As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
The Shadow of the Beast
|The Shadow of the Beast|
The Shadow of the Beast is a long level 54 quest situated in the Olux Swamp.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The tales of the beast are seemingly true, as Dereg points the way for the player to hunt down the beast. On the journey, the player finds various pieces of evidence while helping some people, and ultimately confronts the beast itself.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Dereg in his house.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1483||Y||47||Z||-5218||Wynncraft Map|
- Dereg: Hello there... What are you doing out this far in the swamp? It's pretty dangerous you know.
- Dereg: You're from the Wynn province you say? In that case you must not have heard of the beast that found its way into the swamp.
- Dereg: The people of Olux think it's another scam to be sold "Monster protective dust" but I know it's real. I've seen it!
- Dereg: I don't have any proof, though. Or I'd march right into Olux and tell all those people how wrong they are!
- Dereg: I saw him walking over toward Tolem's farm, he left a trail behind him, it was dripping blood out its mouth.
- Dereg: If you could bring me back [3 Pieces Of Evidence] and they could be anything at all, I'll reward you! Follow the blood on the floor and see what you can find!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Search for evidence that the beast exists by following the blood on the ground.
- There is a lot of blood and destruction here... Perhaps the farmer can tell you more.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the farmer to get evidence about the beast.
- Tolem: Oh my, what am I going to do?! I can't afford to pay for all this!
- Tolem: Ah! What do you want? This isn't a good time.
- Tolem: Some monster has destroyed my cow pen and ruined my farm!
- Tolem: It must have been truly powerful to knock down those fences... They were made of solid Marsh Robur!
- Tolem: Unless you're here to help clean up this mess, you better leave.
- Tolem: Oh... You're looking for proof of the beast? Well I can tell you it must be hairy or something, because I found a wad of stringy hair on one of the fences.
- Tolem: You can have this hideous thing if you help me repair some of the damage.
- Tolem: Some of my cows escaped, if you manage to bring back my [Three Missing Cows], I will happily give it to you.
- Tolem: They can't have gotten far, try looking around the bridges nearby and in caves. Good luck!
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Bring back the three escaped cows near the two bridges and in the cave under the farm to Tolem.
Kill each escaped cow at each location and bring back their unique drops. Each cow has a different item.
|Location||Cow 1||X||-1733||Y||55||Z||-5297||Wynncraft Map|
|Location||Cow 2||X||-1689,||Y||41||Z||-5292||Wynncraft Map|
|Location||Cow 3||X||-1630||Y||52||Z||-5346||Wynncraft Map|
- Tolem: Oh, You're back! Where are the cows?
- Tolem: ...
- Tolem: You're kidding, right?
- Tolem: YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?
- Tolem: WHAT IS THIS?!
- Tolem: OH I FORGOT TO SAY "ALIVE", IS THAT IT?
- Tolem: ...
- Tolem: As if I didn't have enough to worry about!
- Tolem: Ugh. I don't even care about this hair...
- Tolem: Well... I will only give it to you if you can bring me back [6 Marsh Robur], there is a Lumber Yard not far from here, just take the bridge to the south-west, behind me.
- Tolem: At least I can repair my fence using it. And try not to bring back burned or broken wood, would you?
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1770||Y||54||Z||-5244||Wynncraft Map|
- Tolem: Oh you're back again, did you manage to bring me back wood I can actually use?
- Tolem: Great. At least my fence can be repaired, and I suppose I can sell the rest to pay for the cows you didn't return.
- Tolem: Take this [Stringy Hair] and get out of my sight.
- Tolem: No, I don't know who else might have seen it! Why don't you follow the footprints and find out yourself!
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Follow the footprints to find another victim of the beast.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1583||Y||52||Z||-5440||Wynncraft Map|
- Kroac: Look at this! Why oh why didn't I learn how to build!
- Kroac: What on earth could have done this?! It must be the biggest beast in the swamp!
- Kroac: Just look at what it left behind! This [Monster Toenail]!
- Kroac: What? You want it? You Wynn folk sure are strange...
- Kroac: Alright, perhaps we can strike a deal, young human. I can't afford to pay for the damage here. But maybe you can earn the materials for me.
- Kroac: I need you to bring me back [32 Cobblestone] from Olux. Cobblestone is hard to come by in the swamp, so the merchants sell it for weird items.
- Kroac: I'll be waiting for you here! Good luck!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
- Kroac: So did you manage to get the cobblestone?
- Kroac: Very nice, this should be enough to repair the damage and have some to spare!
- Kroac: You can have the filthy nail! It's from no beast I've ever seen! Doubt you'd be able to sell it for a single emerald lad!
- Kroac: I haven't got a clue where the beast is now... But I'm sure if you continue to follow those footprints you would't have any problems in finding it. Not that you would want to...
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Follow the footprints to find another victim of the beast.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1446||Y||47||Z||-5529||Wynncraft Map|
- Rileen: Welcome, human. How can I assist you?
- Rileen: No, I'm afraid I refuse to help you on your venture. I will not see anymore people fall to the beast.
- Rileen: You've seen the destruction it has caused to the swamp, have you not?
- Rileen: I know where it is, but I cannot send you to it without knowing you going into a fair fight.
- Rileen: I'm a hunter myself, and I wouldn't dream of tackling that beast!
- Rileen: I tell you what, human. If you are able to defeat the monster I have out back, then I'll know you at least have a chance.
- Rileen: The toxic toad is just out the back, go take care of it and I'll tell you where the beast is now. Bring back the [Poisonous Tongue].
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Bring back a proof that you beat the monster behind Rileen’s house.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1422||Y||47||Z||-5544||Wynncraft Map|
- Rileen: ...
- Rileen: That took me six weeks to capture. And you have slain it in a matter of seconds.
- Rileen: I'm a little annoyed. But also impressed. I'll tell you where the creature is hiding.
- Rileen: It's in a cave not too far from here. I have marked out the way with candles. Follow them into the cave, and may the god of the swamp watch over you.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Follow the candles and enter in the beast's cave.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-1384||Y||45||Z||-5529||Wynncraft Map|
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Go deeper into the cave.
- Bigfoot: GRRRAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Kill the beast and return to Dereg with the three pieces of evidence of the beast's existence.
- Dereg: Oh... You made it!
- Dereg: What? You actually found the beast?!
- Dereg: Interesting... You found a nail... Some hair and... A piece of bone?
- Dereg: You killed it?! Why would you do such a thing?
- Dereg: ...
- Dereg: Wow, a giant. I've only ever heard about one other giant, from your homeland, Wynn, and I heard it's one of the rarest creatures ever!
- Dereg: This specimen belongs in Llevigars museum! I have to pay you for your work of course, but here take these crushed bones. I'm sure the museum won't want them. Who knows, you might find it useful!
Tips[edit | edit source]
F3 + Bto see Bigfoot's hitbox.
- You can buy a decent weapon for each class with the Crushed Bigfoot Bone in Olux Weapon Merchant.
- this might not work.