The Ultimate Weapon
|The Ultimate Weapon|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Dodegar Bandysnoot, a swordsmith hobbit, wants to create the "ultimate weapon" by gathering various resources in which he tasks the player in doing this for him.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Dodegar Bandysnoot.
- Dodegar: I'm glad you came along, I could do with a little help if you're not too busy.
- Dodegar: I'm Dodegar Bandysnoot, the world famous Hobbit swordsmith! Perhaps you've heard of me?
- Dodegar: No? Oh... Well, I've had an idea about how I could make the best weapon that the world has ever seen!
- Dodegar: But, I need some help getting the special resources to make it.
- Dodegar: You'll help?! Excellent! We shall gather enough resources to make one for each of us!
- Dodegar: So firstly, I need some living wood for the handle, [10 Wood Scrap] should be enough.
- Dodegar: It must come from the Wood Sprites that can be found across the river to the west. The handle can then mold to the user's hand!
- Dodegar: There's a structure in the wood that seems to attract the creatures... Good luck!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Collect 10 Wood Scrap from Wood Sprites, and return them to Dodegar.
- Dodegar: Wow! You got the wood I needed, thanks!
- Dodegar carefully selects the finest piece of wood from the pile, and begins carving.
- Dodegar: While I'm making the handle, could you help me with the blade?
- Dodegar: I'm gonna need a very special metal. There is a cave to the east with a tribe of iron beasts, known as Golliers.
- Dodegar: Collect [20 Gollier Iron] from them, and I can use them to create my masterpiece. It will never break.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Dodegar needs 20 Gollier Iron from the Golliers.
- Dodegar: Ah, Gollier Iron, perfect...
- Dodegar carefully examines each bar of iron and selects a single iron bar from the pile before him.
- Dodegar: Great. This one looks like it will work! Yes, this will make a truly awesome weapon.
- Dodegar: While I make the blade, would you be able to find something to sharpen it?
- Dodegar: I need soft whetstones to get the sharpest possible edge.
- Dodegar: But being soft, they grind away to nothing in no time, so I will need a few, [50 Soft Whetstone] should be enough.
- Dodegar: They get washed down the river from the mountains. The big waterfall to the south-west is usually a good place to find some.
- Dodegar: But I believe it’s salmon spawning season in that area, and they can be aggressive. Be careful!
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Dodegar wants 50 Soft Whetstone from the large waterfall, upstream to the south-west.
- Dodegar: Finally! You took your time! This weapon is seriously going to be the best thing I've ever made.
- Dodegar begins sharpening the blade as he said that.
- Dodegar: Well, I need a last thing... A weapon can’t be an “Ultimate” one without intense magical power!
- Dodegar: While I finish sharpening the blade, would you get [100 Royal Bug Blood]?
- Dodegar: I assure you that is the last thing I need! Just follow the road, take the bridge, and search for some ruins. I should be done with the whetstone when you come back. Good luck!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Bring back 100 Royal Bug Blood to Dodegar from the Royal Bugs.
- Dodegar: Ah... Finally... My masterpiece... Let me imbue it with the blue blood!
- As Dodegar said that, he quickly grabs the blood and perform a strange ritual.
- Dodegar: ...
- Dodegar: Look at it! It's looking amazing! Don't you think? Since you helped me to make it, I will give one to you!
- Dodegar: I want you to hold it during your adventures! I want the history books speak about this mighty blade!
- Dodegar: Thanks for your help and good luck!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you ever find yourself looking for mobs, try going out of that area and going back in after a few seconds. If this does not work, try doing /class for 5 seconds.
- Collect the resources before you start the quest, it will save you a lot of time.
- Don't throw away that dagger! You can sell it to the Artefact Merchant for 7 Liquified Emeralds in the Hobbit village near Dodegar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest was intentionally made as a parody of fetch quests.
- You used to be able to turn in 64 Royal Blood instead of the requested 100 due to a bug, which was fixed in later updates.