The Thanos Vaults
|The Thanos Vaults|
The Thanos Vaults is a medium level 81 quest, started in the underground Dwarven city of Thanos.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The player discovers the secret gold vaults beneath the city, and an extensive, roller-coaster-like minecart ride through the Thanos Vaults is a major feature of the quest.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Dolem.
- Dolem: Hello, adventurer. What brings you to Thanos? Travelling, I suppose.
- Dolem: Say, while you're here, I could use your help with something. Something that might benefit both of us.
- Dolem: You see, I am not a rich man. I barely have enough money to survive.
- Dolem: But there is a way you can help me. Do you know of the treasure room in this city? It's just through this hallway.
- Dolem: You see, the treasure in there is not real. It's fake, in case someone ever tries to steal it.
- Dolem: The real treasure is inside a secret vault that I have discovered the entrance to. It's in the back of the treasure room.
- Dolem: I don't know how to open it, however. That's where you come in. I need you to find out how to get inside.
- Dolem: If I try to steal it, I'll be instantly caught, being a dwarf.
- Dolem: But if you go and succeed, I'll give you some of my emeralds in exchange for the gold.
- Dolem: Remember, the entrance to the secret vault is in the back of the treasure room. Good luck.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Enter the secret vault in Thanos's treasure room.
- This cave must lead to the secret dwarven vaults. But walking there would probably take a while...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Press the wooden button to call a minecart to go to Thanos's secret vault.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Kill the Giant Troll and bring the gold back to Dolem.
- Dolem: Very nice work. You have done well. I am rather impressed that you pulled that off so easily.
- Dolem: This is more gold than I expected. But that^s not a bad thing, of course.
- Dolem: I realized after you left that I forgot to tell you about the giant troll guardian. But I see that wasn't an issue.
- Dolem: Now, we did have a deal. You deserve these emeralds. Impressive work.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Aside from when the player must push a button at (469,-6592) to progress, the super windy and long Minecart ride requires no interaction.
- Try to bring a high damage setup so as to finish off the giant troll quicklier, it has a lot of HP and significant regeneration. HP does not matter very much in the final fight as the giant troll is easily safe spotted.
- Because of its large hitbox, archers can easily kill it by spamming Arrow Storm at it, as all the arrows from the spell will hit it easily, and the knockback will keep it far enough away that it can't damage the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The minecart system in the Thanos vaults seems to be inspired by the Gringotts Vaults, a similar underground system from the Harry Potter series.