The Corrupted Village
|The Corrupted Village|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Orikal wants to help people of the Corrupted Village and asks the player to help him destroy the corruption spikes, that he believes make the villagers corrupt.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Orikal outside the Corrupted Village.
- Orikal: Go away! I know you're angry but there's nothing to gain her-
- Orikal: Oh, you seem calm. What are you doing here? Bit close to the portal for a soldier isn't it?
- Orikal: I see, you were sent to aid the public. Perfect.
- Orikal: I am Orikal, I'm trying to stop everyone here from killing each other.
- Orikal: Do you see all these spikes? I believe they are the thing spreading corruption.
- Orikal: Corruption does not affect humans like other beings. It’s much much slower, more like an infection of the mind to us.
- Orikal: Could you inspect the peak of the spike in the village for me? It might give me valuable insight. Thanks!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Examine the nearby corrupted spike to the northeast.
This spike appears to be much larger than the others around the village, but nothing unusual. You should take a closer look at the top.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Climb the spike to see if you can find anything useful about it's existance.
When observing the spike from on top, you notice absolutely nothing. You should report back to Orikal.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Report back to Orikal about your observations.
- Orikal: That was quick... did you find anything?
- Orikal: Really, nothing? You didn't even feel anything?
- Orikal: How can it be just a spike? It must be spreading corruption somehow.
- Orikal: Then perhaps my second theory was correct. I will have to send you underground.
- Orikal: There are old cave systems around here from the mining days. I sent two men down to excavate the spike, can you go down and help?
- Orikal: The entrance is a little to the northeast. In fact, you should have passed it on your way to the spike.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
Find the excavators inside the nearby cave to the northeast.
- Alfonse: This is insane, why are we here?! We're looking for corruption you know that right?
- Roy: Calm down. All we have to do is keep digging. Besides, he did say he'd pay us a lot, so stop being mad.
- Alfonse: Forget it, I don't care anymore, just prime the explosive and get clear of the blast!
That explosion sounded like it uncovered something big. You should take a look.
- Roy: Well, that did the trick. Let’s take a look.
- Alfonse: Oh my... What... is this?
- Roy: It almost looks like a giant spike...Woah. How deep does this thing go?
- Alfonse: Well, you know what? We did our job, so honestly I don't care. Let's get out of he-
- Alfonse: Orikal? We’re done! Pay up! I want out. This place is getting to me.
- Orikal: I came when I heard the explosion. I thought you’d hurt yourselves.
- Orikal: Well, I'll be darned. The spike goes this far down? And it looks like it goes even deeper than this!
- Roy: Well, I don't know about you, but I say we blow it to shreds! That oughta get rid of this spike!
- Orikal: For once, I agree. I'll do it, you guys just get clear.
- Orikal: ...Wow, that did nothing. We're going to need something MUCH more powerful than TNT...
- Alfonse: Oh yeah? And just what would you have in mind?
- Orikal: Well, it's sorta complicated. That's why I've decided to give our new friend here the job of acquiring this explosive.
- Roy: Oh yeah, we were so busy with this spike, we forgot to address you! Sorry about that.
- Alfonse: Well if you don't need us anymore then we'll just be on our way... WITH our money! So hand it over please.
- Orikal: Alright, fine. Here's your pay. Thank you for your help.
Orikal pays the excavators.
- Roy: Gah! That's hardly anything! I'm not even surprised. Let's just go.
- Orikal: Anyway, come meet me back at my tent, friend. We will discuss what to do then.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Exit the cave and speak to Orikal in his tent about his plan for destroying the spike.
- Orikal: Okay. I happen to know a recipe for creating an extremely lethal magical explosive.
- Orikal: There are 3 main ingredients you will need to get me: [Unstable Corrupted Ore], [Incendiary Fluid], and a [Switch Fuse] to activate it.
- Orikal: There used to be a small mining camp a little east of this town. It's abandoned now, but you should still be able to find what you need there.
- Orikal: It's not the big ol' abandoned mines, mind you. It's a smaller camp, in fact you should be able to see it from this village.
- Orikal: Best of luck! Oh, and also, try not to die please. These ingredients do indeed promote environmental hazards.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Find [Unstable Corrupted Ore], [Incendiary Fluid] and [Switch Fuse] for the TNT at the mining camp.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Report back to Okiral.
- Orikal: You got 'em all! Excellent, this is exactly what we need.
- Orikal: Alright, stand back. I have actually never made this before, so let's hope I don't cause a disaster.
Orikal takes the materials you retrieved and puts them in a container. He mutters some words in an unknown language, and suddenly the container turns into some sort of Magical TNT.
- Orikal: Phew, glad nothing tragic happened there. This should be it, now go take it back down to the spike and destroy it once and for all!
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Bring the explosive to the spike in the cave and use it to destroy the spike.
It appears this magical TNT worked. Now that the spike's roots have been demolished, you should talk to Orikal about your success.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Report to Orikal about your success.
- Orikal: Oh, do you feel that? It's like a buzzing in my ears I never knew about has just vanished.
- Orikal: I think that worked you know. It seems the power of the spike comes from the root...
- Orikal: But what is it connected to? That’s for another day. The main thing is the village is safe.
- Orikal: Here, take this for your help. I found this potato in one of the houses around here, and I sure as heck don’t want it!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest replaced the quest The Angry Village during the 1.17 Dungeons & Discoveries Update.