Lazarus Pit is a long level 69 quest situated around Gelibord.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Burtur.
- Burtur: Urrgh, hello human. I'm afraid you should keep your distance from me. I have a terminal illness, Kerasot poisoning.
- Burtur: It's a fungal infection of the throat, I'm afraid I don't have long. The forest here has changed. It used to be just like the southern forest, light, green; lush..
- Burtur: But now, it is nothing but decaying trees. My grandfather told me there wasn't anything in the forest you couldn't eat..
- Burtur: Now you're lucky to find a single edible thing. Something has happened to disturb the balance here, everything is in decline.
- Burtur: Alas, I will not be around to see the forest restored, if it ever is. Unless of course, you can help me.
- Burtur: Knowing my illness, I read up on anything that could save me, and apparently there is a pool of water in your homeland Wynn, somewhere in the forest.
- Burtur: I'll die before you make it there and back, but it reminded me of a similar pool near here. I don't know where it is, but an old townsman did.
- Burtur: He said he would take his secret to the grave. I believe he meant literally! He asked specifically for his tomb to have all sorts of odd numbers on it.
- Burtur: Go to his grave, just north of here and see if you can figure out his riddle. Please hurry, I don't have much time.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Take a look at the graveyard.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go to the location shown on the gravestone
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the ruined home.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find the Vesdar.
- Vesdar: Oh, hello. I didn't think anyone would ever open that door. Well, welcome I guess. What do I have to say to get rid of you?
- Vesdar: I have been hiding down here for decades. Ever since Mr. Dullahan lost his head and went crazy, I have feared for my life.
- Vesdar: I know, I look very young. You see, I was able to procure water from a pool that grants eternal youth!
- Vesdar: I won't give you any of my water. I want to live forever! But I can tell you where to get some of your own.
- Vesdar: I wouldn't go personally, some prison warden thought it was a good idea to bury the dead there, and the water has brought them back.
- Vesdar: It's teeming with the revived corpses of prisoners. In fact, I should really make sure you can handle it.
- Vesdar: I don't want to send you to your death, so kill some [Rejuvenated Corpse] and bring me [16 Rotten Skin] from the monsters around the pond east of here. Do that and I'll tell you where it is.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Vesdar: Welcome back! Well, I guess I should tell you where the pit is then, although I still think it is unwise.
- Vesdar: Enter the mountain to the east, and climb to the top, there you will find a pool. Just jump right in. Let's keep this between us, okay?
- Vesdar: We don't want too many immortal men, especially as we've seen what happens when the wrong men get their hands on it.
- Vesdar: Good luck!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Find and enter the Lazarus Pit.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Explore the pit.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Inspect the house nearby.
- Sesad: Oh no! The pit has arisen another one. Get back, foul demon!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Sesad.
- Sesad: Wh-who are you? Did the pit raise you from the dead?
- Sesad: I've been living down here for... I don't even know how long now! A few years ago, bodies began roaming the cave...
- Sesad: I had to put up defenses and I've been down here ever since! It'll be nice to have some company for once!
- Sesad: Wait, you're not staying? This is the only pit in Gavel! You could stay and live forever!
- Sesad: I heard there was one in each province, but I'm not sure if it's true.
- Sesad: Well, here. Take this water. I guess I owe you for the limited company you gave me.
- Sesad: If you want to find the way out, there is a path behind my house that leads to the exit.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Return to Burtur with Healing Water.
- Burtur: Uh, who are you? Oh! You made it!
- Burtur: Is that the water? I can't believe it, will it cure me?
- Burtur takes the bottle and gulps down the water.
- Burtur: Wooo-wee! That really is the stuff of dreams! Maybe this forest isn't so dead afterall!
- Burtur: You really saved my life, human. I owe you big time.
- Burtur: Take this, it's all I can spare.
Tips[edit | edit source]
If you're stuck between stages 9 and 10, try walking closer to Sesad.