Finding The Light
|Finding The Light|
|Required Item||Taproot, Volt Goat Horn|
Finding The Light is a long level 71 quest in which the player find the magical Realm of Light, but with some bumps and bruises.
Preview[edit | edit source]
This quest is a sequel to the quest Taproot, thus the player will need one Taproot item to start the quest in addition to 1 Volt Goat Horn from a peaceful mob, the Volt Goat. The quest The Realm of Light follows after the player completes this quest.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Guardian of The Forest: Huh?! What?! Is that a Volt Goat horn?!
- Guardian of The Forest: Who wakes me from my slumber?
- Guardian of The Forest: What in Gavel are you? Why is your nose so small?
- Guardian of The Forest: A human, eh? Strange creature. So, why have you awoken me?
- Guardian of The Forest: I haven’t been awake in 200 years. I would have thought Tiek would have fixed the decay by now...
- Guardian of The Forest: This is awful. You have to act now. I can feel it has not yet crossed the river.
- Guardian of The Forest: Head south and you’ll find an arch with a white symbol on it, I must know what state it’s in.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- You hit an invisible barrier, but you don’t see anything around anyways.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Return to the Guardian of The Forest to seek guidance.
- Guardian of The Forest: Well, did you find it? What?! It’s not there?!
- Guardian of The Forest: Or maybe... It is there. Just hidden. Of course. You’re not from Gavel, right?
- Guardian of The Forest: Oh yes. Yes... You just can’t see it!
- Guardian of The Forest: Of course.. If something foul were to enter the forest it would hide itself.
- Guardian of The Forest: You’ll need to find someone who can help you see.
- Guardian of The Forest: Is Cinfras still standing? I once heard they invented something with two glass things to put over your eyes so you could see better. Perhaps go there and seek them out.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find someone in Cinfras who can help you SEE.
- Ollie: Welcome there young master, how may I assist you today?
- Ollie: You can’t see?
- Ollie: Well then, why don’t you take a quick eye examination?
- Ollie: It’s very simple. All I need you to do is walk over to the paper on the wall there..
- Ollie: ...And read out each line one by one.
- Ollie: I’ll be able to work out what you need from there.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Take the Eye Exam.
- F P
- T O Z
- L P E D
- P E C F D
- E D F C Z P
- F E L O P Z D
- D E F P O T E C
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Ollie.
- Ollie: Well, that was a perfect score. Are you sure you’re having problems?
- Ollie: What is it exactly that you can’t see? Oh... Let’s try something else.
- Ollie reaches under the desk and produces a dusty tome labelled 'Magical Sight'
- Ollie: Let’s see… Ah yes. Perhaps the Clearsight spectacles are what you need.
- Ollie: Oh my, we’re going to need a few things. Such as [Tears of the Honest], [Coin of the Charitable], and [Note of the Selfless].
- Ollie: These items are so peculiar. I really wonder how magic operated hundreds of years ago. I don’t know how you will acquire these... But if you ever do, come back to me. On your way out, do tell that person shouting to be quiet.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
- Charlie: JACK?! JACK?? Where are you?
- Charlie: You there! Have you seen my son?
- Charlie: He locked his bedroom and vanished!
- Charlie: My house is number 10, perhaps you could see if you can find out where he went?
- Charlie: Maybe you could check his room for me? I’ll stay out here and keep searching.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
- I’m sorry dads. I am going to go help this poor sick man outside the city. I’ll be leaving through the North gate. I'll be back as soon as I can!
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Jack.
- Jack: Ow!
- Jack: Help me Human, I fell!
- Jack: I have an ouchie!
- Jack: Please go help the man for me, I need to find my daddy and get a bandage.
- Jack: He’s at a house on the border of the forest, I’ll write the exact location down for you.
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
- Damien: Ugh, who-who are you?
- Damien: Uhhhh.. Are you a doctor? You have to help.
- Damien: I was trying to get to Cinfras to collect some medicine, but I never made it.
- Damien: Can you get the medicine for me? The apothecary is at house 19, hurry.
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Apothecary about getting medicine at house 19 in Cinfras.
- Sasha: Welcome to Cinfras apothecary! How may I help you today?
- Sasha: Ahh, Damien. That rings a bell. He had an order ready.
- Sasha: Let’s see.. That’ll be 200,000 Liquid Emeralds please.
- Sasha: Good medicine is expensive. I’m afraid that’s the price.
- Sasha: Look, that’s the price. I can’t change it. It’s all safely stored in my basement.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
» Break into Sasha’s basement.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Sasha about her debt.
- Sasha: Look I know it’s a lot of money, but I’m desperate.
- Sasha: I want to give you this medicine so badly, but I can’t.
- Sasha: A royal gardener stole my diary and is using it to blackmail me. It has embarrassing secrets..
- Sasha: He said he’ll give it back only in exchange for 200,000 Liquid Emeralds!
- Sasha: I’m sorry, but as long that gardener is determined to get me, I can’t lower the price. If you wish to approach him, he’s probably at the bridge to the guild hall, gardening.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Find the Gardener in the Cinfras Gardens.
- Gardener: What do you want, can’t you see I’m busy?
- Gardener: Oh. Sasha. Are you here to give me the money?
- Gardener: No? Well then shove off! I have work to do. I stored the diary in a place no one would ever look!
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Search the Gardener’s cart for evidence of his lies.
- The chest contains a leather bound notebook titled 'Diary: By Sasha The Apothecary'
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Threaten The Gardener with his receipt.
- Gardener: You found it?! How is this possible?!
- Gardener: I thought it was hidden! Look, no one needs to get hurt here.
- Gardener: Please don’t hurt me! Ahh! Stop! Stop! You can have it!
- Gardener: Wow.. I am truly a bad person. I.. I’m sorry. Tell Sasha I’m sorry. I’m overcome with emotion, I don’t think I can face her.
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Sasha The Apothecary and get the medicine.
- Sasha: Look my hands are- Oh? You got the Diary! I look everywhere!
- Sasha: He must have been hiding it spectacularly!
- Sasha: Here, take the medicine, free of charge. You go and help that homeless man. And here, take this too.
Stage 18[edit | edit source]
» Give the medicine to Damien.
- Damien: Uuuuhhh...Is.. Is that my medicine?!
- Damien: ...
- Damien: Woah... this stuff is really strong! I feel loads better already!
- Damien: Please, thank that little boy for me next time you see him.
- Damien: He was running back and forth from Cinfras to bring me chicken noodle soup.
- Damien: He’s a good kid. Not many people in Gavel would act the way he did.
Stage 19[edit | edit source]
- Charlie: Did you find him? You found Jack?!
- Charlie: Oh my goodness me, thank you kind Human, thank you!
- Charlie: My life partner Dave and I were beside ourselves with worry!
- Charlie: You will have to come over for dinner some time. Dave makes a fantastic roast Grook.
Stage 20[edit | edit source]
» Return to Ollie in Cinfras.
- Ollie: Hello again! Did you somehow manage to acquire all of those weird ingredients?
- Ollie: Woah. I didn’t even think half of these even existed! Right, let’s see if this old book is right.
- Ollie: I’m going to need a bit of that. Yes. A pinch of this. Mmm.
- Ollie: ...
- Ollie: And... There! Magical glasses. Whatever it is you’re looking for, you should be able to find.
- Ollie: No need to pay me. Doing ancient magic is a hobby of mine. And after all that trouble you went through to get these items...
- Ollie: No.. You go do what you have to. I hope you find whatever it is you’re looking for.
Stage 21[edit | edit source]
- Guardian of The Forest: Welcome back, Human. Was there something in Cinfras to help you?
- Guardian of The Forest: While you were gone I have caught up on the last 200 years.
- Guardian of The Forest: How things have decayed.. The Gert war.. The two towers.. The Doguns!
- Guardian of The Forest: Anyway, enough of that. Remember the arch from before?
- Guardian of The Forest: Put on your glasses and you will be able to see what you could not before.. The arch is to the south if you have forgotten.
Stage 22[edit | edit source]
» Head back to the Arch.
Stage 23[edit | edit source]
» Enter The Light Realm
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There is an NPC around the Guardian of The Forest which explains how to find the Volt Goat.
- Bring the Taproot with you (Obtained from the Taproot quest) to start the quest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As Jack stated in his letter, “I’m sorry dads,” he must have meant Charlie and Dave. Charlie also refers to Dave as his "Life partner," meaning they are a gay couple.
- Charlie and Dave are named after Grian and Abandonedbank's real-life names.
- In the actual game, there are many grammar mistakes such as, “gardener” being misspelled as “gardner” and using “apothecary” being misspelled as “apothacary” in the quest book.
- One of the quest items the player will get is "Canned Abis," which sounds pretty close to a plant called Cannibis, more commonly known as weed.