The House of Twain is a short level 49 quest situated at the The House of Twain, which is located south of Nesaak.
Twendle, who is located up the river from Nesaak, asks the player to recover 1 Twain's Journal.
He asks you to follow the road south to The House of Twain. Enter the mansion and read the signs for clues to find the journal.
» Talk to Twendle up the river from Nesaak.
- Twendle: Oh, hey you there! Are you heading down this road? You know its a dead end, right?
- Twendle: It leads to a an old mansion, that has fallen into decay.
- Twendle: That mansion is the house of my ancestor, Dwendle Twain. It was a house of incredible heritage and magical powers, Dwendle himself was adopted into it.
- Twendle: Marius Twain was the leader of the mansion, they fought against evil spirits, I think. The history of the house is not well known outside of a novel.
- Twendle: I want to know the history of the mansion and uncover its secrets. But everytime I get close, dark beings prevent me from entering.
- Twendle: I am no soldier, and I don't think I will ever uncover the truth without your help. I can greatly reward you for your help.
- Twendle: My ancestor left our family a large amount of emeralds. Beware though, traveller, the mansions secrets are incredibly difficult to uncover and the monsters are powerful.
- Twendle: Unravel the secrets of the mansion and help me uncover the secrets of my hertitage. Bring me [1 Twain Journal].
- Twendle: This book has been hidden within the depths of the mansion and is protected by far more than puzzles or walls.
- Twendle: I believe the spirits that now haunt the mansion will do anything to protect the book. I'm sure they think its their own, and the secrets it hides.
» Enter the Haunted Mansion and find Twain's Journal.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to what to do in the mansion.
- Go up the stairs in the main hall of the mansion and turn left. The last room on the left has a sign in the closet saying that Twain spent most of his time in the cellar.
- To enter the cellar, walk into the dining room on the right and then to the servant's area right by the table. There should be a button located on the wall at the end of the room. This button opens the metal trap door to the cellar. Make sure to move fast, as it only gives you just enough time to get through.
- In the cellar, place items on both wooden pressure plates to access the secret room. Inside there is a sign telling you to throw loot into the beast's eyes.
- Exit the secret room and return to the entrance of the mansion.
- You must get the ghostly helmet to get into the graveyard.
- To do this you must find three ghosts (prepare for jumpscares with each one):
- The first is on the third floor across from the stairs you go up to get to this floor.
- The second is at the end of the hall on the third floor, in the last room.
- The third is a little harder to find, as it's in the front left "garden" area of the mansion. To get here you have to go up the main stairs and then walk down the hall to the left, and go through the door behind the stairs that lead to the third floor. Walk in the area and you should trigger the third ghost.
- Once you have all three items, take them to the cauldron room on the third floor and drop the three items in the hopper in the middle of the room. A ghost will then appear, which when killed will drop the ghostly helmet.
- In the right wing, the rug near the fireplace resembles a wither skull. Throw emeralds into both eyes to open the secret room behind the fireplace.
- Once in the room, walk to the back and into the painting. The sign tells you to pay tribute to the owner to enter "the grave that is different".
- Throw an emerald onto the soul sand. Then, run out of the mansion. You will find a graveyard on the left. The quartz grave should be open. *Note that you must wear a Ghostly Cap to enter the graveyard, which means it will have to be identified at the nearby Item Identifier.*
- Jump into the hole and follow the cave down.
- At the back of the cave there is a prison where you must obtain a code. The code is 5732 and can be entered on the second story of the prison.
- Explanation: the sign says "the obsessions of the souls are the keys to freedom". Each cell has decorative blocks in it resembling the different obsessions. Cell 1: 5 glowstone lamps, Cell 2: 7 leaves, Cell 3: 3 ender chests, Cell 4: 2 emerald ores. The number of those items is the code
- Once the code is entered, a door opens and you can fight Twain's ghost to obtain the journal. Step on the quartz block in the back to leave the cave
» Return the journal to Twendle.
- Twendle: I guess I put my faith in the right person. My history lies within these pages, and I don't intend to keep them secret, I shall make them public.
- Twendle: Thank you traveller. As promised, here is your reward.
- It happens frequently that the eyes of the wither skull in the dining room doesn't accept emeralds, in that case just switch server. The eyes will sometimes accept other items.
- If you are doing the dungeon with someone else, the mob item bosses may not spawn twice
- The boss itself isn't very difficult, however, if you're caught off guard by its vanishing abilities, distractions can take away your health really fast. Come prepared.
- This quest gives the player a huge load of emeralds for being a level 49 quest.
- Cell 4's prisoner is called Kal-El, in reference to the birth name of Superman