Pit of the Dead (Quest)
|Pit of the Dead|
|Location||Pit of the Dead|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Merloni asks the player to investigate the mysterious Pit of the Dead, that was used as a grave for the miners that did not survive the first attacks of the corrupted.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Merloni at the Pit of the Dead.
- Merloni: Greetings. I wasn't expecting anyone to come here. I assume you don't know the tale of this pit...
- Merloni: This is where they buried the corpses of the poor Miners who discovered what is now named the Nether Gate.
- Merloni: Those that had not already died had to be executed due to the insanity brought on from the corruption.
- Merloni: Their spirits still haunt this grave and infect the minds of people who disturb them. It isn’t pretty.
- Merloni: However, I heard rumours of those who were able to bathe in their waters and be accepted by them, to show no fear of the dead is to be admired.
- Merloni: Maybe this shrine that I keep hearing about has something to do with it? It’s apparently hidden deep into this hole.
- Merloni: I have great respect for those who can conquer death and befriend the dead. If you succeed, I will give you something you might be interested in.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Explore the pit and find the hidden Shrine, then report back to Merloni.
- Merloni: Very impressive! Here's your reward. I found it a while ago while walking around Nemract. It probably fell off a skeleton!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In the pit you will find a bridge that is not crossable. You actually need to fall down there and will then be warped to a lower part of the cave.
- If you run through the whole pit, you won't be hit and it will make it easy to complete the quest.