Kingdom of Sand
|Kingdom of Sand|
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Find out what's going on at the Sand-Swept Tomb.
- Seems like something is going on at the tomb.
- ???: Hmm.. No dice. Let me try another.
- ???: "By scorching heat and shifting sand, break the barrier that seals this land!" (wynnic signs)
- ???: Ugh. I guess the legend is true about the sceptre.
- Maybe you can find out more by talking to her?
- Lanu: Ah, a Ragni Soldier. I didn’t think you had much to do out here in the desert?
- Lanu: I'm out here trying to get into the emperor's tomb. Although I'm realising I can't without his sceptre.
- Lanu: Way before the portal came about, there was a massive empire laid across this land.
- Lanu: A powerful emperor ruled with a mystical weapon. When he died, the empire fell beneath the sand.
- Lanu: Untold treasures are inside the emperor's tomb. But without his weapon, there is no hope of entering.
- Lanu: It's long been rumoured that bandits have the sceptre. They probably have no idea what it is.
- Lanu: If you could get it, we could enter the dungeon and seek out the emperor for ourselves. The bandit's base is at the start of the mesa, up the hill.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Attempt to enter the outlaw's hideout.
- Vault Guard: What, wanna enter the hideout?
- Vault Guard: Even if yer a crooked soldier, we can't jus let yer in.
- Vault Guard: That is, unless yer got the password?
- Vault Guard: Didn’t think so. Now get lost, wasted enough of my t-
- Tarek: Now would you look at that... Even soldiers think they can waltz in ere.
- Geo: Having fun thinking of a password? Sorry to spoil your lunch, but there isn’t one!
- Geo: We could use a few more officials on the roster.
- Tarek: If yer are on the liberal side of the law, talk to us outside.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Meet with Geo & Tarek at the exit.
- Tarek: Looks like yer in. Look, there ain't a password cause we're meant to be the best thieves in the land, right?
- Tarek: So what good are words? Yer gotta give the guard somethin' stolen, aintcha!
- Geo: And we just so happen to have the opportunity of a lifetime for you. Rymek has gone soft see, a new Mayor is cleaning things up.
- Tarek: Well, we can't have government not under our control. Rymek will always be bandit capital.
- Geo: So how about we give him a taste of his own medicine, and get hold of that journal he keeps? I’m sure that’ll dig up some dirt on him.
- Tarek: And by "we", we mean you. You'll have to sneak through the mansion and avoid guards.
- Tarek: He keeps his journal in the highest room. Might need to distract some guards too. It's the biggest mansion in Rymek, can't miss it.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Sneak into the highest room of the Rymek mansion.
- Looks like this is the room the journal is kept in...
Talk to Geo and Tarek outside the mansion.
- Tarek: Yer know you could get kicked out of the army fer this.
- Tarek: Heh, guess yer the real thing. Hop in, lets get out of ‘ere.
- Tarek: That journal is more valuable than any gem, you'll be able to get in fer sure.
Enter the cart.
- Tarek: Off we go!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Vault Guard to enter the hideout.
- Vault Guard: Password?
- Vault Guard: Oh, this is quite the password, Ragni man. I think this will do nicely, on you go.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Enter the hideout and search for the sceptre.
- Seems like there's a discussion going on...
- Bandit Boss: There was another mage at the ancient tomb today boys.
- Bandit: Well she ain’t got the sceptre does she? She can’t do much harm. Wait why dun we use the sceptre boss?
- Bandit Boss: Because the Creden Tibus is more than just a group of criminals. We are honour bound to protect these sands.
- Bandit Boss: The empire that fell beneath these sands could be revived if that sceptre made it back to the emperor.
- Bandit: Good job no one will think of searching that broken cart near the river ey boss?
- Bandit Boss: Silence you fool. Didn’t I just say it was imperative no one found the sceptre?
- Bandit Boss: Right, go steal some things or something, I have real work to do.
- Seems like the cart that was talked of might be worth a look...
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Search the broken cart.
- Bandit Boss: I knew someone was listening.
- Bandit Boss: We might be bandits, but we’re not stupid. That sceptre is left better off alone.
- Bandit Boss: Seize ‘em!
- Seems like that note might give you a clue...
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Get the sceptre from the abandoned house.
- You should probably return to the tomb now.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Return to the tomb and hand the sceptre to Lanu.
- Lanu: You actually got it! I knew I could count on you. Lets try this!
- Lanu: Huh? We got no time for superstition, we need to break that seal.
- Lanu: Seems like something's happening!
- Lanu: We did it! Who would've thought that it was that ea-
- Lanu: What the hell was that...!
- Lanu: That shouldn't have happened, I... I don't understand.
- Lanu: The legend says that the emperor was immortal. I thought this would work.
- Lanu: Unless.. He cursed himself. There has to be more to this story.
- Lanu: Perhaps we will never know the full story.. well not unless we unearth the desert itself.
- Lanu: I'm sure the tale will be discovered in time.
- Lanu: Well, maybe we'll see each other again, but I must go now. Here, take this as a token of my gratitude.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The NPC Lanu is an anagram of Luna, a pseudoname of AscendedKitten, a Wynncraft Game Master.
- The spell Lanu uses to break the tomb's seal is written in Wynnic and translates into: "By scorching heat and shifting sand, break the barrier that seals this land!"
- There is a bug where when you enter the journal room, you fall out of the map. To avoid it, after going upstairs one last time, hop towards the room until it teleports you. If it happens, either use a scroll to teleport yourself out of that situation, or /kill.