Lost Royalty is a medium level 65 quest in Troms.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The King's son has gone missing in which the player is sent to retrieve him back from some mercenaries.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Yavlis: Oh, hello there! I didn't want to bother you, adventurer, but this is urgent.
- Yavlis: You see, the king is very...erm, distracted, and you are just the kind of willing, able-bodied person I need.
- Yavlis: You see, the king's son has gone missing, and with him worrying so much, the problems of the kingdom have festered unsolved.
- Yavlis: We believe he was kidnapped by the splinter cell mercenaries in the jungle... Unfortunate, too. They used to be quite honourable.
- Yavlis: Well, anyway, they're usually spotted outside the run-down farm outside of town. Go there and see what they want in return of the young prince.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Mercenary Leader: Excuse me?! What are you doing here, how did you find our secret hideout?
- Mercenary Leader: Oh, you're here for the boy? A mighty fine steal, that one! The boy won't be leaving this establishment for free. I'll need some nice loot for him.
- Mercenary Leader: Ah, but what to have you fetch... oh, haha! This would be a perfect opportunity to obtain that... Alright, ears open!
- Mercenary Leader: There's a certain talisman that we aren't able to get to in the temple not far from here. It has special abilities that allow my men to be strengthened, see.
- Mercenary Leader: The guardians there pack quite the punch, and there's some nasty mechanism in the way that we just can't crack.
- Mercenary Leader: The temple is found just across the waterway, in a crevice in the mountain. It used to be blocked until those WynnExcavation fellows tried digging there.
- Mercenary Leader: You get that talisman in my hands and the King's boy is yours. Now off you pip! I'm a very busy man.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
- Mercenary Leader: You've gotten the talisman! I can't believe you actually got through that puzzle!
- Mercenary Leader: At this point I would usually keep the kid and throw you out of here, but since you've done what I've asked in a timely fashion, he's all yours.
- Mercenary Leader: When you get back to whoever asked you to do this, tell him to leave my men and I alone! We guildsmen lay down our lives every day, we don't need any more hostile onlookers!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the king's son in the jail cell.
- King's Son: Uh... Hi? Err, why did you free me? I'm trying to run away, I hate being the son of the King.
- King's Son: He expects too much of me! I hate politics, and I want to be a great mercenary like Tisaun, to help protect people that can't protect themselves!
- King's Son: It's not like my father ever listened to me when I told him. He wouldn't even let me out of the castle.
- King's Son: Could you please tell Yavlis that I want to be free? I would be grateful if you could.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Report back to Yavlis with the news.
- Yavlis: Ah, finally! You're back. Did they let you bring him back? Those mercenaries have an awful habit of failing to honour their deals.
- Yavlis: Wait, the king's son said what? He truly wants to be a mercenary? Oh my... then he must have escaped on his own.
- Yavlis: Alright then, if that's the path the king's son chooses to walk, then there's nothing we can do.
- Yavlis: I can only hope that he chose to join them out of a will to protect the people, rather than simply brutishness or money.
- Yavlis: Such a shame that old guild has stooped to such a level. Well, we must thank you for your help. You can have the emerald ransom we had intended to pay.