As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Lazarus Pit is a long level 69 quest situated around Gelibord.
Preview[edit | edit source]
In his dying breaths, Burtur pleads the player to heal him of his disease with the water from the Lazarus Pit nearby.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Burtur.
- Burtur: Urgh... *cough* ...you...st-stay b-back... H-have...something awful... *cough* K-Kerasot p-poisoning...
- Burtur: I... *cough* *hack*
- Burtur: Gaaah...that's...urf. Fungal infection...in my throat. I won't live much longer...
- Burtur: *wheeze* Ack...you know, human, this Kerasot stuff...it only popped up when the decay moved into town. It ain't natural...
- Burtur: Been tryin' to find a way to help the nature. You see what good it's done me...but I swear, it was working! I can't leave this place to die- *cough* *wheeze*
- Burtur: If...if there's one thing I know, it's that there's always a way to cure anythin'. I've heard rumors of somethin' amazing. A sweet cure-all medicinal water...
- Burtur: My grand-dad told me about it, just as he was dyin' of this himself... *cough* He never got the chance to tell me where it was, before I caught it too.
- Burtur: Now, he said to have all sorts of...*cough cough*...of numbers on his grave...said they'd lead me there, but I'm too tired to go gallivanting out in that forest.
- Burtur: I hate to ask, but his grave's just north of here. I'll find a way to pay you back, somehow...but you've gotta help me out here. Please!
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Take a look at the graveyard.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go to the location shown on the gravestone
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the ruined chapel.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find a way into the basement
- Vesdar: Oh my. I didn't think anyone would ever open that door. Well...welcome, I guess. What do I have to say to get rid of you?
- Vesdar: Oh, me? I've been hiding down here for decades, ever since that nutball Dullahan started lopping off heads. Where'd YOU come from, mister small-nose-lots-of-questions?
- Vesdar: That look on your face...you're wondering how I'm still alive? Well, ever heard of miracle water? Maybe where it gives me youth, it'll give you some manners, eh?
- Vesdar: Pfft, I can tell what you're about to say. "Oh, my grammy-gram has the sniffles, oh kind Mister Vesdar, can you please spare some miracle water?" Not on your life!
- Vesdar: But I can tell, you're the persistent type. So here, if you prove you can handle the journey, I'll tell you where to find some of your own. How's that sound?
- Vesdar: See, the prison wardens in Kander...they like throwing their executed inmates in pools infused with the stuff. It brings them back, and they're quite ornery to say the least.
- Vesdar: So let's see you go kill some [Rejuvenated Corpses] and bring me [16 Rotten Skin]. They're around a little pond by the stairs to the Dullahan's castle.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Vesdar: ...heh. Somehow I figured that armour of yours wasn't just for show. Nice work. I'll tell you where you'll find some less zombie-grime-filled water for your grandma or whatever.
- Vesdar: But, one condition. It stays between us. We don't want too many immortal folks, especially as we've seen what happens when the wrong men get their hands on it.
- Vesdar: Trust me, it'll be bleedingly obvious if you tell someone. They'll all be too quick to tell me all about you, and bucko, you don't want to know how good I am with a knife.
- Vesdar: Alright, so. Head into the mountain to the east, and climb to the top. There'll be a pool, full of black and red beasts. Jump in and dive down, and you'll find the miracle water spring.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Find and enter the Lazarus Pit.
|Location||Lazarus Pit||X||-953||Y||81||Z||-5465||Wynncraft Map|
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Explore the pit.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Inspect the house nearby.
- Sesad: Oh no! The pit has arisen another one. Get back, foul demon!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Sesad.
- Sesad: Wh-who are you? Did the pit raise you from the dead? It looks like your nose fell off, at least, but you seem alive...
- Sesad: I've been living down here for...uh...a long...time. This place is called the Lazarus Pit...otherwise known as the Fountain of Youth!
- Sesad: Some guy keeps tossing bodies down here, for whatever reason, which is...a problem, but the water still has amazing medicinal effects.
- Sesad: And hey, I finally got a talker! Come on, make yourself at home! You're gonna be down here for a long time yet...wait, you aren't staying?
- Sesad: Huh. Well, I haven't gone outside in a while because of the bones shambling around, so maybe that tunnel opened up behind my house...
- Sesad: Still though. You've got no idea how long it's been since I've had company, so here. How about you take some of the water, and if you like it, you come back, eh?
- Sesad: There's a tunnel behind my house. It used to be blocked, but it might be open now. Dunno where it'll take you, but don't go dying on me, okay?
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Return to Burtur with Healing Water.
- Burtur: ...mmph!! MMMHHH!!!
- It doesn't look like he can speak. His throat looks terribly swollen. You offer him the bottle...
- He snatches it out of your hands and chugs the entire bottle down. You can see the swelling reduce, and color return to his face.
- Burtur: WROAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!
- Burtur: Gaaaahahaaah!! I feel like a million emeralds, wahaa!! Oh dear lord, that's the stuff of dreams!
- Burtur: You're a life-saver, pally! That Kerasot practically sealed my throat shut, I couldn't breathe! A few more moments and I'd have been a goner!
- Burtur: Hoo boy, I was right! Nature always finds a way! I gotta get back out there, double-time to fix this forest!
- Burtur: Say, in case I get that again...where'd you find this? Promise I won't tell a soul. Top of the mountain in a lake?
- Burtur: My lips are sealed, amigo! And hey, I promised I'd pay ya back, so here you go. Don't spend it all in one place, ya hear? Hehaah!
Tips[edit | edit source]
If you're stuck between stages 9 and 10, try walking closer to Sesad.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The title of the quest and location is a reference to Lazarus, a figure in Christian mythology who was resurrected four days after his death.
- Wynn has its own location similar to the Lazarus Pit, in the form of the Fountain of Youth.