Realm of Light II - Taproot
|Realm of Light II - Taproot|
|Required Quest||Realm of Light I - The Worm Holes|
Realm of Light II - Taproot is a long level 62 quest in which the player learns more about the Realm of Light.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Lari: ...oh. <playername>, you're back. Ehm...I have to say, I'm...rather busy at the moment.
- Lari: I have...important things to do. This accursed Decay...I have to end it. This all needs to stop.
- Lari: I am thankful for your aid with the...the Grootslang, but I do not believe you will be able to help with this- Simply a matter of scale.
- Lari: I apologize, but I need to focus on my task here. If, perhaps, you could come back another time? And, I do mean that sincerely...
- Lari: I can't even recall how many attempts this will make...but all my knowledge has gone into this. This must work.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Follow Lari to the black spot next to her camp.
You should follow Lari. There has to be something you can do.
|Location||Dark Forest||X||-1298||Y||43||Z||-5481||Wynncraft Map|
- Lari: ...I suppose I can't fault you for being curious. You may have seen a large, dark-looking patch of ground on your way here- I am trying to tend to it once more.
- Lari: It is...the most obvious stain of the decay, and very intense...if I can scrub this out, the rest should follow.
- Lari: This concoction of mine should...do the trick!
- Lari: It...it's working!! I can feel it, the land is reacting positively!
- Lari: I...I... It was...it was working, a-and... Agh, why can't I get this RIGHT?!
- Lari: How many decades have I been doing this? How much time have I wasted, just...flailing like this?!
- Lari: Look, <playername>, I...I don't know what you expect to do against this. The Wyrm was one thing, but...this is beyond your comprehension.
- Lari: I think you sh... Should...w-what is... Now, of all times? As I fail?!
- Lari: The road, look! He's contacting me! A-are you finally giving me the answers I've asked for?
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Follow the trail of magic leading from the black spot.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Lari outside the weird gate at [-1329, 85, -5606]
- Lari: ...I followed you seeking answers...and here, I am presented with more questions. Why did he bring us here?
- Lari: This gate has appeared, immovable and impassable, since the moment that...that everything started.
- Lari: I don't...is he trying to remind me of what's at stake? Did he want to show y- No, that's...he wouldn't know you...but then, what IS this about?!
- Lari: Rrgh... ANSWER ME! PLEASE! I've begged you for so long to answer!
- Lari: You gave me my task and your light but never told me what to DO! I've tried everything I can think of!!
- Lari: Tell me! Please, just t-tell me already!! I don't know how much longer I can stand this!!
- Lari: I...a-another one? Where are you leading me now?
- Lari: It...the gateway...? Are you...I can't understand! Why this, again?
- Lari: You showed me this before... At first, when you first contacted me. I made the choice...
- Lari: Must I make it again? Is that it, do I need to prove myself to you once more?
- Lari: I...what? You...you present me with this, but refuse to let me do what you want?
- Lari: <playername>...please, can you investigate the doorway? There must be something wrong that I don't understand.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Enter the door.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Listen to the meeting.
- ???: My pulse... Human. I must inquire to you. I present you a test. Guide your attention to those you see.
- ???: I must see the rhythm your heart beats. Listen well.
- Mayor: This has gone far enough. I can't do this anymore! I can't give you any more and I refuse to apologize for it!
- Dr. Urelix: You know our deal. Remember what good you are doing by following the plans I've laid out for you.
- Dr. Urelix: Are you going to let your emotions cloud your judgment? You're a smarter man than that, Mr. Mayor.
- Mayor: You can't possibly believe that throwing away the lives of innocent people is right! I can't go on with this on my conscience!
- Mayor: Detective Hart WILL be hearing from me, and he'll be hearing everything. We can't keep sacrificing our own like this!
- Dr. Urelix: Our golems have single-handedly turned the tide of the Humans' corruption war. You would save ten here and sentence a thousand to die overseas?
- Mayor: You're a sick, twisted man, Urelix. I will not abide by this a moment longer.
- ???: My pulse, you must decide. Three paths diverge upon your road.
- ???: You may leave. The rays of fate will see to destiny unfolding.
- ???: You may end this ''Mayor's'' life. Blood upon your hands in many ways.
- ???: You may end the life of Urelix. Heartbeats ceased by a bleeding heart.
- ???: Which way does your heart beat? How will you cast your light? Can you see?
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Make your choice.
If you choose to leave or kill Urelix:
- ???: My pulse... The blood of a bleeding heart has poisoned me. Even if you believe the sun should shine elsewhere, you must direct it yourself.
- ???: You must realize what is needed. You must see light through my lens.
- ???: To leave... As destiny unfolds, the sun shall set.
- ???: To end this ''Mayor's'' life... To snuff out one whose heart aches is painful.
- ???: To end the life of Urelix... The shadows of war shall engulf all.
- ???: My pulse, there is only one choice. You must do what is required, I beg of you.
If you choose to kill the Mayor:
- Dr. Urelix: Ah, you recognize necessity. That couldn't have been pleasant...but what's needed isn't pleasant, in the end.
- ???: My pulse, you are worthy!
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Enter the door.
- Lari: ...I didn't think you would be able to help, but I had to ask. So...was this for nothing?
- Lari: Wait...y-you...had a choice? He gave you the choice too?! A-Already?!
- Lari: Wh- I don't understand! You...you just arrived to Gavel! You haven't seen its decline! Felt its pain!
- Lari: What did you do?! The gate is opening? YOU did this?! I know your heart is in the right place, but you're a stranger to this land!
- Lari: I...I...rrrgh... AAAAGH!! This isn't fair!! I've worked for decades and the light just...throws me to the wayside?!
- Lari: PLEASE! Just let me in!
- ???: My pulse, you must leave her be. Her heart's emotions have overpowered her mind's judgement. She must learn to separate them as you have.
- Lari: Please... You can't DO this to me!!
- Lari: Why do you want this human to enter the Taproot?! What's special about them, what's their connection? What have they done that I haven't?! Tell me, please! Let me be useful!!
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Enter The Taproot
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Explore the weird realm
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drop(s)||Location|
|Tapped Root||60||2165||Melee||-||-||-||Weird Realm|
You must parkour across the weird realm, while avoiding the occasional mob, to trigger the lines of dialogue.
- ???: Your heartbeat beats in time with mine. Your mind is unclouded, despite the fury you have been steeped in. My pulse, you are needed.
- ???: Your eyes cannot see the scope of the realms. You must allow me to shed light upon them- You must see the connections.
- ???: Light... Dark... We oppose. I am light. It is dark. Our places reflect this land...and it is plain- The sun is setting. Light is fading
- ???: The land you visit warps with the slow siphoning of my light, my blood. It becomes outlandish and strange-Oppressive and alien.
- ???: As dusk approaches- As darkness spreads- My heart slows and stops. My pulse, you are needed. You shall be as one with me, and you shall see.
- ???: The Realm of Light needs life anew- A new pulse. It need you.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Explore the Light Forest.
- ???: Our light is synchronous! You may see what I must have you see...
- ???: Follow the road. You must witness the reason behind my trial.
- ???: See my memories. The memories of the realm. See...and be enlightened.
Travel along the path until you reach a door at (-1850, 41, -6942). The watchman will emit a series of particles and attack you.
|Image||Name||Level||Health||AI Type||Abilities||Elemental Stats||Drop(s)||Location|
|Watchman||65||10000||Ranged||Charge, Meteor||✹ Dam||-||Light Forest |
Kill the watchman to open the door.
- The door is being opened...
Then, keep going until you reach another door at (-1892, 50, -6800).
- The cog is missing a piece...
- Maybe there is something you can use around. Might be good to backtrack.
- The piece of metal fit in the cog...
- The mechanism has been fixed...
Continue along the path until you reach a dark spot behind two stones.
- ???: Witness it... The Equinox. Learn why you are needed, my pulse.
- ???: Witness it. The vile emergence...
- ???: Witness the beginning of decay.
A long cutscene of Lari fighting a darkness parasite will then play.
- Lari: My light...I won't let you down!
- Lari: You! You don't belong here!
- Lari: Wah! Back away, I don't want to hurt you!
- Lari: I can do this... Orphion, lend me your voice!
- Lari: Return to your realm in peace!
- Lari: Your power is blinded by light. You cannot win!
- Lari: Peace, strange creature! You must be peaceful!
- Lari: Why isn't this working? Even Orphion's voice...
- Lari: It's scarring the land... I need to end this, quickly...
- Lari: His light... This power... I can do this!
- Lari: The embodiment of light supports me!
- Lari: You cannot fight the focus of pure light!
- Lari: Be done! I bind you with Orphion's light!
- Lari: Wait...it...it's n-not holding?!
- ???: Lari... A conflicted heart failed to channel my light. She refused to battle.
- ???: The vile intruder was weak... But every opportunity to strike, exchanged for words to the deaf.
- ???: My pulse... it pains me. Her light simply fails to shine where it is needed, and so we are here.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Lari outside the Taproot gate.
- Lari: I... I...hope you'll forgive me, <playername>. My anger wasn't with you. I...j-just...
- Lari: I work for untold years, trying to save this province, to save a Realm... All to so little avail. To the sound of silence from the one I'm trying to help.
- Lari: And then, you appear, and... I still haven't ever been in there. I'd...I'd ask what it was like, but it's...probably private, right?
- Lari: At...at least I have an ally now, r-right? But...I'm afraid that... N-no, it's silly, you don't need to hear me fretting.
- Lari: I... I promise I can still be useful. I'll... I'll find a way. I promise you. I'll...get out of your way, for now.