The Hidden City
|The Hidden City|
The Hidden City is a long level 88 quest located in the Gavel Province.
Preview[edit | edit source]
A secret human settlement is about to be revealed to all of the Gavel Province, and the player must stop the person who is going to reveal the city.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Narder.
- Narder: A Human! Agh! Don't worry about getting me medical attention.
- Narder: I've broken my leg but I have a job to do that's very time restrictive.
- Narder: I'll happily pay you handsomely to do it on my behalf, it is just imperative that someone does it.
- Narder: I don't work for villagers, I was hired to come here by Humans. Yes, Humans.
- Narder: But before I give you the job - You have to swear to secrecy.
- Narder: Do you agree?
- Narder: Good.
- Narder: There is a hidden town in Gavel. Up in the mountains. It was built and run by Humans.
- Narder: Now, the villagers have very strict rules about Humans living in their lands, and it's VERY illegal.
- Narder: I was contacted by the Mayor because he is aware that the town may become compromised.
- Narder: I was, and now you, are to find out why and who is responsible for the treachery.
- Narder: I've never been to the city in the mountains, but I was given instructions. Here, I'll write down the location in your book.
- Narder: Be aware though, they won't let you in unless the area is safe. They can't risk villagers wandering in.
- Narder: Good luck.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Head to [890, 47, -5388] to find the human town.
- Villager: Hm? Human? Doesn't this seem strange to you? A giant human face is sculpted into the wall! What? A deadly gas? I didn't realize! Please escort me to my camp at the entrance of the cave!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Lead the Curious Villager back to his camp.
- ???: Finally, I thought he'd never leave. Come on in!
- You hear a voice coming from the giant human head. You should inspect it.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Return to the human face and inspect the loud noise.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Eltom Guard.
- Eltom Guard: Thank you for getting rid of that curious villager! We thought he'd never leave.
- Eltom Guard: I've never seen you before. Who gave you access to the town?
- Eltom Guard: You're here in place of the detective the mayor hired?
- Eltom Guard: Normally, I wouldn't believe that, but come in. We're desperate.
- Eltom Guard: If you need to get back, there is a simple button to open the way.
- Eltom Guard: On the other side is a less obvious button.
- Eltom Guard: You probably should get going now. Our mayor can get impatient.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Mayor Eoric in the town hall.
- Eoric: What are you doing here? I'm writing an important letter, this better be important!
- Eoric: What? Narder sent you? Why'd he send a Ragni soldier?
- Eoric: I didn't think the army was authorized to know about Eltom, especially Fruma recruits.
- Eoric: Anyway, Eltom's secrecy is in great danger. We have found evidence of the traitor.
- Eoric: We have locked down all of the exits. No one leaves or enters without my permission.
- Eoric: We need a detective to sniff out the traitor and expose him.
- Eoric: Start by asking the citizens around here about anything suspicious they've seen.
- Eoric: When you find the culprit, remember to leave him alive! The guards will take care of him.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Ask Eltom Citizens about the note.
- Reder: Sorry, detective, but I haven't seen anything suspicious. In fact, I haven't even left my house for the last week.
- Nichye: The only suspicious thing I've seen is a hooded man walking around. There's not many people in Eltom so it's weird.
- Sybeth: If you want to find out anything, the best person to ask is Lumilda. She's in her bakery, just behind the Scroll Shop.
- Lumilda: Ah, detective! What brings you to the sweet Lumilda's Bakery?
- Lumilda: Hm, yes, there is a weird person coming through.
- Lumilda: It's a hooded man. Never seen the face. A trouble maker, if you ask me!
- Lumilda: He's been here a few times, usually writing things on a piece of paper. That man's a real mystery. No one even knows where he lives.
- Lumilda: One time my grandson couldn't resist and followed the man. Last thing he saw was the man leaving through the Eastern Exit.
- Lumilda: Ain't that a place to start, sweetheart?
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Inspect anything beyond the Eastern Exit.
- There appears to be a cave up above.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Inspect the house.
- Ardulf: Ah. You must be the detective then. None of those half witted Eltomites would figure it out.
- Ardulf: I guess the Grook is out of the pen then.
- Ardulf: This town shouldn’t even be here. Humans are forbidden from settling in Gavel.
- Ardulf: These Humans couldn’t be bothered to fight their own war, so they hid an entire city here.
- Ardulf: Traitor? I’m no traitor. I’m just looking out for number one. I barely feel Human anyway. I just want to make a fortune in handing over these illegal settlers.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Read the note on the table.
- - Airship leaves Eltom 6:15 to Thesead
- - Mayor's office on the top layer of Thesead
- - Remember to set up Dwarven bank account
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Head to Eltom's Airbase.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Hilan.
- Hilan: H-h-help!
- Hilan: Hooded man... Climbed tower...
- Hilan: Requested to use a ship... I refused...
- Hilan: He beat me up... And left...
- Hilan: Hurry!
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Head up to the Airbase's Tower to confront the hooded man.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Board the Eltom Cargo Ship.
- Ardulf: What are you doing here? Why are you protecting this illegal town?
- Ardulf: The Villagers will not be happy about Eltom. If it goes any further it could seriously harm the Gavel-Wynn relationship.
- Ardulf: You can't stop me. You wouldn't murder one of your own, would you?
- Ardulf: I will tell the mayor of Thesead all about this place, and claim my reward for doing so. I will be rich and if you want to stop me you will have to do it yourself!
- You feel a very heavy blow to the back of your head. You wake up here.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Escape your cell and find a way to sabotage the ship.
- To escape your cell, you must pick this weird lock. It seems that the spinning a ring inside will spin the rings next to it another way
- To Hilan.
- Hello! This is Engineer Buine. I have installed the "STOP ENGINE" button, just like you asked.
- It was supposed to be in the cargo hold, right? That room by the stairs? Anyways, it's there.
- My job is done, I'll be expecting my payment by this time next week.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
- Thesead's Mayor: What brings a human to my office?
- Thesead's Mayor: A letter? Oh, that. The one about Eltom? Don't look so worried. The secret is safe with me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Yes, I know about Eltom. After all, its mayor is my ex-husband.
- Thesead's Mayor: It may seem weird, a love between a villager and a human. I know, but our race did not stop us from being in love.
- Thesead's Mayor: The person who left the letter about Eltom is our son, Ardulf. As soon as Eoric found out about our child, he panicked and left me.
- Thesead's Mayor: Ardulf will never be accepted... A half breed... I hope he's OK.
- Thesead's Mayor: Huh, oh yeah, one more thing. The switch under the table... go on, press it!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There is a tier IV chest behind the fireplace in Ardulf's house
- When you press the button under the desk in Thesead's Mayor's office, a secret passage in the wall opens up.
- When you go inside, you get teleported to Eltom's Mayor's office.
- Similarly, there's a hole outside of Eltom's Mayor's office that teleports to Thesead's Mayor's office.