, you know Wynn Excavation are not what they seem. They want to harness Wynn's ancient power.
- Traitor Amadel: They control our governments, authorities and seem to be 3 steps ahead of any of us that oppose them.
- Traitor Amadel: That is, unless we're able to beat the excavationists to the last crystal.
- Traitor Amadel: They cannot use a single shard of power without combining them all.
- Traitor Amadel: Here, I've combined the map fragments behind me. It looks it's deep in the jungle, I wonder where...
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Go to Site D.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Solve the puzzle.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Search the excavation site.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Excavator Admin Uci.
- Excavator Admin Uci: Oh my. It's you. I can't say I'm surprised to see you, we thought you might be stupid enough to come here
- Excavator Admin Uci: Stupid enough to come here, but yet, smart enough to make it.
- Excavator Admin Uci: You were at every site, taking shards and attempting to thwart us.
- Excavator Admin Uci: This time we won, and you lost.
- Excavator Admin Uci: What do your shards mean to us when we have all four crystals?
- Excavator Admin Uci: Nothing, that's what.
- Excavator Admin Uci: The boss wants to speak to you. I don't recommend keeping him waiting, he's not a patient man.
- Excavator Admin Uci: He'll be waiting for you, head through that door.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Enter The Ancient Dungeon.
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Solve The Yellow Puzzle. Two fundamental forces exist in our world. One of Darkness, and one of Light.
Stage 18[edit | edit source]
» Solve The Purple Puzzle. The Darkness and Light grew closer, but never touched...
Note: Simply hit the button near the wall to progress.
Stage 19[edit | edit source]
» Solve The Red Puzzle. At least, not on their plane of existence. They fight for influence over our land from afar.
Note: Simply hit the button near the wall to progress.
Stage 20[edit | edit source]
» Solve The Green Puzzle. However, when the two touch through influence, it is not twilight that is formed. But a land of corruption.
Stage 21[edit | edit source]
» Escape The Green Room. The ancients placed some of that power in various crystals, and it is said that the one to reunite them has the power to change the world.
Stage 22[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Excavator Amadel.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: Well, well. Looks like you've finally made it.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: You might be a little shocked to see me here...
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: Everything was planned you see...
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: You finding that old fool in the desert, you surviving that fall.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: You finding that notebook, and eventually meeting me.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: Everything that you have done has been planned by the mastermind behind this organisation, me.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: You don't get it, do you? We needed you. The Ancient Crystals of Wynn are an old magic, and a powerful one at that.
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: We needed you, a human of pure intention to bring empowered shards here, it's just part of how it all works, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Enough talk now.
Stage 23[edit | edit source]
» Teleport to the Ancient City
- WynnExcavation Leader Amadel: Step into this hole, and accept your fate. It's over, you've lost!
Stage 24[edit | edit source]
» Explore The Ancient City
Note: Follow the mossy cobblestone.
Stage 25[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Amadel's Assistant.
- Amadel's Assistant: I see you have finally shown up.
- Amadel's Assistant: There is no chance someone as weak as you can beat Amadel!
Stage 26[edit | edit source]
» Kill Corrupted Amadel.
- Corrupted Amadel: The crystals combine the ancient elements and grant me ultimate power, the power to change the world!
- Amadel's Assistant: That was a mere fluke..
- Amadel's Assistant: Amadel is unbeatable!
Stage 27[edit | edit source]
» Kill Shadow Amadel.
- Shadow Amadel: Tḩ͢͜҉̷e elem̧̧̢͟͝è̡̛͟ń̶̴̨ţ͢al force will not aļ͢͠͠͡l̶̀͜͏͏ów me to lớ̀͠͝se.
- Amadel's Assistant: He's simply warming up...
- Amadel's Assistant: THIS ISN'T EVEN HIS FINAL FORM!
Stage 28[edit | edit source]
» Kill Amadel.
- Amadel: AAWWEERRAGH I WILL DESTROY ALL LIFE.
- Amadel's Assistant: I, I can't believe you beat him...
- Amadel's Assistant: Amadel was a God...He was going to save the province...
Stage 29[edit | edit source]
» Talk to The King of Ragni.
- Ragni's King: You, ahh yes. I remember you. You're the recruit I accepted long ago..
- Ragni's King: I'm no mage, but what you have there may just be the most destructive force in the entire world.
- Ragni's King: I remember being told something by my grandfather, and he was royalty in Gavel himself!
- Ragni's King: That the Wynn province will never find solace. I never really understood why, until now.
- Ragni's King: You see, forces are at work on our lands that we cannot physically see, but the outcome of the influences cannot be ignored.
- Ragni's King: Zombies, skeletons, the corrupt, you'll find these things all over Wynn, but not in Gavel. In Gavel there are magical beings, not all of them are friendly, mind.
- Ragni's King: But rarely do you see the undead in such numbers. You know, there is a fundamental law of our land, when two forces collide, there is war.
- Ragni's King: This could be people, species or anything, really. And I think the same thing can be said for the powers that resonate in the crystal you have there.
- Ragni's King: I think that crystal represents the collisions of two incomprehensible powers, and if that power can turn one man into what you fought back there, I shudder to think what else it could do.
- Ragni's King: The ancient tribe that used to inhabit Dernel jungle clearly knew it too, as they met their eventual demise, perhaps they too, attempted to harness the power.
- Ragni's King: These are things that the mages of the ocean have studied in secret for centuries. We may never know, and rather, I think we never should know.
- Ragni's King: If Amadel taught us anything, it's that we can never be trusted with power. Here, put that crystal into the lava. Let it burn and never be used. The king places the crystals in the lava, and watches it sink.
- Ragni's King: Though it contains some of the most concentrated magical power, it is still limited to its container. Let it burn.
- Ragni's King: I do not know the severity of the Excavation's integration into the powers of Gavel, but I bet we haven't seen the last of them.
- Ragni's King: You have done this province an unspeakable service. I bet even Bob is smiling down on you, I'm sure if he were here today, he would crown you worthy.
- Ragni's King: As a token of our cities eternal gratitude, I wish for you to take this. It has no value to anyone except you.
- Ragni's King: You might want to hold onto it, a merchant in Cinfras has arrived and you will be able to trade it for the item that I wish I could bestow upon you now.
- Ragni's King: You truly are, a master of this province, and I hereby knight you, as Wynn's true protector. I hope we meet again young master.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The "eyes" that Traitor Thomas talks about are three or two blocks of coal and one or two blocks of quartz, where the quartz points in the direction of the next "eye." The first eye can be seen if you follow the path down from the traitor camp.
- If you ever die during the Amadel fight, you can come back to the green crystal on the ceiling (when you talk to Excavator Admin Uci) and teleport to the Ancient city. This saves tons of time, as you don't have to go through the puzzles again.
- Having the Corrupt and Shadow Pendants also allows the player to bypass the first and second stages of the Amadel fight, respectively.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The red crystal has been sitting in a volcano for ages, but the moment Ragni's King drops it into the lava, it burns. This could show that the king himself is part of the conspiracy.
- The 'Access Restricted' sign near the green crystal is spelt wrong; it is written as 'Access Restricted'. (This is a typo, someone fix it.)