The Dark Descent
|The Dark Descent|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to General Graken.
- General Graken: Ah, hello there chap! I must say, I didn't expect to see a part of the old Ragni regiment over 'ere.
- General Graken: I am General Graken, leader of the Nemract militia. Charmed to meet you!
- General Graken: You've seen all the bloody zombies faffing about everywhere, yes? They're all seeming to come from this massive skull
- General Graken: And try as we might, the thing won't give! Blades, pickaxes, explosives, our burliest soldiers, all done bugger all!
- General Graken: If we could figure a way in, then we might be able to curb the flow of these undead gits, but it won't budge.
- General Graken: However! I found something quite interesting recently. Look at the eyesockets. Notice how the right one has a bright ruby?
- General Graken: It used to be fitted with a dark one like the left.
- General Graken: I've a hunch, chap! And that hunch is, if we can find another matching ruby, this thing might open up its gob!
- General Graken: I found the first gem in one of the houses nearby, so I'd like you to check that house again.
- General Graken: Perhaps I simply overlooked the other one in there. If not, then we'll start searching elsewhere.
- General Graken: It's just south of here. The house still had solid wood boarding in it, despite the age, so look lively, chum!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the house in Ancient Nemract to find the second ruby.
- General Graken: Oh, sod it, I knew I was forgetting something! Steady there, chum! I'm on my way!
- General Graken: Drat! Too late, it seems. Yes, I forgot to mention the floor was in poor condition. Up here! You took quite the tumble, are you alright?
- General Graken: Well, there's some good news, I suppose. Still though, seems I sent you a ticket to a bit of a sticky wicket! Do you see a way out anywhere down there?
- General Graken: There's a tunnel? Aha, spiffing! I suggest you take it immediately. I'll have to return to my post now, post-haste!
- General Graken: Good luck, chum! Now, back, you cads! Back I say!
- ???: Keheh... Come further, little human... Step into the shadows...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go through the tunnel in the basement of the house.
- ???: Welcome...
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the strange dark realm.
- Soldier: Scout! Report your findings, immediately! How many corrupteds are coming?
- Scout: I...there...too many...th-thousands, at...at least...
- Soldier: Thousands...? This is far worse than I expected. Men! Prepare for-
- Scout: No point...we're...doomed...
- Soldier: Wait, w-what's going on? What's happening to you?!
- Lost Soul: Please, stop this! Whoever you are, leave me and my family in peace! What did we ever do to deserve this?!
- ???: Ah, but if you had only said so sooner! They have already left this mortal coil...oh, what a shame.
- Lost Soul: Y-you...I thought they...oh, god, no...
- ???: Hush now. I will ensure that you and your family are reunited. You will even be able to partake in...keheh...family outings, under my watchful eye...
- Lost Soul: Wha...you mean... N-no, please! I don't want to hurt anyone! I don't want to die!!
- ???: Aha, naive girl. How cute, you believe you have a choice in the matter. What you want, is not what I need.
- ???: Heheh...do you see now?
- ???: Do you see how easily this place fell? How quickly I became its master? And how I could simply dispose of you without a second thought?
- ???: Such fragile beings, humans. So very easily influenced. Heartbroken, made hopeless. Your ties only serve to weaken you.
- ???: So I invite you to continue. I encourage it, even. For if you should foray into my domain...
- ???: There would be simply no chance for you to survive. And then, I will be free to string you up like a lifeless little puppet.
- ???: So take the gem, my little soldier boy. I eagerly await our next meeting, keheheh...
- You should collect the gem in the left socket before leaving, regardless of the strange figure's ominous comments. Is there a way to climb up somewhere nearby?
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Take the ruby from the eye socket of the dark skull and leave the strange dark realm. (If you cannot collect the gem, walk backwards to the pressure plates and then attempt to collect it.)
- This gem seems to match the one in the normal world. It seems like the only way to go from here is into the skull.
- ???: I will allow you to return now... and I will ensure you remember what you have seen here.
- ???: Good luck on your little quest...keheheh...
- General Graken: Hey! Come on, come over here! Quit milling about with the zombies, chap!
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Return the ruby to Graken.
- General Graken: Oi! Hallo?! Chum? Why're you wandering round all bog-eyed? Come back to me now!
- General Graken: Come on, pip pip! Let's see a bit more colour in your eyes- There we are! Back now, chap?
- General Graken: Capital! You had me quite worried for a spot, there. Do bubble about just what went on down there, mm? I see you've managed to uncover the gem, at least!
- General Graken: But, you were stumbling about like a senile biddy, eyes blank as cream, and you kept muttering something about a Charon.
- General Graken: I'm supposing he was the one who took you for a spin there? Well, you certainly haven't carked it, so I might call this operation a jolly good success!
- General Graken: Ah, quite a nasty look there, chum! Don't you worry a bit, I'll be carrying the can on that one. I'll also take care of putting in this gem, too!
- General Graken: I already took out the one up there, so how'd you like to take it, chuck? I can feel the magic potential in it, and I'll be buggered if you go without reward.
- General Graken: Now, might be good to go back to town, cop some zeds after all that codswallop. I'm certain you can't be feeling quite ace right now.
- General Graken: And while that was quite the impressive feat, just rushing straight on in the state you're in right now...wouldn't end happily.
- General Graken: Still though. Once you've all healed up, I'd be chuffed to have you along again in the expedition down into the depths, old bean!