|Starter NPC||Skyraider Guard|
Royal Trials is a long level 98 quest at the Skyraider Base in the Sky Islands.
Preview[edit | edit source]
After the uncalled death of the former Skyraider Queen, the Skyraiders at the Skyraider Base seek out a new queen to rule. To decide who gets the position, they host a deadly series of trials to ensure the new queen has got what it takes.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Skyraider Guard.
- Skyraider Guard: Back off! No'ne enters 'til the pirate queen is chosen. What's a landwalker like you doin' here?
- Skyraider Guard: Participate? Pirate QUEEN. Are ye a female? Actually, I can't see under yer helmet. Ye might be.
- Skyraider Guard: Off with ya now! Before I call the gals to gut you.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Hrona.
- Hrona: Yer wantin' to be pirate queen, ye? Don' worry, I can help ye.
- Hrona: Y'see, the other pirates aren't fit for the role. They're dumb 'n weak. All they've got is looks.
- Hrona: Yer got the lot! Looks and talent.
- Hrona: Y'know, the guard, she's dumb too. A simple disguise will fool 'er. I heard there's a wig shop over at Ahmsord and they're sellin' a female pirate wig.
- Hrona: Get one for yerself. It ain't free but it oughta fool em.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Skyraider Guard: Another contestant, huh? Fine, I'll let you in. Hurry up, though, the ceremony is starting soon!
- Angry Queen Contestant: Ugh! You simply can't be the pirate queen, I'm most fit for it!
- Angry Queen Contestant: No, no, no! I'll fight you to the death if it calls, I must be the queen! I'm much more qualified than all of you pigs!
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Walk forward.
- Trials Overseer: Gather round, ladies. The next Queen is about to be selected!
- Trials Overseer: As ye know, when one queen falls, another must rise!
- Trials Overseer: Three trials. That's what ye all face now.
- Trials Overseer: If ye pass all three, yer the new queen. Only one of yer will do it.
- Trials Overseer: The first task is yer fundamental as queen; combat!
- Trials Overseer: Ladies, you may now Begin!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Defeat the 3 rooms and place your tokens in the hopper.
- Trials Overseer: That weeded out the weak. Every queen must be strong to lead.
- Trials Overseer: Task 2! The task of flight. Every queen must be able to fly an airship.
- Trials Overseer: Make sure ye bring yer reflexes girls, one false move and death awaits.
- Trials Overseer: This task should filter out the rest of ye unworthy.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Defeat the challenge of flight.
(It changed in the 1.17 update to a Flappy Bird-style game.)
Congratulations, you made it!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Listen to the trials overseer's speech.
- Trials Overseer: Well lookie here, an amateur made it through her flight.
- Trials Overseer: Well let’s see how you hold up in the final task ladies.
- Trials Overseer: Yer ain’ a pirate at all if ye can't steal, but this is different.
- Trials Overseer: This is the real deal. Stealin’ from a highly secure mansion.
- Trials Overseer: Yer job is to steal a priceless treasure from the richest family in the sky.
- Trials Overseer: We'll be waiting with a getaway airship at the extraction point, everyone else'll left behind.
- Trials Overseer: Remember, this be the real thing, and the defensive measures will be lethal. Good luck ladies.
- Trials Overseer: This here is the garden you will be thrown into... you will have to find a way into the mansion. Maybe you can ask nicely?
- Trials Overseer: This is the high value, mythic treasure that you're trying to thieve from the mansion... good luck, it is very highly defended both by man and machine.
- Trials Overseer: This is the window you will be making your escape out of... we will be waiting for you outside of it. Good luck.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Break into the mansion.
- Courtyard Guard: Some skyraiders have been sneakin' into this garden and causin' havoc, tryin' to snatch the treasure! One of em' almost broke into the mansion by throwin' a rock and shatterin' one of the windows! What’s with the wig?
- Courtyard Guard: Them skyraider pests who broke into this courtyard tried to break into the mansion by breaking one of the mansion's windows by throwin' a rock at it, now we gotta' fix it!
- Courtyard Guard: Ah, I wasn't aware the boss was lettin' in some visitors... shouldn't hurt the establishment, eh?
- Courtyard Guard: Argh, recently a few skyraiders broke into the garden without any o' us noticing and almost broke into the mansion where the treasure is guarded, threw a rock in the window to try to get in, luckily one of us spooked em' off!
- Courtyard Guard: If we ever let one of them skyraiders even get close to stealin' the treasure, the boss'll kill us! Gosh, who knows what'd happen if the treasure got stolen under our noses...
- Construction Villager: Heh, some pesky skyraiders shattered a few windows on the upper floors... Gonna take a good while to fix em', but the boss wants it done quick, he doesn't like when his treasure is at risk.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Sneak past the guards.
Dialogue: (If you get caught)
- Mansion Guard: Oi', you! Whatcha' think yer' doin' sneakin' around these parts? This be a restricted area! Yer' headed to the jail cell!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Steal the treasure.
- Mansion Guard: Aye', men! Tha' treasure has been stolen! Prepare the defenses!
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Get the treasure to the trials overseer outside of the mansion's window.
Dialogue: (If you fall in a hole)
- Mansion Guard: Aye, we caught the nasty thief! We'll be lockin' him up till' he rots!
- Trials Overseer: Grats on stealin' the treasure, you can board the airship through the window.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Listen to the trials overseer's speech.
- Trials Overseer: Aha! I figured it'd be ye to win o'er the rest of that lot… Ye've earned the proper sovereignty of bein' our ruler, our queen of the Skyraiders.
- Trials Overseer: Don't be worryin', we got this airship armoured somethin' heavy, and we’re miles away from their cannons… Nothin' to be afraid of, we're safe in this ship.
- Trials Overseer: But, first things first, let’s take a look inside that fancy box ye got, see what mythical treasures lay guarded behind those grubby guardsmen, shall we?
- Trials Overseer: By the skies and seas…
- Trials Overseer: I hafta wonder now if this weren't bein' guarded for a bit of a nefarious reason. This be... Quite the weapon. It'd be deadly if this got used.
- Trials Overseer: Well, thanks to ye, us Skyraiders might have it now, but using this weapon against civilization would be beyond terrible. We might be pirates but we ain't heartless!
- Trials Overseer: I think we'll just have to keep this locked up nice n' tight once we get back. We'll be sure to tie this little cataclysm-in-a-box down much safer th'n those idiot men did.
- Trials Overseer: Aha! Just gettin' back now. Let's head down and start the ceremony, shall we?
- Trials Overseer: I am pleased to introduce our 734th queen. Fer the sake of our people, let her reign last more than two weeks.
- Trials Overseer: I, on behalf on the rest of the Skyraider people, have the honor of decoratin' you with the highest decoration of the Skyraiders, The Queen’s Headpiece.
- Trials Overseer: Please use your sovereignty to lead us to the riches we deserve.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the trials overseer.
- Trials Overseer: Yer Majesty. What an honour to have such a beautiful queen.
- Trials Overseer: Now, we must crown ye, and give you yer reward.
- Trials Overseer: Benefits of being a queen I 'spose.
- Trials Overseer: Please accept this, your majesty.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Do not leave the room you get teleported to after you are crowned, without talking to the overseer to complete the quest, you will have to redo the entire quest.
- Buy the Female Pirate Wig before you start the quest to save time.
- After the trials begin, you can take off the Female Pirate Wig and switch back to your standard helmet.
- When you lost two times of challenge of flight. You cannot restart the game again Sometimes. All you need to do is type /class or /hub.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The reason the pirates needs a new queen is because the last one died. This might be a reference to the Pirate Queen that the player killed during the quest Flight in Distress. In addition, there's a villager in Ahmsord who says ''What looks like a village to the south-east is actually something more. It's a base filled with sky pirates! I've heard that they were the ones responsible for shooting down that airship that was on its way to Detlas''