|Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by.|
Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by
Mastery Tomes are raid reward items that give basic buffs to the player, such as XP bonus, damage modifiers, and defense, with the exception of Guild Tomes. There are 2 levels of tomes available as well as Legendary, Fabled, or Mythic tiers. Most armour and weapon tomes contain prefixes that determine its stat identifications, however, the base buff is the same across all tomes of that type. Tomes are Soulbound, meaning they cannot be used on any class except the original owner of the Tome.
- 1 Unlocking
- 2 Obtaining
- 3 Mastery Tomes
- 4 Guild Tomes
- 5 Usage
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
To use the Tome Menu, you first must complete the first part of the Realm of Light questline, Realm of Light I - The Worm Holes. This will unlock a menu for the Tomes. There are currently 12 usable slots in the menu. Each slot is unlocked through various achievements, as well as having a Combat requirement.
The Armor Mastery Tome Slots are in the center of the Tome Menu, the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots are in the upper-left of the Tome Menu, the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots are in the upper-right of the Tome Menu, the Gathering Mastery Tome Slots are in the bottom-left of the Tome Menu, the Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots are in the bottom-right of the Tome Menu, and the Guild Tome Slot is in the top-center of the Menu.
Armor Mastery Tome Slot Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Combat Lv 60 Minimum, 25 Secret Discoveries Found
- Combat Lv 70 Minimum, 50 Quests Completed
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, 10,000 Mobs Killed
- Combat Lv 90 Minimum, 12 Unique Dungeon Completions
Weapon Mastery Tome Slot Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Combat Lv 50 Minimum, Completed Nest of the Grootslangs
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, Total Level 300 Minimum
Slaying Mastery Tome Slot Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Combat Lv 60 Minimum, 200 Chests Looted
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, 300 Discoveries Found
Gathering Mastery Tome Slot Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Combat Lv 100 Minimum, Participated in 10 Guild Wars
- Combat Lv 80 Minimum, Visited 8 Houses
Dungeon Mastery Tome Slot Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Combat Lv 70 Minimum, Completed Temple of the Legends
- Combat Lv 90 Minimum, Spent 32,000 Emeralds on the Trade Market
Guild Tome Slot Requirement[edit | edit source]
- Complete 15 Raids
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Mastery Tomes are Tomes obtained from Raids. They are raid specific rewards obtained from the raid reward chest at the end of each raid, though not all types are obtainable from each raid. The Canyon Colossus raid gives level 2 slaying, gathering, and armor mastery tomes, while the Nest of the Grootslangs raid gives level 1 tomes of varying kind (armour, weapon, slaying, gathering, dungeoneering). Orphion's Nexus of Light raid give level 2 weapon, armor, dungeoneering tomes. as well as level 1 gathering tomes.
Guild Tomes are different in that they are acquired from holding territories with the Tome Seeking upgrade active.
Mastery Tomes[edit | edit source]
They give a boost in a primary stat, such as +x% more XP from Slaying Mobs, and some of them can also have other modifications that can be reflected onto the name. For example, a Sorcerer's Tome of Armor Mastery II will have +4% Mob Damage Resistance as well as some Spell Damage as a secondary Identification.
There are 5 different types of Mastery Tomes, Armor, Weapon, Slaying, Gathering, and Dungeoneering.
Armor Tomes give resistance to damage from Mobs.
Weapon Mastery Tomes give a damage boost against Mobs.
Slaying Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from killing Mobs.
Dungeoneering Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from Dungeons.
Gathering Mastery Tomes give a boost in XP from Professions.
If a Mastery Tome is Fabled or above, then it will have a modifier prefix, indicating that it will get Identification buffs similar to what a build for that would look like. However, if it is a Legendary Tome, then it will not have a modifier prefix, and just give a generic boost to an identification similar to the primary stat of the Tome. (Ex: +x Health for a Legendary Armor Mastery Tome).
Below is a table of prefixes and what they do for some of the Mastery Tomes. (Help in finishing table would be appreciated)
|Type of Tome||Earth||Thunder||Water||Fire||Air||Rainbow||Identification|
|Mythic Weapon||Cyclonic||Astral||Respective Elemental Damage|
|Mythic Armour||Blooming||Courageous||Radiant||Respective Elemental Defense|
|Fabled Weapon||Earthbound||Nimble||Mystical||Warding||Athletic||Cosmic||+3 skill points, or +1 in all for rainbow|
Fabled Armour Tomes are different in that they are not aligned to any elements. Here is the list of Prefixes for Fabled Armour Tomes. (Help fill in missing prefixes)
|Destructive||Raw Health, Main Attack Damage, Exploding|
|Everlasting||Raw Health Regen|
Guild Tomes[edit | edit source]
Also called Tomes of Allegiance, Guild Tomes are received from the Tome Seeking upgrade for some towers. They are Untradable instead of Soulbound, unlike Mastery Tomes, and can be sent to members of the Guild that has them. Guild Tomes give a minor skill point boost to 2 Skills. Each Mastery Tome has a name for different skill point combinations. Below is a table for the names of the Guild Tomes.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Mastery Tomes, once identified, can be equipped in the player's compass menu. Clicking on it will open a menu where one may place their tomes. There are 4 armour tome slots, 2 weapon tome slots, 2 gathering tome slots, 2 dungeoneering tome slots, 2 slaying tome slots, and one guild tome slot.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tome Menu has some references and symbolisms hidden in it.
- You can see a depiction of The Eye in the background.
- There are some runes hidden in the menu.
- A Tol Rune is in between the Weapon and Gathering Mastery Tome Slots.
- A Nii Rune is on one of The Eye's 'eyelashes'.
- An Ek Rune is in between the Slaying and Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots.
- An Uth Rune is in between an unknown Rune and the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots.
- An Az Rune is in between an unknown Rune and the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots.
- There are some Wynnic characters on the Menu.
- To the left of the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Mob Killer'.
- Above the Guild Tome Slot is reads 'Gifts of Many'.
- To the right of the Slaying Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'XP from Mobs'.
- To the right of the Dungeoneering Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Dungeon XP'.
- Underneath the unused Tome Slot, it reads 'Gather XP'.
- This could hint towards the Tome Slot at the bottom being another Gathering Tome Slot.
- To the left of the Gathering Mastery Tome Slots, it reads 'Guild Breaker'.
- In between the Weapon Mastery Tome Slots and the Armor Mastery Tome Slots it reads 'Protection'.
- To the right of the depiction of The Eye, it reads 'From Evils'.
- When combining both of the 2 above descriptions together, it reads 'Protection from Evils'.