|Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by.|
Note: This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by
|Required Item||Abysso Galoshes|
Lost Soles is a long level 66 quest in the Dernel Jungle.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The player stumbles upon a mansion where the residents ask the player to figure out why the manor is in a magical decay.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Ferndor.
- Ferndor: Have you seen boots called Abysso Galoshes on your journey, a pirate stole them from us years ago! I could reward you if you could bring me the Abysso Galoshes and help us!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Ferndor: I see you have the infamous galoshes with you. But do you know even half of the story of them?
- Ferndor: The boots were once owned by my ancestors, who decided to lock it away in this manor years ago.
- Ferndor: Nobody knows why they decided to hide the boots just after they got into my family's hands. I was told they were acquired from a strange man with pale grey skin.
- Ferndor: We think they hid the boots in some kind of basement in the manor. You can get to it by following the river to the waterfall, but you will need some kind of code to open it...
- Ferndor: I remember Grandon saying that he found a book which is apparently a diary from one of my ancestors. Ever since that filthy pirate raided our home and stole our treasures, weird things have been happening.
- Ferndor: Grandon should already have finished reading it. If I allow you to enter my home, would you talk to him?
- Ferndor: There are strange things going on in this mansion and I hope that book reveals everything we need to know...
- Ferndor: I almost forgot to give you your boots back, I am not sure if I want to have them near me. Remember, it is imperative you find the 4 digit code to the basement.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Visit the mansion dining room and ask Grandon about the book.
- Grandon: Ferndor sent you here, correct? That must mean you're here to help find the hidden 4 digit code in the manor.
- Grandon: The book is actually a diary written by our ancestors decades ago. It is actually very interesting how they remodeled almost the whole house.
- Grandon: Ferndor probably told you about the boots, right? The diary has some information about them...ah, here, on this page.
- Grandon: Here...our family bought them from "a dark and mysterious humanoid creature" a long time ago.
- Grandon: The boots were apparently so valuable that the creature as part of the deal, said they to put some kind of spell on them, but that was a lie.
- Grandon: It was found that the boots themselves were horrendously powerful, imbued with dark magic that will deteriorate and decay everything around it over time.
- Grandon: They were given a special boot container with similar effects, but when the Galoshes are within the Container, they cancel each other's effects out.
- Grandon: They hid the boots in the mansion, along with the case. The writer of this diary wrote down some hints as to how to get them, maybe you can find out what they mean. Here, try this one:
- Grandon: "The face above the hall owns the nose that needs to be heavier to open the way"
- Grandon: Hmm, all the hints appear in a chapter about this room, the dining hall. Any idea what this meant? It feels like it should be obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure this out.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» The face above the hall owns the nose that needs to be heavier to open the way.
- You should tell Grandon about your discoveries
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Grandon and tell him about your findings.
- Grandon: A room hidden underneath the big head? Why didn't I think of that!? I always wondered how self-centered they had to be to put that in, but who knew it actually had a valid purpose!
- Grandon: So, there was a sign telling you to look for stone in the corner? Hm...intriguing!
- Grandon: Whoever placed down that sign might have a secret way up to the second floor. It hasn't been accessible for a fairly long while, not since the stairs collapsed. Except for Leacen, but she's a bit crazy...
- Grandon: Anyway, seems they guessed that we would have to search for a way to return the botts and made preparations. Good thing, that.
- Grandon: As I said, the stairs are all broken. I mean, I certainly couldn't climb up those rotten scraps of wood. Suppose it might be best to look for that stone, hm?
- Grandon: But where could it be...oh? Is this a hint? I just noticed this on the next page.
- Grandon: "The carpet of different colour will show you the stone to reveal the tables secret".
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» The carpet of different colour will show you the stone to reveal the tables secret.
- You should tell Grandon about your discoveries.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Grandon and tell him about your findings.
- Grandon: Sheesh! Quite the engineers, these old fellows! Never would've imagined any of this in the house. Anyway, was there a message? What did it say?
- Grandon: The hole nobody wanted? He can only mean the little rat hole in the back part of this hall. Though, it's more just a hole anymore, all the rats are gone.
- Grandon: Well, details, details. We never checked it any more than just laying mouse traps, so I suppose there could be something in there given how complex these contraptions have been.
- Grandon: I would say, you look into the hole and then search on top of the blue flags!
- Grandon: But if that's the way up to the second floor, what does the diary mean by this?
- Grandon: "Throw something behind the map on the wall to uncover a piece of the code"? Wait, that probably means the code to the basement! Come back to me at once when you've done that, I have more to tell you!
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Throw something behind the map on the wall to uncover a piece of the code
- Grandon: You found a piece of the code!? Hahah, excellent! I must say, you've made more progress in a few minutes than I have in a few years! You humans really are something!
- Grandon: Now, the diary now says you must make your way to the second floor to find the other 3 digits of the code.
- Grandon: Remember, to get up to the second floor you need to use the button in the rat hole to open the passage above the blue flags hanging from the ceiling.
- Grandon: It doesn't say where they are, just that they're well hidden and that there are additional clues around the house. The other 3 digits should all be up there on the second floor! Maybe Leacen has seen something about them while she's been up there, as well.
- Grandon: Once you've found the whole code, head to the basement. Just follow the path and signs outside the manor once you have it.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Open the secret passage above the flags by reaching into the unwanted hole.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
- Ferndor: You found the container? I wish I would have gone with you...
- Ferndor: At least we can stop the manor's slow decay! Let me just put the boots into the container...
- Ferndor: That was easy. I still can not believe that such a small thing can cause so much trouble.
- Ferndor: Well, I can not just let you stand there without a reward, right?
- Ferndor: Here, how about some emeralds, and these boots? They're heirlooms given to my family by the Sodeta Guild who once owned this mansion. I promise they aren't evil! Feel free to visit us at any time!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bring the Abysso Galoshes with you, and you will not have to make a trip to Troms Bank for them!
- You do not need to identify the Abysso Galoshes before giving them to Ferndor.
- The entrance to the basement is not inside the house, but rather, is found next to the house at [-922,31,-785]
- The entrance to the Dernel Jungle is found at [-600, -600]. This is where the Delnar Mansion is tucked away.