Murder Mystery is a medium level 74 quest based in the Cinfras Suburbs.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Captain Lorias, a member of the local police force, is attempting to locate and capture the culprit who murdered Eminar.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Captain Lorias.
- Captain Lorias: Stand back, human! This is a crime scene, under my authority. I cannot let you inside.
- Captain Lorias: Although we are in need of some... assistance... and you are fairly experienced, are you not?
- Captain Lorias: Well, straight to the point... do you think I might be able to hire you as a private investigator?
- Captain Lorias: To put it bluntly, the owner of this house, Eminar, was murdered a few days ago, and what few leads we had have all gone cold.
- Captain Lorias: This is acting outside protocol, of course... but if you manage to catch the killer, I'm sure I could pull some strings and pay you for your work!
- Captain Lorias: I'll just grant you access to the crime scene. Head inside the house, and see if you can find anything helpful.
- Captain Lorias: My soldiers and I will keep watch outside the house, and make sure you're not disturbed. Be careful in there!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the crime scene for clues.
- Rohem: Ah, a human! A refreshing sight these days. You've come to see me, I presume? What brings you here?
- Rohem: An investigation!? Eminar? That's... that's absurd. I've done nothing wrong.
- Rohem: Still, the poor man. Eminar and I were good friends, you know. If it could help find his killer, I may have some information for you... strictly off-record, of course...
- Rohem: Well. You see, there's an underground gambling den hidden in the city's sewers. Only the elite can get in, and Eminar happened to be a frequent visitor.
- Rohem: Once, he even brought me along with him.
- Rohem: Eminar, though, he often tried to cheat the other gamblers. I suppose it was only a matter of time before they had enough; most do not take cheating lightly.
- Rohem: Back to the point, many of them, including poor Eminar, had a symbol built into the sides of their homes, shaped like a bat. A proof of membership, you could say.
- Rohem: If you can find it, it will show you the way to get into the sewers. I'm sorry, I would tell you more if I knew more. But good luck with your investigation, sir.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Return to the victim's house to find a bat symbol.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the gamblers in the Cinfras sewers.
- Valimare: How did ya find us down 'ere? I don't remember you... you're with the police, aren't ya? Here after Eminar, I suppose?
- Valimare: Yeah, we've 'eard about what happened to him. Murders don't happen every day up there, ya know. And as it happened, I saw Eminar down here, not too long ago...
- Valimare: Well... as long as I get a guarantee I won't be shut down, I'll help ya. This is a very profitable place, as I'm sure ya might've guessed.
- Valimare: He was brought down here by his friend one day. Rohem, it was. A fine customer, you understand. Never failed to pay his dues...
- Valimare: But the day he brought Eminar 'round, though, it got ugly fast. Kept borrowing Rohem's emeralds and losing, till neither of em had anythin' left.
- Valimare: It was a good day for me, for obvious reasons, don'cha see! But Rohem was furious. Dead drunk, too, but what else is new!
- Valimare: Neither of 'em has been back since, though in Eminar's case, I can see why! And I hope that's enough for ya, 'cause that's all I got.
- Valimare: Now get out of 'ere; there's a back exit in the wall over there. Though, if ya ever fancy a game of 'jack, come back'n we'll be happy to serve ya!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
- Rohem: Ah... you again! You're back. I see that. I must admit, I did not expect you to return... so soon...
- Rohem: You really did find your way down there? Oh, that's... excellent... I hope the investigation is going well. Now if you'll just leave me be-
- Rohem: Valimare? Bah! Why would you trust anything he says? He's a criminal! A scam artist! I mean, I did direct you to him, but...
- Rohem: He- He's the one you should be arresting. Eminar was a danger to society, got what he deserved, the fool-
- Rohem: Wait! No! Don't turn me in! Can't you let me finish my drink in peace? Get out, get out, you can't prove anything!
- Rohem: I'll be coming for you next, human. Mark my words, when I get out of prison... I mean- eugh...
- Rohem: Hey, hands off! I'll come along when I'm finished here. Along with my lawyer! What has society come to these days...
- Rohem: And don't you dare go searching through my things! Stay away from my room! Remember, 'officer', you still have no proof that I've done anything, besides the word of a criminal.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Captain Lorias: What's that, have you made any more progress? This killer needs to be caught as soon as possible-
- Captain Lorias: Oh, you've found him? Really? Well, this is- this is better than I could have hoped for! And you've even found the weapon? This has to be enough to secure the case.
- Captain Lorias: I'll be sending my men out right away to apprehend him. Thank you so much for your service to the people of Cinfras, traveller!
- Captain Lorias: And as proof of our gratitude, take some of my own emeralds. You may have saved a dozen more lives, you deserve such a reward!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Stage 3: The bat symbol can be found on the east side of the house. When pressing the button it will reveal the numbers 1 and 2, which means house Nr.12.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bat symbol could be a nod to the Shadow mark relating to the Thieves Guild From The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim