King's Recruit is the starting quest for Wynncraft. It is a long level 1 quest and is a brief tutorial that introduces players to the basic concepts of the game.
NOTE: The current dialogue in this article reflects an Archer playthrough of the quest. The materials required, the weapon created and part of the cave stage will be different depending on your class.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Exit the caravan
- Caravan Driver: Agh!
- Tasim: Hey, <playername>! You alright in there? Looks like we hit something.
- Caravan Driver: I swear I hit this same dang boulder every time I make this trip.
- Caravan Driver: Yep, even seems like I got a pile of wasted wheels stacking up.
- Tasim: Does this mean we have to walk all the way to Ragni from here?
- Aledar: It's not that far, it's just a straight path from here. <playername>, if you're ready, let's get moving.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Walk down the path towards the Wynn province
- Tasim: So, what do you guys know about Wynn exactly?
- Aledar: Same as you. That the war's been getting worse, so the King of Ragni's been recruiting Fruma soldiers.
- Tasim: I've never seen the Wynn Province before. What do you think it's like?
- Aledar: I think we're about to find out.
- Tasim: Must be the gate marking the border between Fruma and Wynn.
- Aledar: Yeah, now we can see what Wynn is really like, and find out if the stories are true.
- Aledar: Here we go.
- Aledar: Well, what are you waiting for?
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Continue through the Wynn Province to the castle
- Tasim: So this is Wynn, huh?
- Aledar: It looks nice. The war clearly hasn't made it this far.
- Old Man: Hey, you three! Come over here and talk to me.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Old Man
- Tasim: Sir, are you okay?
- Old Man: I've been waiting for you three, you're late. There's a bit of trouble up ahead. You will need to get yourself some raw materials.
- Tasim: I didn't think we needed anything. Why would raw materials help us?
- Old Man: Well, you thought wrong. You will need some raw materials to make yourself something to fight with.
- Old Man: I left my scythe by the crops over yonder. Punch it and pick it up. Then harvest [2 Wheat] and bring it back here.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Harvest [2 Wheat] and bring it to the Old Man
- Old Man: Just hit the scythe to pick it up. Then whack the wheat with it to harvest it!
- Old Man: That looks like the stuff. I was sent ahead by the guards to warn any newcomers.
- Old Man: Normally, this place is pretty safe, but somehow a few corrupt have slipped through.
- Old Man: We're pretty far from the Portal so I don't know how they got here. They even broke the bridge!
- Old Man: The guards told me to send you on ahead with that wheat so you can get yourself kitted out.
- Old Man: There's a refinery up ahead. You three can forge weapons there.
- Aledar: Thanks for the warning. I guess we better get going then. <playername>, lead the way.
- Aledar: The old man said something about a bridge being broken. Let's check it out.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Investigate the broken bridge
- Tasim: Wait, stop! Don't want you falling off the edge.
- Tasim: Yeah, there's no way we'll get across here, unless one of you happened to be a bridge repairman back in Fruma.
- Aledar: Come to think of it, I don't remember. I know this sounds crazy, but I honestly can't remember anything I did back home.
- Tasim: No, you're not crazy, it's the same for me. It looks like <playername> is suffering from the same amnesia, as well.
- Aledar: It's a mystery for another day, I suppose.
- Aledar: For now, <playername>, let's look for a way across. There's gotta be something we can use to get to the other side...
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Search for another way across the ravine
- Tasim: I guess that's one way of getting across! You guys head over the ravine, I'll be right behind you.
- Aledar: Just ahead is the entrance to the underpass. Once we get through there, we'll be at the castle!
- Guard: Ah, the new recruits. I'm afraid you won't be able to pass through here yet.
- Aledar: What? Why not?
- Guard: Somehow a bunch of corrupt sieged the underpass. It's not safe to go in unarmed. You three need weapons first.
- Guard: You should be able to use the nearby resources to craft your own.
- Aledar: Fine. I know what to do. <playername>, Tasim, follow me.
- Aledar: This is the refinery the old man was talking about.
- Aledar: Use it to make [2 String] and then show it to me. There's some wheat nearby if you need any more.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Process your wheat into [2 String] and bring it to Aledar
- Aledar: Good job! But that was only the first step. Now, on to step two. Follow me.
- Aledar: Now we've got to refine some logs into wood. Cut down the nearby trees if you need more logs.
- Aledar: Refine the logs into [2 Wood] and then show them to me.
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Process your logs into [2 Wood] and bring it to Aledar
- Aledar: Okay, only one more step to go. Let's make this quick so we can get to the castle in time.
- Aledar: The last thing we need to do is use this workbench to forge your weapon.
- Aledar: Use 2 string and 1 wood to craft [1 Bow] and show it to the guard.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Craft your weapon and show it to Aledar
- Aledar: It's not the strongest weapon, but it's enough. Let's go and see if this is good enough for the guard, <playername>.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Show your weapon to the guard and enter the cave
- Guard: Looks like you are all in order, I hope you know how to use it. You may pass, but be careful, it's still very dangerous.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Continue through the cave
- Tasim: What's going on?
- Tasim: That must be one of those "Corrupted" the old man mentioned. Don't worry, it's moving so slow that it can't hurt us.
- Tasim: NEVER MIND! KILL IT!
- Aledar: Good job, <playername>! Let's keep going.
- Tasim: Anyone else have a bad feeling..?
- Aledar: Oh no...
- Aledar: <playername>, take the one in the front. We'll get the two in the back!
- Tasim: Great work, <playername>! We're almost to the castle, so let's keep going!
- Tasim: Careful! Looks like there's more undead!
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Follow the guard's instructions
- Guard: Finally, some backup! Help me out here, would ya?
- Aledar: What's happened, did you get attacked by the corrupt?
- Guard: Not quite, recruit. I'm well-equipped for them. The issue is this cave-in.
- Tasim: This isn't seriously the only way through, is it?
- Guard: If it wasn't for my injuries, I could just use my weapon to cast a SPELL on these boulders to get rid of them.
- Guard: I know you're new, but we're out of options.
- Guard: <playername>, you're a <class>, right? Walk up to the boulder for me.
- Guard: Now, cast your Arrow Storm spell by clicking Right-Left-Right!
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Continue through the cave
- Guard: Good work. Now, you three head on towards the castle.
- Guard: Wait!
- Guard: RUN!
- Soldier: Launch the trebuchet!
- Guard: Thanks for the save.
- Soldier: Well, I'm just glad everyone made it out okay. All right, recruits, the castle is straight ahead!
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Enter the castle
- Aledar: Well, we made it. Guess we better head inside and talk to the King.
- Ragni's King: Ah, you must be the last recruit. Please come over here and speak to me.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Ragni's King
- Ragni's King: Hello! Your friends just left. They told me quite a story about what happened to you three on the way here.
- Ragni's King: Welcome to the Wynn Province!
- Ragni's King: This is the noble fort of Ragni, one of the oldest and most influential cities in the province!
- Ragni's King: Your job as a soldier of Wynn is to stop the growth of the monsters that are ravaging the province.
- Ragni's King: You might want to train a little more before hand, though. Many lives are lost everyday...
- Ragni's King: ...Anyway, good luck! If you are lost, use map.wynncraft.com as it is very useful if you don't know where to go.
- Ragni's King: Take this [1 Ragni Teleportation Scroll] too! It will bring you back here if you use it.