We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Memory Paranoia is a long level 67 quest that takes place in Caritat Mansion.
- 1 Preview
- 2 Stage 1
- 3 Stage 2
- 4 Stage 3
- 5 Stage 4
- 6 Stage 5
- 7 Stage 6
- 8 Stage 7
- 9 Stage 8
- 10 Stage 9
- 11 Stage 10
- 12 Stage 11
- 13 Stage 12
- 14 Stage 13
- 15 Stage 14
- 16 Stage 15
- 17 Stage 16
- 18 Stage 17
- 19 Stage 18
- 20 Stage 19
- 21 Stage 20
- 22 Stage 21
- 23 Stage 22
- 24 Stage 23
- 25 Stage 24
- 26 Stage 25
- 27 Stage 26
- 28 Tips
- 29 Trivia
Preview[edit | edit source]
In the ruins of the Erca Mansion, the remainder of the Caritat family that lived there has come down to one: Atisun. Standing in front of the mansion, he awaits the player who helps him to figure out his family's past.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Atisun.
- Atisun: Oh, a human? If I could beg your pardon a moment...could I talk to you about the mansion here?
- Atisun: It was not always so dilapidated. It once stood tall, a monument to the family of Caritat, who constructed it from the ground up.
- Atisun: The Caritats were unlike any other. Uncharacteristically selfless and helpful. Their wealth was everyone’s wealth as far as they were concerned.
- Atisun: But... Eventually... Erm, we’re not entirely sure what happened, only rumours have surfaced over the years, but...things took a turn, shall we say.
- Atisun: Because, aah...how shall I put this... One day they were all...discovered dead. Murdered. By each other.
- Atisun: I am the last remaining descendant, Atisun Caritat. I was the only survivor of the... incident. I was only an infant when I was found. by a passerby.
- Atisun: Since, erm...since there was no one alive to report the incident, it wasn't discovered until days later when a traveller passing by took notice of the mansion.
- Atisun: I do not believe that my family simply went mad, but I do not know what happened. I want to know the truth. I think this mansion still holds the answers I'm looking for.
- Atisun: Yet, I am...scared of this place. It is the ruins of the life I should have had. The spirits of the dead are still there...cursed. I need someone else to uncover my heritage.
- Atisun: Don't you worry, like my ancestors, I'm a generous man. If you help me, I will reward you handsomely. All you have to do, is go in there and find answers. I'm sure the past won't haunt us both.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Enter Erca Mansion.
- To learn the story of the Caritat family, you must experience what happened here many years ago...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Learn the story of the Caritat Family.
Dialogue: Talking to various people around the room:
- Check: This check is made out to a charity for a lot of emeralds.
- Maid: It's so nice that the Caritats are donating all of these supplies to the struggling people in the forest.
- Mr. Caritat: He seems to be very engrossed in his writing.
Talking to the Maid next to Timmy Caritat:
- Maid: I've heard about weird things happening around the house. People are saying the mansion might be haunted!
- Servant: Ghosts? Preposterous! This mansion isn't haunted, don't believe those silly rumors!
- Timmy: G-g-ghosts?
Talking to the Servant next to Timmy Caritat:
- Servant: Mister Caritat is always writing in that book, always so intensely. I wonder what he is writing.
- Timmy: He won't even tell me what he's writing.
- Maid: I'll bet he's writing insults about us. He can't be as nice as he appears.
Talking to Timmy Caritat (Updates the Quest Book):
- Timmy: I accidentally dropped my Library Key down the drain, do you think my dad will be angry?
- Maid: No, Mister Caritat is very forgiving. I doubt he'd be upset, especially if it was an accident.
- Timmy: I still want to find the key though, do you know where I should look?
- Servant: Well, the drainage pipes have probably taken the key to the basement in the southeast corner of the mansion by now, that's most likely where it is.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Enter the basement and recover the Library Key.
Dialogue: (opening the Library Door)
- Using the Library key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Enter the library of Erca Mansion.
Butler's Journal: It appears that all of the pages have been torn out...
- Page 1: Today was my first day as the butler for the Caritat family. They gave me quite a warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here.
- Page 2: The Caritats are as nice as people say. They're some of the kindest people I've ever met, let alone work for.
- Page 3: That Timmy boy has been acting rather unusual lately... Uncharacteristically hostile. I wonder what's come over him.
- Page 4: I've been hearing strange noises at night. Scratching, and sometimes yelling...I do hope nothing bad is going on.
- Page 5: I don't even know how this happened, but Timmy performed dark magic. He shot a fireball! The north wall of the library was wrecked! (Updates the Quest Book)
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Enter the hole in the wall.
- You begin to experience visions of how this charred hole came to be...
- Mister Caritat: Timmy, is something bothering you? You have been acting so weird lately.
- Timmy: You cannot command me, mortal! You and all of your inferior species will bow to the darkness!
- Mister Caritat: I don’t know what game you are playing, Timmy. But I will not stand for it any longer, snap out of it!
- Timmy: You shall pay for your insolence, mortal!
- Mister Caritat: Dark magic? What foul books have you been reading? And what's that in your hand?
- Mister Caritat: Casting spells with a black spoon? I’m going to get rid of this foul thing!
- Timmy: That is an item beyond you, mortal. Give it back to me this instant!
- What's this spoon doing in the fireplace? Maybe you should bring it back to the Kitchen to find out where it came from.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Return the spoon to the Kitchen.
- Looks like there's a dinner party, and several residents of Gelibord have been invited! It appears Mr. Caritat is about to make an announcement.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Listen to Mr. Caritat’s announcement.
- Mister Caritat: Attention, attention everyone! I have an announcement I'd like to make!
- Mister Caritat: My son, Timothy, has just turned eighteen today.
- Mister Caritat: Now, there have been a few slight hiccups over the years, but we've made it through mostly in one piece.
- Mister Caritat: And I'd like to say, I'm very proud of him. To Timothy, a new man!
- Timothy: Thank you very much, Dad, and everyone here. Here's to more years of health...wait, hm?
- Mister Caritat: Something wrong, my boy?
- Timothy: I thought I heard something coming from the kitchen, is all. It was probably nothing, though.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Kitchen.
- Baker: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- Chef: It's happening again! Everyone, get out of here, this demon is unkillable! Just run! GET OUT!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Exit the Kitchen.
- It appears everyone has fled. Perhaps you should see what the remaining people are talking about…
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Speak to people who haven't fled from the disaster.
- Mr. Caritat: My god...what is wrong with this place? No matter what I do, what I try...
- Timothy: How was any of that even possible? What are we going to tell their families?
- Mr. Caritat: ...Timothy, I'm going to ask you something, and I need you to answer me honestly. Were you...were you responsible for this?
- Timothy: No, of course not! I overcame that years ago, you know that, I can't believe you still suspect me of-
- Servant: Ah, sir, we did find something rather unusual in the kitchen that might interest you? Maybe?
- Mr. Caritat: What- Out with it! What did you find?! Please, please tell me I'm wrong!!
- Servant: We found this charred-looking black spoon. I've worked here for years, and I've never seen any spoons of this style in the mansion.
- Timothy: Wait, that spoon? I remember sneaking into your study that one time to get it, but how did it survive the fire?
- Mr. Caritat: Wait, you got it from my STUDY?! You...you idiot! Do you have any idea what you stupidly, yet inadvertently have done?! You must NEVER go in my study!!
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Unlock the Study.
The study key spawns on the table where Mr. Caritat and Timothy are. To get to the study, go up the stairs in the main hall and keep left, and it will be the first door on the right.
- Using the Study Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Mr. Caritat's Journal
- Page 1: DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH.
- Page 2: There is a dark power beyond our control within this mansion. There is no use trying to fight it.
- Page 3: I felt like all of the skulls were watching me. I had to turn them all towards the fireplace.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Study
- There doesn't seem to be anything of interest in this room, although Mr. Caritat does have some weird hobbies...
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Leave the Study.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Speak with the Possessed Mr. Caritat.
- Mr. Caritat: HE WHO STARTED THE WAR SHALL RISE ONCE MORE. FROM THE REALM OF SHADOWS, DECEIT AND PAIN.
- Mr. Caritat: FOREVER TRAPPED, FROM WHENCE HE CAME. THROUGH THE WEAK POINT BETWEEN REALMS HE. WILL. RISE. AGAIN!
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Leave the Study.
- Dear Anton, the chandelier fell in the main hall. Please fix it as soon as possible.
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Bring the key to Timmy's bedroom.
- Looks like this key belonged to Timmy. How long has this been here? You should probably bring it back to his bedroom.
- Using Timmy's Bedroom Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 18[edit | edit source]
» Enter Timmy’s bedroom.
- Was that Timothy as a child? Must have been at an earlier time. Seems there's a hole where he scratched the wall, there might be something inside...
Stage 19[edit | edit source]
» Search Timmy’s bedroom.
- How did the Master Bedroom key even get in here? No matter, you ought to get this over to the Master Bedroom.
Stage 20[edit | edit source]
» Bring the key to the Master Bedroom.
- Using the Master Bedroom Key, you open the lock. You may now use this door.
Stage 21[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Master Bedroom.
- Mrs. Caritat: Harold, please...
- Mrs. Caritat: Stop this madness...
- Mrs. Caritat: Harold...?
- Mr. Caritat: FROM THE SOILS OF DOOM THE SERVANT LAID
- Mr. Caritat: BREAK THROUGH THE REALMS TO THE LAND OF TRADE.
- Mr. Caritat: CORRUPT THE WORLD WITH SEEDS OF PAIN
- Mr. Caritat: SO THAT HE...
- Mr. Caritat: ...MAY RISE AGAIN!
- The entire mansion is on fire! The only exit is through the large door at the back!
Stage 22[edit | edit source]
» Escape the flaming mansion through the back door.
Stage 23[edit | edit source]
» Navigate the Caritat’s basement.
- Is that Mister Caritat? You're going to have to take him down before you leave!
Stage 24[edit | edit source]
» Defeat the remains of Mister Caritat.
Stage 25[edit | edit source]
» Escape through the mysterious rift.
- With the entire Caritat family dead, and the flames engulfing the structure, the mansion slowly fell into decay...
- However, from the wreckage and ash, one survivor remained...
- Atisun: Hey! Human! Are you alright?! Please, calm down, quit flailing around, you're safe!
Stage 26[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Atisun.
- Atisun: Oh thank goodness, you're back to us. I was so §aworried...er§a, you might not recall. Let me explain...
- Atisun: It...it seemed like you were possessed. You stood in the hall for...I don't know how long. I couldn't snap you out of it, no matter what I tried.
- Atisun: Voices that weren't yours, you spoke out their moments and thoughts. The maids, my father...everyone. I...you said what I needed to hear.
- Atisun: My father, wanting to prove to everyone that the forest was still good, built his mansion atop the very spot that was acclaimed to be the cause of the decay.
- Atisun: What emerged from that spot? Who knows...but, whatever it was...the darkness must have lingered, and drove them all to madness. I must consider myself lucky that I did not fall.
- Atisun: H-Hold on, where did that letter come from?! You never moved from the hall, but...I see the Caritat signature. Harold must have wrote that.
- Atisun: This must hold the answers I am looking for. I'm sorry you went through that ordeal... I would suggest seeing a healer as soon as possible.
- Atisun: I don't know how you got this, but it's exactly what I needed. I will make sure no one enters this house again. It is cursed. Thank you for helping me.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Get a 2nd spoon before stage 7 for the ??? Quest.
- The Library is on the north side of the first floor
- The Kitchen is on the south side of the first floor
- The Study Room is on the north side of the second floor
- Timmy’s Bedroom is on the south side of the second floor
- The Master Bedroom is on the west side of the second floor
- The Back Door is on the east side of the second floor
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The whole era in the mansion is a memory.
- This quest was originally very different, the first version involved fighting the player's shadow which was created by a mirror.