Memory Paranoia is a long level 67 quest that takes place in Caritat Mansion.
- 1 Preview
- 2 Stage 1
- 3 Stage 2
- 4 Stage 3
- 5 Stage 4
- 6 Stage 5
- 7 Stage 6
- 8 Stage 7
- 9 Stage 8
- 10 Stage 9
- 11 Stage 10
- 12 Stage 11
- 13 Stage 12
- 14 Stage 13
- 15 Stage 14
- 16 Stage 15
- 17 Stage 16
- 18 Stage 17
- 19 Stage 18
- 20 Stage 19
- 21 Stage 20
- 22 Stage 21
- 23 Stage 22
- 24 Stage 23
- 25 Stage 24
- 26 Stage 25
- 27 Stage 26
- 28 Tips
- 29 Trivia
Preview[edit | edit source]
In the ruins of the Erca Mansion, the remainder of the Caritat family that lived there has come down to one: Atisun. Standing in front of the mansion, he awaits the player who helps him to figure out his family's past.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Atisun.
- Atisun: Ah a Human, you must therefore not know the story of this mansion.
- Atisun: It was not always in such a dire state. It once stood tall, a monument to the family of Caritat, who built it.
- Atisun: The Caritats were unlike any other. Uncharacteristically selfless and helpful. Their wealth was everyone’s wealth as far as they were concerned.
- Atisun: But… Eventually... Things took a turn. We’re not entirely sure what happened, only rumours have surfaced over the years.
- Atisun: I guess the rumours of madness are true, because one day they were all discovered dead. Murdered. By each other.
- Atisun: In fact, no one was left to report the crime. It wasn't discovered until days later when a traveller passing by took notice of the mansion.
- Atisun: I am the last remaining descendant, Atisun Caritat. I was the only survivor of the... incident. I was only an infant when I was found.
- Atisun: I do not believe that my family simply went mad, I want to know the truth. I think this mansion still holds the answers I'm looking for.
- Atisun: I am.. scared of this place. It is the ruins of the life I should have had. The spirits of the dead are still there… cursed. I need someone else to uncover my heritage.
- Atisun: Don't you worry, like my ancestors, I'm a generous man. If you help me, I will reward you generously. All you have to do, is go in there and find answers. I'm sure the past won't haunt us both.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Enter Erca Mansion.
- To learn the story of the Caritat family, you must experience what happened here many years ago...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Learn the story of the Caritat Family.
Dialogue: Talking to various people around the room:
- Check: This check is made out to a charity for a lot of emeralds.
- Maid: It's so nice that the Caritats are donating all of these supplies to the struggling people in the forest.
- Mr. Caritat: He seems to be very engrossed in his writing.
Talking to the Maid next to Timmy Caritat:
- Maid: I've heard about weird things happening around the house. People are saying the mansion might be haunted!
- Servant: Ghosts? Preposterous! This mansion isn't haunted, don't believe those silly rumors!
- Timmy: G-g-ghosts?
Talking to the Servant next to Timmy Caritat:
- Servant: Mister Caritat is always writing in that book, always so intensely. I wonder what he is writing.
- Timmy: He won't even tell me what he's writing.
- Maid: I'll bet he's writing insults about us. He can't be as nice as he appears.
Talking to Timmy Caritat (Updates the Quest Book):
- Timmy: I accidentally dropped my Library Key down the drain, do you think my dad will be angry?
- Maid: No, Mister Caritat is very forgiving. I doubt he'd be upset, especially if it was an accident.
- Timmy: I still want to find the key though, do you know where I should look?
- Servant: Well, the drainage pipes have probably taken the key to the basement in the southeast corner of the mansion by now, that's most likely where it is.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Enter the basement and recover the Library Key.
Dialogue: (opening the Library Door)
- Using the Library key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Enter the library of Erca Mansion.
Butler's Journal: It appears that all of the pages have been torn out...
- Page 1: Today was my first day as the butler for the Caritat family. They gave me quite a warm welcome, I think I'm going to like it here.
- Page 2: The Caritats are as nice as people say. They're some of the kindest people I've ever met, let alone worked for.
- Page 3: That Timmy boy has been acting rather unusual lately.
- Page 4: I've been hearing strange noises at night. Something unusual is going on here...
- Page 5: I don't even know how this happened, but Timmy performed dark magic. He shot a fireball and destroyed the north wall of the library. (Updates the Quest Book)
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Enter the hole in the wall.
- You begin to experience visions of how this charred hole came to be...
- Mister Caritat: Timmy, is something bothering you? You have been acting so weird lately.
- Timmy: You cannot command me, mortal! You and all of your inferior species will bow to the darkness!
- Mister Caritat: I don’t know what game you are playing, Timmy. But I will not stand for it any longer, snap out of it!
- Timmy: You shall pay for your insolence, mortal!
- Mister Caritat: Dark magic? What foul books have you been reading? And what's that in your hand?
- Mister Caritat: Casting spells with a black spoon? I’m going to get rid of this foul thing!
- Timmy: That is an item beyond you, mortal. Give it back to me this instant!
- What's this spoon doing in the fireplace? Maybe you should bring it back to the Kitchen to find out where it came from.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Return the spoon to the Kitchen.
- Looks like there's a dinner party, and several residents of Gelibord have been invited! It appears Mr. Caritat is about to make an announcement.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Listen to Mr. Caritat’s announcement.
- Mister Caritat: Attention, attention everyone! I have an announcement I'd like to make!
- Mister Caritat: My son, Timothy, has just turned eighteen today.
- Mister Caritat: Now, there have been a few slight hiccups over the years, but we've made it through mostly in one piece.
- Mister Caritat: And I'd like to say, I'm very proud of him. To Timothy, a new man!
- Timothy: Great speech, dad. By the way, I was told something is happening in the kitchen.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Kitchen.
- Baker: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- Chef: It's happening again. Everyone, get out of here! This thing's too powerful to defeat! Just run! GET OUT!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Exit the Kitchen.
- It appears everyone has fled. Perhaps you should see what the remaining people are talking about…
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Speak to people who haven't fled from the disaster.
- Mr. Caritat: What is wrong with this place.... No matter how hard I try..
- Timothy: How was any of that even possible?
- Mr. Caritat: Timothy, I'm going to ask you something. And I need you to answer me honestly. Were you responsible for this?
- Timothy: No, of course not!
- Servant: Sir, we did find something rather unusual in the kitchen that might interest you.
- Mr. Caritat: What did you find? Out with it!
- Servant: We found this spoon. The unusual thing is that we don't have any spoons like this one in the mansion.
- Timothy: I recognize that. Dad, do you remember several years ago? I used that very same spoon. I got from your study and-
- Mr. Caritat: My study?! I told you never to go into my study!
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Unlock the Study.
- Using the Study Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Mr. Caritat's Journal
- Page 1: DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH.
- Page 2: There is a dark power beyond our control within this mansion. There is no use trying to fight it.
- Page 3: I felt like all of the skulls were watching me. I had to turn them all towards the fireplace.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
»Enter the Study
- There doesn't seem to be anything of interest in this room, although Mr. Caritat does have some weird hobbies...
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Leave the Study.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Speak with the Possessed Mr. Caritat.
- Mr. Caritat: HE WHO STARTED THE WAR SHALL RISE ONCE MORE. FROM THE REALM OF SHADOWS, DECEIPT AND PAIN.
- Mr. Caritat: FOREVER TRAPPED, FROM WHENCE HE CAME. THROUGH THE WEAK POINT BETWEEN REALMS HE. WILL. RISE. AGAIN!
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Leave the Study.
- Dear Anton, the chandelier fell in the main hall. Please fix it as soon as possible.
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Bring the key to Timmy's bedroom.
- Looks like this key belonged to Timmy. How long has this been here? You should probably bring it back to his bedroom.
- Using Timmy's Bedroom Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 18[edit | edit source]
» Enter Timmy’s bedroom.
- Was that Timothy as a child? Must have been at an earlier time. Seems there's a hole where he scratched the wall, there might be something inside...
Stage 19[edit | edit source]
» Search Timmy’s bedroom.
- How did the Master Bedroom key even get in here? No matter, you ought to get this over to the Master Bedroom.
Stage 20[edit | edit source]
» Bring the key to the Master Bedroom.
- Using the Master Bedroom Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 21[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Master Bedroom.
- Mrs. Caritat: Harold, please...
- Mrs. Caritat: Stop this madness...
- Mrs. Caritat: Harold . . .?
- Mr. Caritat: FROM THE SOILS OF DOOM THE SERVANT LAID
- Mr. Caritat: BREAK THROUGH THE REALMS TO THE LAND OF TRADE.
- Mr. Caritat: CORRUPT THE WORLD WITH SEEDS OF PAIN
- Mr. Caritat: SO THAT HE...
- Mr. Caritat: ...MAY RISE AGAIN!
- The entire mansion is on fire! The only exit is through the large door at the back!
Stage 22[edit | edit source]
» Escape the flaming mansion through the back door.
Stage 23[edit | edit source]
» Navigate the Caritat’s basement.
- Is that Mister Caritat? You're going to have to take him down before you leave!
Stage 24[edit | edit source]
» Defeat the remains of Mister Caritat.
Stage 25[edit | edit source]
» Escape through the mysterious rift.
- With the entire Caritat family dead, and the flames engulfing the structure, the mansion slowly fell into decay...
- However, from the wreckage and ash, one survivor remained...
- Atisun: Hey! Wake up! Why have you just been standing around there? Snap out of it!
Stage 26[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Atisun.
- Atisun: Hello? Hello! Earth to Human?! You've been standing in the hallway for hours.
- Atisun: I know something was happening because you were talking in many strange voices. It's like a play was being held just for me!
- Atisun: I ... Heard my fathers voice. The butler.. Everyone. I know what happened here.
- Atisun: My father, wanting to prove to everyone that the forest was still good, built his mansion atop the very spot he was acclaimed to be the cause of the decay.
- Atisun: What emerged from that spot? Who knows... It must be over a thousand years old.
- Atisun: Woah. What's that in your hand? That was not there before.. A letter from my father...
- Atisun: This must be the answers I am looking for. I'm sorry you went through that ordeal.
- Atisun: I don't know how you got this, but it's exactly what I needed. I will make sure no one enters this house again. It is cursed. Thank you for helping me.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Get a 2nd spoon before stage 7 for ???.
- The Library is on the north side of the first floor
- The Kitchen is on the south side of the first floor
- The Study Room is on the north side of the second floor
- Timmy’s Bedroom is on the south side of the second floor
- The Master Bedroom is on the west side of the second floor
- The Back Door is on the east side of the second floor
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The whole era in the mansion is a memory.
- This quest was originally very different, the first version involved fighting your shadow which was created by a mirror.