Lost in the Jungle
|Lost in the Jungle|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Gracen in the Iboju Village.
- Gracen: Excuse me, traveller... I am dreadfully sorry to ask this of you, but I need your help.
- Gracen: You see, my son, Aryn... very recently, he underwent a traditional coming-of-age ceremony from our tribe.
- Gracen: He was tasked to enter the dangerous Dernel Jungle, just south of here, and brave the wilderness for three days. He returned a true man, successful.
- Gracen: However, he also brought with him an odd purple gemstone. Our shaman saw it as a bad omen, but I was so caught up in the celebrations, I brushed it off.
- Gracen: Strange happenings began around the village. Aryn walked about at night, talking to someone... but no one else was there with him.
- Gracen: Just last sunrise, he vanished entirely. We sent out a search for him, but even our hardiest warriors could not venture deep into the jungle.
- Gracen: We returned empty-handed, having lost our newest tribesman. The village is in terrible spirits, and I feel as though I am responsible.
- Gracen: You Wynn warriors, however... great stories are told of your exploits. Surely, you will be able to brave the jungle, yes?
- Gracen: I beg of you, please, find my son. I do not know quite where he is, but undoubtedly he has been taken quite a ways in...
- Gracen: Hm... I just now am seeing a strange trail on the ground... it matches the color of the gemstone! It may take you to him, please, follow it!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Follow the trail until you stand in front of a temple. Kill the entity on top of the temple and then go inside.
- Aryn: P-please, I beg of you spirit, let me go free! The tribesmen must be so worried-
- Aryn?: DO NOT RESIST, BOY! YOUR BODY IS MINE. I WAS TRAPPED IN THAT STONE FOR MILLENIA, AND NOW I AM FREE.
- Aryn: Aha, I hear someone coming! Surely a tribesman here to rescue me!
- Aryn?: Oh! If so, the body of this warrior will be far better suited to my needs! Grant me your power, boy! I need to thrash them first to possess them!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Obtain the Mysterious Gemstone by beating Possessed Aryn.
- You realize you should probably make sure Aryn is all right before continuing...
- Aryn: Hahah, take that, evil wraith! You'll never match the power of our tribe-
- Aryn: W-wait, you aren't part of our tribe! Who are you, why did you come here?
- Aryn: Oh my father sent you? Well... I am impressed, Wynn warrior. You fight with ferocity of our own!
- Aryn: I... can't say the same for myself. That spirit completely overtook me, I still can't move right now...
- Aryn: For now, please. Take away this gemstone. It caused all this, I don't want to be near such a bad luck charm.
- Aryn: Tell the tribe that I will return on my own. I made it back once, I can do it again once I am prepared.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Bring back the Mysterious Gemstone to Gracen.
- Gracen: Oh my... Aryn was possessed by a spirit residing within the gemstone?
- Gracen: How shameful... our shaman has never been wrong before, why did I disregard his warning...
- Gracen: But that is beside the point. You say you have destroyed the spirit and it does not feel tainted any longer, so I will trust you.
- Gracen: Looking at it now, this is actually quite a valuable stone. If crushed to dust, it can be used in potent herbal remedies, or for special charms we make.
- Gracen: Here, allow me to grind this down for you. You can keep the dust and shards for whatever purposes you may need it for in the future.
- Gracen: Whether you use it for yourself, or have charity and use it to help others, I am sure you deserve such a reward far more than I do.
- Gracen: Our tribe... and especially myself... we thank you for your service. We shall consider you one of our own, from this day forward.
- Gracen: In fact, if you'd like, you may even enter my house here whenever you'd like.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the quest you get access to Gracen's house which inside there is Mysterious Carved Stone with Coordinates to a grind spot not so far from where you save his son
- That grind spot can be only accessible after you "place" the stone in his place which will open secrete door that you will have access to there, Permanently to that class
- This Feature was added in 1.18 the economy update