The Thanos Vaults
|The Thanos Vaults|
The Thanos Vaults is a medium level 81 quest, started in the underground Dwarven city of Thanos.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The player discovers the secret gold vaults beneath the city, and an extensive, roller-coaster-like minecart ride through the Thanos Vaults is a major feature of the quest.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Dolem.
- Dolem: Hello, adventurer. What brings you to Thanos? Travelling, I suppose.
- Dolem: Say, while you're here, I could use your help with something. Something that might benefit both of us.
- Dolem: You see, I am not a rich man. I barely have enough money to survive.
- Dolem: But there is a way you can help me. Do you know of the treasure room in this city? It's just through this hallway.
- Dolem: You see, the treasure in there is not real. It's fake, in case someone ever tries to steal it.
- Dolem: The real treasure is inside a secret vault that I have discovered the entrance to. It's in the back of the treasure room.
- Dolem: I don't know how to open it, however. That's where you come in. I need you to find out how to get inside.
- Dolem: If I try to steal it, I'll be instantly caught, being a dwarf.
- Dolem: But if you go and succeed, I'll give you some of my emeralds in exchange for the gold.
- Dolem: Remember, the entrance to the secret vault is in the back of the treasure room. Good luck.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Enter the secret vault in Thanos's treasure room.
- This cave must lead to the secret dwarven vaults. But walking there would probably take a while...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Press the wooden button to call a minecart to go to Thanos's secret vault.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Kill the Giant Troll and bring the gold back to Dolem.
- Dolem: Very nice work. You have done well. I am rather impressed that you pulled that off so easily.
- Dolem: This is more gold than I expected. But that^s not a bad thing, of course.
- Dolem: I realized after you left that I forgot to tell you about the giant troll guardian. But I see that wasn't an issue.
- Dolem: Now, we did have a deal. You deserve these emeralds. Impressive work.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Aside from when the player must push a button at (469,-6592) to progress, the super windy and long Minecart ride requires no interaction.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The minecart system in the Thanos vaults seems to be inspired by the Gringotts Vaults, a similar underground system from the Harry Potter series.