Spirit of Vexation (Phase 1)
|Sacrificial Altar Series|
|Sacrificial Altar||Spirit of Vexation (Phase 1)||Spirit of Vexation (Phase 2)|
|Spirit of Vexation (Phase 1)|
|Damage||62-78 ✹ ✽ ✦|
|Damage||✹ Fire ✽ Water ✦ Thunder|
Combat[edit | edit source]
Spirits of Vexation are a strong melee enemy that follow the player and try to damage them by coming into contact with them. They move at a very fast pace. Upon death, Spirits of Vexation are replaced by two Spirits of Vexation (Phase 2).
Spirits of Vexation deal ✹ Fire, ✽ Water, and ✦ Thunder damage with their attacks.
Occasionally, Spirits of Vexation will perform a Pull spell, pulling the player towards itself with great force. They may also perform a Teleport spell, instantaneously reappearing about 15 blocks in front of them. If the player is caught in their path, they take damage and are blinded momentarily.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Spirits of Vexation can drop the following items when defeated:
|Spirit of Vexation (Phase 1) Drops|
Location[edit | edit source]
Location: -361, 78, -984
Tier 4 Loot Chest
Tier 4 Loot Chest
Tier 2 Loot Chest
|Mobs||Dark Cultist (Lv. 18) • Dark Cultist (Lv. 20) • Sacrificial Altar|
|Info||Located in Time Valley, south of the Sanctuary Bridge. The real entrance to the cave is on the lakeside.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The many Dark Cultists that inhabit the cave can be a significant nuisance while fighting the Spirit at lower levels. The level 20 Cultists only attack with their spears in melee range, while the level 18 Cultists use a fast ranged attack, as well as being able to use the Heal spell on themselves and their allies. After being killed, however, they usually respawn quite slowly.
- The Sacrificial Altar does not respawn naturally, so if you wish to farm the Spirit for the Vexing Set, you must leave and reload the area after each kill, making the process very time-consuming.
- If seeking out the Vexing Set, the Dark Cultists will also rarely drop a component; however, the Spirit itself has a much higher drop-rate.
- An offshoot of the cave the Spirit is found in, guarded by two level 18 Cultists, contains a Tier III and a Tier IV Loot Chest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Spirit of Vexation's name and appearance are based on the Vex, a mob from vanilla Minecraft.
- The Minecraft Vex also turns red when it attacks.
- The word "vexation" means annoyance, frustration or worry.
- Dark Cultists are also found surrounding the Temporal Rift, another bonus miniboss found in Time Valley. It also drops Dark Aura. Dark Cultists can also spawn in the Ravine Village, located in the Pigmen's Ravines.