A screenshot of the vast ocean of Wynncraft.
|Access Points||North half of Wynn, Southern ports of Gavel|
|Minimum Suggested Level||15|
The Ocean is a massive region of open sea larger than the Wynn mainland itself. It is located north of the Wynn Province or south of the Gavel Province and is set between them, making it a semi-trial for the player to cross in order to reap the rewards of Gavel. However, the player can easily travel across the Ocean, using the V.S.S. Seaskipper. The Ocean itself contains many secrets: sunken cities, ghost pirates, islands of magic, and many things yet to be discovered. For most islands, the recommended player level is Level 15, increasing in level the further they stray from the mainland (up to around Level 85 at Corkus), so good gear is always helpful, as are boats!
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Towns[edit | edit source]
- Nemract is a port town located on the shore of Wynn, and is one of the three main docks.
- The city in the middle of the ocean called Selchar is also a main dock, connecting to many other islands via the Seaskipper.
- Home to pirates is the Pirate Cove, a normal city, but isn't enough for being a major dock.
- Being the main islands of the Ice Islands, Nodguj and Dujgon are inhabited by Vikings.
- Found first by Santa, and then by Vikings is the Craftmas Island, has already been made into a town.
- The Mage Island is located to the east of the ocean, and is a town for the mages, as its name suggests.
- The last major dock is the Llevigar Port, the main gate to the city and Gavel itself.
- A chain of islands create the Zhight Island, having its own houses and even currency.
Islands[edit | edit source]
- A small island called Rooster Island is only used for Nohno and his chickens.
- Another minor island known as Tree Island is located in The Ocean, not far from Gavel.
- An old fortress in the Icy Islands is located between Dujgon and Craftmas Island.
- The Goblin Island, located between Jofash Docks and Dujgon, is an island with 3 houses and an amount of goblins, also with a secret village in one of the houses.
- Being excavated by WynnExcavation are the Volcanic Isles. It consists of 2 islands and 3 volcanoes.
- Corkus is a mechanical island, and even counts as a province on its own! It is inhabited by humans and Avos. The humans came to Corkus over 300 years ago, however, the Avos were the original inhabitants.
- Close to Corkus is the Legendary Island. It is the location of the Legendary Challenge, where the player can take on 10 mechanized versions of classic bosses for powerful rewards.
- The Bear Zoo is a small island located near to Rooster Island.
- Durum Isles is a group of four islands located south-east of Selchar connected by wooden bridges, with two stables built on the middle island. It houses the Bovine Barn boss altar.
- Skiens Island is a moderately large island located in the middle of the Ocean.
- Dead Island is an island in the north east part of the ocean.
- Half-Moon Island is an island at the Southeast corner of the ocean.
Quests[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the 1.10 Update the ocean was a lot smaller than it's now. There used to be only two islands, the Mage Island and the "Work in progress castle".
- The Ocean is likely the largest territory in Wynncraft finished so far, considerably bigger than Wynn itself and around the same size as Gavel.
- Boat Merchants were removed after the V.S.S. Seaskipper was added to the game in 1.14.1. Now Boats are sold by Seasail Merchants for 2 EB. This markup is because boats are now reusable; they would disappear once dismounted prior to this update.