|The following page contains information about content that no longer exists in Wynncraft as of update 1.18 and has been archived for historical purposes.|
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Alein: Oh nice to meet you. I'm a bit busy at the moment.
- Alein: ... Say, you seem like an able person. Help me out here, would you?
- Alein: For the past few days, I've been trying to break this ice block, so I can open up a new vein in this mine.
- Alein: However, this isn't your average pile of soft snow, this ice is as hard as obsidian!
- Alein: After all this time I've figured that my current tools can't do anything to this stuff. What I need is a strong explosion.
- Alein: I know of a guy who makes and sells explosives. His shop is just South of here, so see if you can find him and get me a bomb.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Cabac: Hello *cough* Sorry 'bout that, worked overtime yesterday. *hack*
- Cabac: Wait... you need an explosive? *hack* Um, I only make fireworks, no idea what you're...
- Cabac: Umm... *cough* bomb creation is kind of illegal nowadays, but... the local miners were usually my best customers, so I suppose I could try.
- Cabac: But before I can make you one, I'm running low on the primary ingredient, gunpowder.
- Cabac: Fortunately, there are some imps that collect it in a cave somewhere near here. I've been so tired lately, *cough* I haven't had much time to go there.
- Cabac: *wheeze* Um, so grab me say, 10 Gunpowder. That way, I'll be able to make you a bomb, and have a little left.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Cabac: Got them all? Alright.
- Cabac: *cough* Give me some time, and I'll have it ready.
- He walks up the stairs. You wait for hours, as your patience weakens. You are about to give up and leave, when Cabac comes down holding a wrapped package.
- Cabac: Sorry for the wait! Not great with special orders.
- Cabac: *cough* Normally, I would charge extra. But since you got me the extra gunpowder, you'll get it for free.
- Cabac: Be careful with that thing! *cough* Ugh... I should probably see a doctor.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Return to Alein with the explosive.
- Alein: Ah, took you long enough.
- Alein: Now to light the string and...
- Alein's torch starts the explosives fuse. He sets it against the large block of ice, before running back.
- Alein: Stand back this could get dangerous!
- As the spark burns out the string, the bomb explodes. A huge cloud of smoke surrounds you, and sparks fly out from all directions.
- Alein: ... Did it work?
- The wispy cloud dissipates, but the block of ice is still intact.
- Alein: Drat! Surely there must have been a mistake!
- Alein: Ugh... well, there is another way. I've heard that somewhere around this snowy area, is a lava spring.
- Alein: It's going to be hard, but if we can get a bucket that can hold lava, hopefully it will melt the ice away.
- Alein: I think there's an old fellow who's great with enchanting, not too far from here. Ask him to help you out, This is our only hope!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Go to the house to the west and talk to Keibon.
- Keibon: Who are you? And what is it that requires my guidance?
- Keibon: You need a bucket for holding lava? Odd... well, there does happen to be a lava spring right there.
- Keibon: I could just give you this regular old bucket, but for it to hold lava, I require some magic.
- Keibon: Bring me 5 Pure Ice Shard from those monsters you see outside. With the magic from those shards, I will be able to enchant the bucket.
- Keibon: Now, off you go.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Collect 5 Pure Ice Shard and bring them back to Keibon.
- Keibon: Excelent. Now, let me get to work.
- Keibon raises his hand. The silvers of frost begin to levitate.
- Keibon: And... there!
- Without hesitating, large beams of blue light shine towards a bucket on the table. It begins to glow, and emanates a cold aura.
- Keibon: The bucket is ready. Good luck, young adventurer.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Obtain 8 Lava by killing Animated Lava Blobs in the Lava Spring, and return to Alein with the bucket.
- Alein: Careful with that lava! You don't want to spill that stuff all over the place.
- Alein: Alright, there we go. Stay back!
- He pours the lava over the block of ice. A large cloud of steam appears, accompanied by a loud fizzling sound.
- Alein: I think it's working!
- Hasol: ... Wha... wh-wh-who's there? C-c-cam anyone hear m-m-me?
- Alein: Goodness! Are you okay?
- Hasol: Oh heavens, I'm alive! P-p-please, get me out of here! I'm f-f-freezing!
- Alein: I'll get you out of there in a moment.
- Alein: Hey, thanks for all the help, adventurer. I can take it from here.
- Hasol: ... Wh-wh-what year is it? I feel like I-I-I've been gone for d-d-decades!
- Alein: In fact, for your trouble, take these emeralds. Thank you for the help!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the 1.13 Wynnter Update came out, there was a glitch with obtaining the lava, as it rarely appeared. In a later patch, it got fixed.
- This quest is amongst one of the few quests with subtext behind what the player and the NPCs are doing during the dialogue.
- The NPC's names are references to Star Wars movie characters: