Purple and Blue
|Purple and Blue|
Purple and Blue is a long level 77 quest set in Cinfras County.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Korun.
- Korun: You humans seem to have no concept of personal space, wandering in my home like that. Anyway, welcome to Lake Gylia.
- Korun: I moved here because of my studies. The magic here is so potent; you can actually see the mystical properties!
- Korun: I have been a magical scholar for many years, but I have never seen anything like this lake.
- Korun: I believe that if I can find and examine the source of the magic, I can decide whether to hide, or harness the power before it falls into the wrong hands.
- Korun: Three of the greatest minds of our time were driven mad by unknown magical forces, so great care is needed.
- Korun: The deeper into the lake you dive, the stronger the magical power becomes. I think something strange is occurring in the heart of the lake.
- Korun: I used to have a picture drawn hundreds of years ago of the lake, take my word it's incredibly different now!
- Korun: We need to get to the heart of the lake! The last scholar who lived opposite the lake from here also sought the center.
- Korun:He apparently found a way in, but his mind was addled. He said he was going back, and never returned. Perhaps since you don't mind breaking into people's houses, can you go there and see what you can find?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the ancient wizard's house for clues.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Find the cave with the hints from the signs in the basement.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the Lost Helmet inside the Cave.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Korun: What's this?! This looks like the helmet the villager is wearing in the painting! But it looks faded.
- Korun: I sense it has lost its mystical properties, let me restore it.
- Korun: Ris'nam asla kaverina!
- Korun: ...
- Korun: There we go! Wow, this is old magic. I believe this helmet can protect you from the intense magic and allow you to walk on the lake bed itself!
- Korun: In my cellar is my study access port to the lake, could you wear this and enter the spire? Perhaps you can bring back something for me to study?
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Enter the center spire from under the lake.
» Investigate the cave further.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Solve the Puzzle.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Go deeper into the heart of the lake.
» Investigate the cave further. Once again.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Solve the Beam Puzzle.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Walk into the Lake Village.
- Nedlom: Help! Help! Somebody help me I'm stuck!
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Nedlom at the Gryndilin's prison.
- Nedlom: What on earth are you?! Do you speak my language?
- Nedlom: You do! Where did you come from, where are the villagers?
- Nedlom: Oh my, Wynn province? How long have I been down here?! I was researching Lake Gylia and went to find the source.
- Nedlom: I told my people about what happened here but everyone called me mad!
- Nedlom: Truth is, a meteor fell into the lake many years ago, and cosmic magic was largely not understood. Mountains sprung up over time, releasing raw mystical energy of purple and blue.
- Nedlom: I got down here, to find this. A village of all things! My only explanation is that the cosmic magic has affected a lake bottom-dwelling species.
- Nedlom: It granted them intelligence, longevity, and made them more villager-like. I myself must have been down here for centuries.
- Nedlom: They have made the meteor their sacred place, and have sealed the door to it. If you want to get to it, you must find and kill the chief. Follow the blood trail to get to his quarters.
- Nedlom: When you defeat him, uncast the spell on the exit in the church. It is the building to my left.
- Nedlom: When you uncast the spell, go to the exit, it is located behind me.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Follow the blood trail to the Gryndilin chief's room
- Gryndilin Chief: Blaurk, Stay away! Lake sacred! Blerak! I will protect!
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Bring back a magical fragment and the helmet to Korun.
» Pick up a Magical Fragment, easily confused with Shattered Crystal.
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Korun.
- Korun: You made it back! Did you find the core? Wow, look at this!
- Korun: A real fragment, it's even glowing purple and blue. The colour of the rock that drove our best minds insane was white, so I'm hoping that I will be ok.
- Korun: I think the various colours have different properties, who knows what purple and blue will hold.
- Korun: I cannot thank you enough for the service you have done to me. Cosmic magic is the least well studied of the wizarding world.
- Korun: The white rock holds the most mystery of all. It was first spotted by the three gavel observatories, and their scientists took to it like madness.
- Korun: When it landed, they studied it furiously, but ultimately it drove them insane over various things.. Three great minds of our time, lost to chickens and mushrooms and whatever else!
- Korun: Anyway, thank you for this. It will unlock many mysteries surrounding cosmic magic. It is by far the most powerful thing I've ever come across.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Stage 3, the Cave is located at -278 -5295. There is a tree above the cave with a button on it. Press it and drop down and run to the back of the cave.
- Stage 9, press the 3 wooden buttons floating in the room, then the button next to the door.
- Stage 11, press the buttons corresponding to Red and Purple.
- Stage 14, it is literally as obvious as it could be, just look around in the houses.
- Stage 16, Warning don't mix up the Shattered Crystal with the Magical Fragment!
- The boss Gryndilin Chief might be hard, as he has high elemental defense and high health regeneration. Bring a strong weapon with you, or some friends
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest was the first quest to integrate command blocks, in order to test what can be done with them in-game.
- Korun reveals that Yahya and his brothers were once great Scientists who lost their minds due to cosmic magic.