The Hidden City
|The Hidden City|
The Hidden City is a long level 88 quest located in the Gavel Province.
Preview[edit | edit source]
A secret human settlement is about to be revealed to all of the Gavel Province, and the player must stop the person who is going to reveal the city.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Narder.
- Narder: A Human! Agh! Don't worry about getting me medical attention, I've got this under control...
- Narder: It's a broken leg. I'm already getting it treated, but I have a job to do elsewise- and a time sensitive one, too.
- Narder: I won't be able to do it like this, but it doesn't matter if I'm the one who carries it out. It just needs to be done.
- Narder: I don't work for villagers, I was hired to come here by other humans... there's something you must keep secret.
- Narder: Swear it! If you're going to take the job, and my payment for it, you must be silent about it!
- Narder: Do you agree?
- Narder: Good. To business then.
- Narder: There is a hidden town in the canyon here. Up in the mountains- it was built and run by humans.
- Narder: Now, the villagers have very strict rules about humans living in their lands, and it's VERY illegal.
- Narder: I was contacted by the Mayor because he is aware that the town may have become... compromised.
- Narder: The job is to figure out who and why, of course. To let this slip could collapse the treatise between our races.
- Narder: I've never been to the city in the mountains, but I was given instructions. Here, I'll write down the location in your book.
- Narder: Be aware though, they won't let you in unless the area is safe. They can't risk villagers wandering in.
- Narder: Good luck.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Head to [890, 47, -5388] to find the human town.
- Curious Villager: Hm? Oh, a fellow adventurer, I see! I'm sorry, but this discovery is mine to make. There's something strange about that door...
- Curious Villager: Deadly gasses? Nonsense! As you can see the two of us are breathing just fine.
- Curious Villager: You want me to leave? Why, so that you can have all of the glory for yourself? Ha, not a chance!
- Curious Villager: The only way I'm leaving is if I can get that door open or if the whole cave starts crashing down on us.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Cause the cave to collapse
- Curious Villager: Gweh! I just had to go running my mouth about the cave collapsing! I'm out- if you have any sense you'll leave too!
- A loud mechanical noise can be heard coming from the door.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Go up to the door and inspect the noise.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Eltom Guard.
- Eltom Guard: Thank you for getting rid of that curious villager! We thought he'd never leave.
- Eltom Guard: I've never seen you before. Who gave you access to the town?
- Eltom Guard: You're here in place of the detective the mayor hired?
- Eltom Guard: Normally, I wouldn't believe that, but come in. We're desperate.
- Eltom Guard: If you ever need to leave and get back, I can simply open the way.
- Eltom Guard: You probably should be going now. Our mayor can get impatient.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Mayor Eoric in the town hall.
- Eoric: What are you doing here? I'm writing an important letter, this better be worth my time.
- Eoric: What? Narder sent you? Why'd he send a Ragni soldier?
- Eoric: I didn't think the army were authorized to know about Eltom, especially Fruma recruits.
- Eoric: Anyway, Eltom's secrecy is in great danger. We have found evidence of the traitor.
- Eoric: We have locked down all of the exits. No one leaves or enters without my permission.
- Eoric: We need a detective to sniff out the traitor and expose him.
- Eoric: Start by asking the citizens around here about anything suspicious they've seen.
- Eoric: When you find the culprit, remember to leave him alive! The guards will take care of him.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Ask Eltom Citizens about the note.
- Reder: Sorry, detective, but I haven't seen anything suspicious. In fact, I haven't even left my house for the last week.
- Nichye: The only suspicious thing I've seen is a hooded man walking around. There's not many people in Eltom so it's weird.
- Sybeth: If you want to find out anything, the best person to ask is Lumilda. She's in her bakery, next to the Scroll Shop.
- Lumilda: Ah, detective! What brings you to the sweet Lumilda's Bakery?
- Lumilda: Hm, yes, there is a weird person coming through.
- Lumilda: It's a hooded man. Never seen the face. A trouble maker, if you ask me!
- Lumilda: He's been here a few times, usually writing things on a piece of paper. That man's a real mystery. No one even knows where he lives.
- Lumilda: One time my grandson couldn't resist and followed the man. Last thing he saw was the man leaving through the Eastern Exit.
- Lumilda: Ain't that a place to start, sweetheart?
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Inspect anything beyond the Eastern Exit.
- There appears to be a cave up above.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Inspect the house.
- ???: Ah. You must be the detective then. None of those half witted Eltomites would figure it out.
- ???: I guess the Grook is out of the pen then.
- ???: This town shouldn’t even be here. Humans aren't allowed to settle in Gavel.
- ???: These Humans couldn’t be bothered to fight their own war, so they hid an entire city here.
- ???: Traitor? I’m no traitor. I'm just looking to carry out the law where it needs to be carried out. Nothing personal, yes?
- Ardulf: Maybe they'll actually use "Ardulf" instead of saying "freak" once they've seen the good I can do for them!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Read the note on the table.
- - Airship leaves Eltom 6:15 to Thesead
- - Mayor's office on the top layer of Thesead
- - Remember to set up Dwarven bank account
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Head to Eltom's Airbase.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Hilan.
- Hilan: H-h-help!
- Hilan: Hooded man... Climbed tower...
- Hilan: Requested to use a ship... I refused...
- Hilan: He beat me up... And left...
- Hilan: Hurry!
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Head up to the Airbase's Tower to confront the hooded man.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Board the Eltom Cargo Ship.
- Ardulf: What are you doing here? Why are you protecting this illegal town?
- Ardulf: The Villagers will not be happy about Eltom. This could seriously harm the Gavel-Wynn relationship.
- Ardulf: You can't stop me. You wouldn't murder one of your own, would you?
- Ardulf: I will tell the mayor of Thesead all about this place, and claim my reward for doing so. I will be rich and if you want to stop me you will have to do it yourself!
- You feel a very heavy blow to the back of your head. You wake up here.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Escape your cell and find a way to sabotage the ship.
- To escape your cell, you must pick this weird lock. It seems that the spinning a ring inside will spin the rings next to it another way
- To Hilan.
- The ship you're running is a mess. This is the third time I've had to repair a coolant leak here.
- The Corkian machines are great, but they aren't eternal. At this rate, you'll need a new ship every winter.
- Is it that hard to understand that no liquid should enter the engine?
- -Engineer Bertin
» Go down the cargo hatch.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
- Thesead's Mayor: What brings a human to my office?
- Thesead's Mayor: A letter? Oh, that. The one about Eltom? Don't look so worried. The secret is safe with me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Yes, I know about Eltom. After all, its mayor is my ex-husband.
- Thesead's Mayor: It may seem weird, a love between a villager and a human. I know, but our race did not stop us from being in love.
- Thesead's Mayor: The person who left the letter about Eltom is our son, Ardulf. As soon as Eoric found out about our child, he panicked and left me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Ardulf will never be accepted as a half breed... Still, I hope he's OK.
- Thesead's Mayor: Huh, oh yeah, one more thing. The switch under the table... go on, press it!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There is a tier IV chest behind the fireplace in Ardulf's house
- When you press the button under the desk in Thesead's Mayor's office, a secret passage in the wall opens up. When you go inside, you get teleported to Eltom's Mayor's office.
- Similarly, there's a hole outside of Eltom's Mayor's office that teleports to Thesead's Mayor's office.