Forbidden Prison is a long level 72 quest located at the Forbidden Prison.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The player is falsely arrested and sent to the Lexdale Federal Prison for killing a Merchant in Gelibord, and must make their way out of the prison all the while avoiding the sadistic guards and Warden who rule the facility with an iron fist, as well as uncovering the Prison's true purpose and nature along the way.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Merchant at [-963, 47, -5280]
- Merchant: Hey, hey, humie! Yeah, I'm talkin' to ya here..
- Merchant: Y'see, I got a few things here... look around for a bit, they're all very rare...
- Merchant: I see that look in yer eyes... Ya interested in something here? It's all 'fa sale...
- Merchant: ..Say, humie... I ain't mean to alarm ya, but do ya know who that guy sneakin' up behind 'ye is?
You were knocked out...
- ???: OI! Wake up, you damned miscreant!
- Prison Guard: Took ya long enough.. Alright, listen up, maggot!
- Prison Guard: We found ya outside of Gelibord, passed out near some dead body, and... Well, we had to arrest someone for that merchant's death!
- Prison Guard: So, welcome to the Lexdale Federal Prison. You're in here for the rest of your life, short-nose, so no use complaining about it.
- Prison Guard: And don't think you get to just lounge around all day in your cell. You gotta do work here, or you're getting thrown in the hole.
- Prison Guard: But for now, you’re stayin’ in your cell, understood? Now, stay here, and take a look around your cell. You'll know when it's time to work..
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Explore your cell
- Old Prisoner: GWAH! Who the hell are you?
- Old Prisoner: Oh, thank grook, you're just another prisoner... So young, too...
- Old Prisoner: You just got here, right? Well... I can tell you're innocent... Just like almost everyone else in this forsaken prison...
- Old Prisoner: Listen, human... This prison... You couldn't have come to a more horrific prison in the entire world! This place is hellish!!
- Old Prisoner: The guards here, they're sadistic! They'll pluck random prisoners out of their cells, and nobody ever sees them again! They're trying to kill us all in here!
- Old Prisoner: I'm being serious, human! If you stay here, they'll kill you, too! You HAVE to escape this place, whatever it t-
- Prison Guard: Oi, filth! You're comin' with us. Get out of your cell, NOW!
- Old Prisoner: Are you sure, uh, sir? I don't think I'm supposed to be anywhere today...
- Prison Guard: Oh, ya think you're smart, trying to resist?? Oi, Jon, block the entrance!
- Prisoner: H-HEY! WHAT ARE YOU- GET OFF- AAAAAHH!! SOMEONE!! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!!!
- Prison Guard: OI! Quit starin’ off into space, maggot! Come over to your cell's bars.
- Prison Guard: It’s work time, filth. I'll escort you to the hallways. Once you're there, someone will tell you what to do. Do as they say, and you might come back tonight.
- Prison Guard: You got that, wretch? Alright, now get out of your cell!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Get your instructions from the guard
This stage is very straightforward: a guard will walk up to you and inform you of your next objective, before walking away.
- Prison Guard: Guess you're the one on cleanin' duty, huh? Alright. Listen up, scum!
- Prison Guard: Take this sponge, and look around the hallways. If you see a mess, use the sponge to clean it up. Someone will escort you back to the cells once you're done.
- Prison Guard: Got it? Alright. Now, get to work!
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Search the hallways for messes to clean up
You must clean up 7 messes around the hallways by right-clicking them with a sponge.
When you complete the objective, you will receive this message:
Looks like you've cleaned up all the messes! You should return to the Guard at the entrance of the hallways to tell him that you're done.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Report to the prison guard at [-12177, 24, 4127]
- Prison Guard: You're done cleaning? Alright, it's time for rollcall. You're being escorted back to the cell block. Follow me, and don't move.
You're escorted back to the cell block by the guard...
The two of you arrive just as rollcall is about to begin. Some guards shove you into place with the other prisoners...
- The Warden: Well, well, well... Looks like the dross of society is here on time!
- The Warden: Alright. Stay in line, and don't move, maggots! It's time for roll call...
- The Warden: ...
- The Warden: You’re all here… Ha! That’s a surprise, you outcasts can actually follow orders!
- The Warden: ...Hm… Looks like we’ve got a new arrival too.. Don’t worry, peon... your soul will be well secure here for the rest of eternity.
- The Warden: Alright. That’s it for now, you worthless menaces. It’s meal time. Head to the cafeteria, and pray that we’re not giving you your last meal.
You're escorted to the cafeteria by the guards...
This looks like the cafeteria. You should look for a place to sit down..
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Find a place to sit in the cafeteria
On the right side of the room is the serving area for food; the player can pick up one food item here. On the left side of the room are two dining tables: one for regular prisoners and one for mafia prisoners. You can either sit at the table with the normal prisoners or the mafia prisoners, by right-clicking either empty chair twice.
Right-click again to sit at this table.
You decide to sit down at this table...
If you sit at the table with the regular prisoners:
- Prisoner: Hey.. It's alright, you can sit here, don't worry.
- Prisoner: So... you're new here, right? Hah… Guessing you're innocent, just like the rest of us… and I mean that...
- Prisoner: He's tellin' the truth, new guy. Most of us here are just average civilians. I worked at a transportation company in Cinfras, and was delivering some crates to Gelibord when they snatched me just out of town.
- Prisoner: Me too! I don't even know why I was put here at all! I wasn't even given a trial in court, or anything! They just plucked me off the streets and threw me in here!
- Prisoner: They wanna kill you, that's why. Did ya hear about Revan? He got taken away a couple of days ago, after he accidentally stumbled during roll call. Nobody's heard or seen 'em since.
- Prisoner: I… you're probably right... I just dont understand any of this anymore... I just want to escape this damn place for good...
- Prisoner: ...Good luck with that.. Only way out is through that exit door, and even then you gotta get into the Control Room, as well. It's...just impossible, y'know?
- Prison Guard: Alright, meal time's over! Get to your cells, filth!
- Prisoner: ...Well… That's this place in a nutshell for you, human. Just try not to get in anyone's way or step out of line, and you should be alright until they end up taking you.
If you sit at the table with the mafia prisoners:
- Mafia Prisoner: Oi, who’s this guy right ‘ere? We don’t know ya. Move it!
- Mafia Prisoner: ‘Ey, ‘ey, let it rest, Don. They're not hurtin’ nobody.
- Mafia Prisoner: ...Got it, boss... Sorry…
- Mafia Prisoner: Don’t worry about it. So... You know who we are, novello?
- Mafia Prisoner: We’re part of the Placido Crime Family. We do business across the entire world; all parts of it, you know what I’m saying?
- Mafia Prisoner: Almost all of us at this table got caught for running with the family-... Ah, bet you’re surprised to hear that there are some guilty people up in this slaughterhouse, yeah?
- Mafia Prisoner: It’s alright, you don’t have to worry about us getting plucked and killed like those other piacevole here. Guards keep on sayin’ something about “our souls are too tainted”, whatever they mean.
- Mafia Prisoner: Hah! Maybe you’ll get the same treatment too, novello. I saw it the minute I laid eyes on ya. You’re a killer too, ain't ya? Hey, gotta be one to know you're dealin' with one..
- Mafia Prisoner: ..Anyways... You thinkin’ about staying in this prison, fratello? Word of advice: Don’t. If you can, you gotta escape. You might think it’s impossible for someone to escape here, or whatnot...
- Prison Guard: Alright, meal time’s over! Get to your cells, filth!
- Mafia Prisoner: But no, you're different. I can see it in those eyes. You just gotta find a way into that Control Room, somehow. And hey, if you do get outta here, give us some word in the Letvus Black Market, yeah?
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Attend morning rollcall
You're escorted out of the cafeteria and back to your cell...
Looks like that's the end of today... Your top priority tomorrow should be to devise a plan to escape the prison. Finding a guard outfit could be helpful, as well..
- ??? Alright! Everyone, get up! Out of your cells, NOW! It's time for rollcall!
- The Warden: Alright, look straight, scum! Morning rollcall is about to start.
- The Warden: Let's see here...
- The Warden: ...you’re all here...? Hm... Disappointing, honestly. Rollcall is over. All of you, head to wherever your job is, and get to work!
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Search the hallways for possible escape routes, and find a guard outfit
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Report to the Prison Guard at [-12177, 24, 3572]
- Prison Guard: You're done? Alright, now follow me. Rollcall is about to start.
- The Warden: What with you all, showing up late like this?? It's time for rollcall!
- The Warden: ...
- The Warden: You're all here, huh? Alright then, head on to dinn-
- Prisoner: Oi! Quit steppin' on my shoes, cretino!
- Prisoner: Hey! What the hell are you talkin' about, making up something like that! I didn't do anythin'!
- Prisoner: Shut it, fat-nose! You know what you were doin'! Now stay out of my way!
- The Warden: OI! Are you blind, or something?!? Get those lowlifes under control, guards!
- Prison Guard: You two got some damn nerve, fightin' during rollcall!
- Prisoner: Don't touch me!
- Prison Guard: W-Woah, HEY! This maggot has a shank! Back up!!!
- Prison Guard: LOCKDOWN! LOCKDOWN! ALL OF YOU, IN YOUR CELLS, NOW!
- The Warden: You two really are stupid, huh? Fighting in the midst of all of these guards? And you got a shank, too...
- The Warden: Well, looks like it's game over for you two outcasts. You're heading straight to the hole!
- The Warden: You, take these two cretins to the hole, and you, go to my office and get one of the spare control room keys. Now, LIGHTS OUT!
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Attend morning rollcall
Time to take stock of the situation. You need to get out of here, and you might just have found enough out to do it.
The only way to escape is by heading through the exit door. You'll need to access the control room in order to open it...
The Warden mentioned during rollcall that there's spare control room keys in her office. You'll have to find a way into her office during work time in order to access the control room.
- ??? Alright! Everyone, get up! Out of your cells, NOW! It's time for rollcall!
- The Warden: Alright, everyone get in line, and stand straight! Don't move, or it's game over for you!
- The Warden: ...
- Prisoner: H-hey! Stop pushing me, mate! Seriou-
- The Warden: Well, well, well... Another peon thought it was wise to step off course..
- Prisoner: W-wait a minute, miss! Someone pushed me out of line! I swear!
- The Warden: BE QUIET! I didn't say you could speak, filth!
- The Warden: Get back in line! Once this is over, you're out, slime!
- The Warden: Alright, now, the rest of you, get to work! Rollcall is over for you all!
If the player gave cheese and cafeteria food to the rats in stages 4 and 8 respectively, this last line will be interrupted as the rats will attack The Warden. The Warden will drop the control room key in front of the player before losing her temper and strangulating the rats with her magic, allowing the player to skip most of stage 10.
You're back in the hallways... You should head to the Warden's office as soon as possible to get the Control Room key.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Steal the key from the warden's office, and head to the control room
Looks like the Warden isn't here today, and there aren't any guards near her office.. You might be able to get through the door without being noticed..
The door is locked.. There has to be another way into the office nearby.
You're inside the warden's office... You need to find the Control Room Key and use it to open the Control Room.
Right-click the key on the wall to take it, then head to the Control Room at (-12199, 24, 3620) and enter using the key.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to open the exit door
Right-click the lever in the middle of the back wall to open the exit door.
There's a lever on this control panel that is labeled with the words UNLOCK EXIT DOOR.
You can hear the sound of a door opening in the distance... the exit door must have just opened!
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Head through the exit door at [-12177, 24, 3658]
There isn't much time left! Get to the exit door so you can escape!
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Sneak past the guards and find a way to the Records Room
In the solitary cells:
|Location||Forbidden Prison||X||-12552||Y||30||Z||3930||Wynncraft Map|
- Prisoner: Oh, thank the bovine! There's a friendly face around here..
- Prisoner: Listen, human, you gotta get me out of here! They've been killin' people in here all day! If you don't help me out, I'll be next!
- Prisoner: Look, next to my cell, on that desk! There's a key! Grab it and hand it to me!
After right-clicking the bars with the key:
- Prisoner: Yes, perfect, PERFECT! That's the key, hand it to me!
- Prisoner: I can't explain the debt I owe you, human... You have no idea how grateful I am..
- Prisoner: Say, what's your name, human? <playername>? Alright, my name's Kaetan. Go on ahead and get out of here, I'll catch up. If you do get out of this chop-shop, meet me in Cinfras, I want to give you something there.
|Location||Forbidden Prison||X||-12562||Y||30||Z||3922||Wynncraft Map|
- Prisoner: Hh-h-hel-p-pp-p.... m-me-ee-e.. pl-ea-s-sE!
The prisoner's body begins to go limp..
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Find and destroy your criminal records
Right-click the box at (-12501, 26, 4097) to get your criminal records, then right-click the fireplace to throw them in.
Dialogue: This box has a few criminal records in here. The first one has your name on it... At least you didn’t need to search very long to find it.
There should be something nearby you can use to destroy it.
You toss your criminal records into the fire. Good riddance.
Your record has been destroyed, for now. You can finally leave the prison for good.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Leave the prison
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you free Kaetan, he will give you 30 emerald blocks the next time you go to the front/eastern entrance of Cinfras.
- If you help the Starving Prisoner in the cafeteria by giving him food, you can meet one of his family members in Lexdale, and they will give you 24 Emerald Blocks.
- If you help the Injured Prisoner in Stage 10 by giving them a medical kit, you can meet his father in Gelibord, and he will give you 24 Emerald Blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Kaetan" is an anagram of AscendedKitten, a former GM.
- The name "Taron" (the Starving Prisoner) is an anagram of Aarontti, a former CMD.
- The location of the quest, the Lexdale Federal Prison, is heavily inspired by the real-life prison known as the United States Penitentary, Atlanta.
- The quest was reworked in 1.20 Gavel Reborn Update.
- Link to original version here.