Losing Soul Points[edit | edit source]
Every time you die, you will lose 2 Soul Points. You will then respawn, with your inventory, in the closest major city to where you died. You will only respawn in cities that you have visited at least once before.
You will also lose 1 Soul Point when using a Teleportation Scroll to teleport to a city.
When using the /kill command, you will lose 2 Soul Points, and respawn in the closest major city to where you died.
Creating and/or leaving a guild will remove 3 Soul Points.
If your Soul Points reach zero (i.e., you die when you have only 1 or 2 Soul Points), you will still drop some of your items with an increased chance. You will then respawn in the nearest city which you have visited. For 20 seconds only you will be able to pick up your dropped items, but due to chunk loading glitches they will most likely despawn immediately.
You will drop items every time you die now. As you lose Soul Points the chances of you dropping more valuable items are increased. The following table shows the drop percentages of items (Loss is calculated from the amount of Soul Points before losing any):
|Soul Points||Junk Items||Emeralds||Other Items||Un-IDed Items|
If you die in the Nether or in a duel, you won't lose any Soul Points. You will only lose your IDed items if lose all Soul Points.
Gaining Soul Points[edit | edit source]
By default, you will receive 1 Soul Point at the dawn of each Minecraft day. (20 minutes per day/night cycle). With the Soul Point Regen identification, you have a chance to regen multiple Soul Points at dawn. You can earn a maximum of 10 Soul Points at the beginning of a class. Once you reach the levels 15, 30, 45, 60, and 75, your Soul Point cap will increase by 1 up to a max of 15.
After the 1.13 Wynnter update you can earn Soul Points while not actually playing (1 Soul Point for every hour of being offline.)
Maximum Soul Points[edit | edit source]
Your maximum number of Soul Points depends on your current level:
|Level Range||Max SP|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of the 1.12 update, Soul Points cannot be bought with Gold Coins. (They were buyable for GC before 1.12)
- Before 1.12, VIPs got a 15 Soul Points cap.
- When 1.12 was released, all current VIPs got a Veteran tag, and a permanent 15 Soul Point cap on all classes.
- Using the command /kill during a duel will not make you lose Soul Points.
- Before 1.14.1, you could drop all of your items when you had 2 or fewer Soul Points. Now, the system has changed to dropping some of your items every death.
- With the update 1.14.1 Soul Points can now be purchased at the store; they work as bombs and give 2 Soul Points to anyone on the current server when used