Temple of the Legends (Quest)
|Temple of Legends|
|Location||Temple of the Legends|
|Required Item||Yahya's Stained Bowl, Maltic's Recommendation Letter, Corrupted Potato, Bob's Crushed Soul, Sayleros' Brother's Ashes, The Mummy's Bandage|
Temple of the Legends is a long level 68 quest that starts in front of the Temple of the Legends and takes the player throughout the province.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
|Location||Outside of Troms||X||-693||Y||68||Z||-993|
- Kelight: I see you want to enter this mighty temple! Do not deny it, I see it in your eyes.
- Kelight: It is only natural, after all, to want to join the esteemed ranks of the Legends, such as myself!
- Kelight: You will need to prove yourself by fighting a powerful beast, hidden deep in this cave beside me.
- Kelight: However, as a Legend, I am very busy, autographs and the sort, and that's not to mention my guard duty, so let's see if you are even worthy of my time.
- Kelight: Bring me back [1 Yahya's Stained Bowl], [1 Maltic's Recommendation Letter] and [1 Corrupted Potato], Trophies of your accomplishments.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Kelight: Mhm, mhm. Yeah, that was a bit fast. Fork them over, I need to see if these are the real deal.
- Kelight: Hmm, yes, this bowl certainly seems... used. Only that loonie Yahya could use this thing upside down, and not spill a drop...
- Kelight: I'd recognize that peasant's handwriting any day of the week. Rynend writes these I.O.U.s all the time...
- Kelight: And while I'd normally do a taste test, this potato is obviously corrupted through and through.
- Kelight: Mildly impressive, yes. But, don't think you'll be getting in that easily. I'll need a bit more proof.
- Kelight: Bring me 1 [Bob's Crushed Soul], 1 [Sayleros' Brother's Ashes], and 1 [The Mummy's Bandage]. Only true heroes could manage this task.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Kelight: Back so soon? A little bit suspicious. Allow me to examine your trophies once more.
- Kelight: These "ashes" look a bit much like plain dust...but they do smell rather burnt...I suppose these are the real deal.
- Kelight: Ah, ancient Wynnic hieroglyphs. This bandage is definitely the true article, but there's no way you could possibly have gotten Bob's-
- Kelight: Bob's...s-soul...? My...my god. He disappeared years ago! How did you...er, I mean, well done. Perhaps you are as strong as you pretend.
- Kelight: Moving along... This creature that I task you to fight...it is no ordinary foe. You see, it is not just a powerful minion of Corruption.
- Kelight: It is believed that this creature was one of the miners who ventured into the Nether portal...
- Kelight: It is so powerful that simply entering this cave will weaken you, even with the best equipment!
- Kelight: Getting close to it will quickly corrupt you, which is why we must craft you a protection helmet.
- Kelight: Only a light whose origin is from the same realm as the monster can protect you against such a beast.
- Kelight: Now, a friend of mine, Jorkin, studies the Nether. He knows more about it than even myself, so go to him and explain the situation.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
- Jorkin: You may want to get out of here, traveller. The Nether is very dangerous!
- Jorkin: Oh my. You...you want to attack HIM? Th-that horrid beast! Are you mad?!
- Jorkin: Urgh, Kelight keeps sending adventurers like you to their deaths with his asinine tasks!
- Jorkin: Fine. If you're really so determined to walk to your death, I can tell you where to go.
- Jorkin: On the other side of the Nether from here, there is a cave full of the Light Dust you'll need.
- Jorkin: Powerful corrupteds live in that cave, so be very careful retrieving it, and bring it back to me once you find it.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find the Lightdust Cavern located near the Nether portal.
- Jorkin: You have the Light Dust, then? Hand it here, I want to see something.
- Jorkin: Ah, just as I thought. Even this light has been corrupted by the Nether. Sorry, looks like you can't fight him, go home.
- Jorkin: ...
- Jorkin: ...urgh, there's no fooling you, is there? You really are committed to trying to fight him.
- Jorkin: Well, I wasn't lying when I said the Light Dust was corrupted, but there is a way to purify it.
- Jorkin: An old acquaintance of mine, Rayshyroth, has a method. He lives on Mage Island.
- Jorkin: He knows even more about that...thing, than I do in my years of studying the Nether. Maybe he'll be able to talk you out of this.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Rayshyroth: Oh? Well, greetings. What brings you to our quiet lonely island, let alone all the way up here?
- Rayshyroth: ...I see. Yes, the corruption of the blasted Nether Portal is rather potent. I'm not surprised this would need purification.
- Rayshyroth: Well, I can certainly do it, but I'll need the materials to do so. Shouldn't be anything you can't handle by now, right?
- Rayshyroth: You see, below my house here, there is a wellspring from which a powerful magic flux generates.
- Rayshyroth: It creates a unique magic vapor if disrupted, which I can use to purify the dust for you.
- Rayskyroth: I would say, given how badly corrupted this is, I will need at least 12 Sky Vapor for the task.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
- Rayshyroth: Aha, you're back with the Sky Vapor! Sorry about the climb, even I find it rather inconvenient at times.
- Rayshyroth: While I perform the ritual to purify this, I'd like to ask you something. Do you know, exactly, what it is you'll be fighting?
- Rayshyroth: Don't look so surprised, I know exactly what you need Light Dust for. The corruption warding helmet...to allow you to fight the Corrupter of Worlds.
- Rayshyroth: Yes, yes. I imagine that Kelight didn't bother telling you that was his title. I also surmise that you were given few details of how he came to be...
- Rayshyroth: The beast now known as the Corrupter of Worlds used to be a simple mining captain, during the expeditions that uncovered the Nether Portal. He was the first to enter that wicked realm.
- Rayshyroth: The poor man was never heard from again...well, that is until the corrupted hordes began to pour from the Nether, with him leading the pack. A bit ironic, isn't it? Led the miners in life, the corrupteds in death.
- Rayshyroth: His mining crew there lasted hardly minutes. He personally slaughtered every single one of his original crew, and thousands more. The energies of the Nether have made him monstrously powerful.
- Rayshyroth: Just remember that no one, aside from that snooty Kelight, will think less of you should you choose not to fight him.
- Rayshyroth: Here is your Light Dust. Whatever you decide to do next, I wish you only the best of luck in it.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Bring the purified dust to Kelight.
- Kelight: Hah. Took you long enough. This is the light dust, I presume?
- Kelight: I'll hold onto this for now. While it is a vital ingredient for creating your protection helmet, we need the actual helmet now.
- Kelight: Now, I knew a man named Garull, once. He kept ranting and raving about Creepers existing, can you believe? Pfft! It's like suggesting an enderdragon will attack Detlas!
- Kelight: When I suggested the notion to be silly, he stopped coming to visit me, his loss. Nevertheless, he is a very skilled craftsman, and can create the helmet we need.
- Kelight: I have, unfortunately, no idea where he is now, but given how you have proven yourself thusfar, you should have very little trouble, hm?
- Kelight: Come back if you can manage to get ahold of that helmet.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Find Garull, the Creeper obsessed scientist.
- Garull: GWUH! Oh god, don't scare me like that! Who... Who even are you?!
- Garull: Ah, you were sent from Kelight for a protection helmet? I can do that, sure, but there's a few complications.
- Garull: See, I usually use something called Touroto Hide to make my armor. It's extremely resilient, magic resistant and tough to break.
- Garull: But, this also makes the Touroto themselves almost impossible to kill. Getting Touroto Hide is extremely difficult. I do know of a black market for it in Rymek, but...
- Garull: They only sell useless Old Touroto Hide, gotten from ones that died of old age. It's almost no better than just plain leather.
- Garull: So, for me to craft you this helmet, I'll need you to bring me not just the Old Touroto Hide, but also the means to restore it to its previous power.
- Garull: There's the Aseado Leaf, grown someplace in the Dernel Jungle...it has powerful medicinal qualities, supposedly able to reverse aging.
- Garull: Then, a Maro's Eye Jewel, which is an amazing magical focus. Using its dust, I'll be able to return its magical resilience manually.
- Garull: Finally, I'll need a Coral of Nelfors, which can be found in the Seavale Reef. This is what I need to use to enchant the hide to be magically resistant.
- Garull: I wrote all that down in your quest book. If you can get it all, come back to see me, but don't be so sneaky about coming up to me please!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
- Garull: Thank you for listening to me about not being so quiet coming over here. I'm guessing you've got everything?
- Garull: Alright, this should go quickly. For however pompous Kelight is, he's right in sending you to me to craft this.
- Garull: Now, I want to warn you about something. I've heard stories about the enemy you need this helmet to face, none of them good.
- Garull: While I have seen people return from killing the "beast" he talks about, it isn't often. Be very careful, should you choose to fight it.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
- Kelight: Oh, so you actually managed to find the blighter. I was getting tired of waiting for you.
- Kelight: Now, if you'll hand over the helmet, I'll apply the light dust. Afterwards, you may enter the cave.
- Kelight: Hopefully you'll do better than that last group that tried to fight him. Six fighters strong, never came back.
- Kelight: Bring me concrete proof of your triumph over the beast, and I will grant you passage into this Temple of the Legends.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
- You start to feel weaker as you enter the cave...
- You feel like some demons are slowly consuming your mind... maybe it wasn't a good idea to enter this place...
- Kelight: .. You... you did it? H-how?!
- Kelight: Even one so brave and powerful as myself could not possibly survive against-
- Kelight: Er... I mean, of course you were able to defeat the beast! I believed in you from the very start!
- Kelight: You are welcome into the Temple of the Legends, with my permission! Feel proud of your accomplishment!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bring all the quest items to Kelight at once so you don't have to go back and fetch them.
- Garull is located in the Creeper's Hideout.
- Bring a party of people to assist you in killing the Corrupter of Worlds, preferably with a mage for Heal Spells.
- Rayshyroth is on the floating island at Mage Island.
- Bring a few Ragni Scrolls with you so you don't have to walk too far to get to Kelight. Make sure you have completed The Passage, otherwise a Troms scroll would be better, but much more expensive.
- Try to acquire all the items for making the helmet before doing the quest (The Lightdust and the Sky Vapour are for making the lightdust and cannot be acquired beforehand). It will make the quest much faster and easier.
- The full list of quests needed to be completed in order to complete this quest are: Mushroom Man, Creeper Infiltration (For access to the Creeper Hideout), Maltic's Well, Grave Digger, The Corrupted Village, Wrath of the Mummy, Ice Nations (For access to Maro Peaks) and Bob's Lost Soul.