|Location||Canyon of the Lost|
Preview[edit | edit source]
The General of the Kitrios Barracks in the Canyon has been acting strange lately and the player plays along with the General's orders, only to discover devastating news.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Private Tylas outside of the fort.
- Tylas: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz...
- Tylas: AAAHHHHH! You startled me! Sleeping? No, you must be mistaken. I have sworn to guard this fort at all costs, I would never even close my eyes!
- Tylas: The barracks is not currently operating, I'm afraid. General Lecade has all of the men working on all sorts of absolutely ridiculous tasks.
- Tylas: You wish to help out? That is very kind of you to offer, but I'm not supposed to let anyone through aside from fellow soldiers.
- Tylas: Then again, General Lecade hasn't been himself lately. It probably won't even bother him if it means getting his work done.
- Tylas: I'll let you through, if you wish to help. Speak with General Lecade to find out what insane task he wants you to do, his office on the left side of the fort.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Speak to General Lecade.
- Lecade: Who let you in here? Probably that private who I let guard this place, I'll bet that he was sleeping again. So what brings you here, anyways?
- Lecade: So, you wanna help me with the work I need done? Sure, why not? I could use an extra hand around here!
- Lecade: All right, I need you to get to work straight away! You see... um... people reported some strange noises coming from the roof of a tower.
- Lecade: The tallest one in the fort, in fact. I need you to climb up it and make sure that the roof doesn't collapse.
- Lecade: To get to the tower, just go inside the Mountain Spring Tavern next door and climb up the ladder. Then keep going up the stairs from there.
- Lecade: Now what are you waiting for? Get to work!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go through the Mountain Spring Tavern to reach the roof of the tallest tower in the fort.
- This roof seems to be in perfect shape. You should probably find a safe way down to General Lecade's office.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Return to General Lecade.
- Lecade: You're back already? You're telling me you climbed up the tallest tower in the entire fort and you're already back? Impossible!
- Lecade: I mean, good work, soldier! While you were gone, some more work freed up. You see, I... accidentally dropped my good-luck charm into an aqueduct, it's in the sewers now.
- Lecade: That charm brings me luck, you're going to have to dive into the sewers to retrieve it. I do know of a way you can enter them.
- Lecade: There's a crack in a pipe on the other side of town you should be able to use to enter the sewers. Now hurry up, standing around won't get me that charm!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Recover the Good-Luck Charm from the sewers.
- Now that you're finally out of those dreadful sewers, you should get that worthless coin to General Lecade.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Lecade: What's with that gold thing? Oh, yes, my good-luck charm! Good work, soldier! There's yet another task for you, and I think you're fit for the job.
- Lecade: There's a mountain near the town that's always looked rather dull to me. I want you to paint it a different color, make it look nice.
- Lecade: Yes, how about you paint it purple? I wrote the coordinates down in your quest book, so get to it!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Paint the mountain.
- What a lovely shade of purple! You should probably head back to the General and tell him you got the job done.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Return to General Lecade.
- Lecade: You painted the mountain already? I can't believe this! How are you doing everything I order you to so quickly? You should be exhausted!
- Lecade: I mean, you have shown you are an extremely capable soldier! In fact, so capable, that I think you're ready for this next task.
- Lecade: I want you to walk across a tightrope to amuse your fellow soldiers. The coordinates are in your quest book, so go put on a show!
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Walk across the tightrope.
- Private: I'll bet you five emeralds he doesn't make it across.
- What a spectacular performance! General Lecade should probably know what a great show you put on.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Return to General Lecade.
- Lecade: Wait, you actually went and did it? I didn't think anyone would do something so completely ridiculous!
- Lecade: Fine, if you're still so eager to help after all of this, then I'll give you one last task to do.
- Lecade: I need you to destroy a wall in town so we can add another house. Lieutenant Gren is there to give you the details.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Lieutenant Gren.
- Gren: Stay away from this area! It's marked for demolition, we're just waiting for a soldier General Lecade sent in to do the job.
- Gren: Wait, you're supposed to be the one handling explosives? Well, better than me risking my own neck!
- Gren: We have a soldier on the upper level ready to drop an explosive, he just needs the signal. Push that button and run before you're blown to bits!
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Blow up the wall inside the fort.
- Does General Lecade know this place exists? You should probably check it out...
- ???: You were sent here under the orders of General Lecade? Seems that fool forgot he locked me up in here. Listen, that man can't be who he says he is, because...
- ???: I am General Lecade.
- Lecade: I know that sounds preposterous. The man you spoke to looks exactly like me, doesn't he? Well, let me explain everything I know about that impostor.
- Lecade: It is actually a rare Gavel creature called "Corpus Accipientis" or in layman's terms, a shape-shifter. It took my identity and locked me up in this cell.
- Lecade: That thing loves to create mischief, it lives to make others' lives harder. It must be doing horrible thing to my loyal men, that beast!
- Lecade: I want you to kill it. I know a way into my office, or it's office now, from here. After all, I'm the one who had this place built.
- Lecade: Hold down both wooden plates on the desks over there and a secret door should open. I'd follow you, but I am unable to leave this cell.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Continue through the secret passageway.
- Corpus Accipientis: So, looks like you've found me out. You know, all I wanted to do was control an army, I wasn't even going to kill anyone!
- Corpus Accipientis: But you have to come in and ruin this, don't you? Such a shame, I was going to ask if I could borrow your form for a while.
- Corpus Accipientis: You know, defeating you will allow me to take your form and continue posing as the General. Yes, I'll use my true form to take you out!
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Defeat the Corpus Accipientis.
- Lecade: Fear not, soldier! I am no slimy impostor, now bring me that shape-shifter's remains so I can lock them up!
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
- Lecade: Well, looks like you destroyed a big blob of slime and came back without a scratch. Now that's what I like to see.
- Lecade: I'm surprised you pulled that off, though. When I hunted that thing down, it managed to take my form. Guess I can learn a few tricks from you.
- Lecade: Well, at least that shape-shifter won't be taking anyone's body anymore. That thing already caused enough trouble when it only took mine, imagine if it took more.
- Lecade: The soldiers understood the situation, luckily. Can't believe it got that far. I'll make sure nothing like that ever happens again!
- Lecade: But enough of that, you helped out a tremendous deal. And for that you deserve a reward, I'll pay you a hefty sum for your troubles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To enter the sewers go to the right in the broken pipe, do not try to climb up.