Fate of the Fallen
|Fate of the Fallen|
Fate of the Fallen is a long level 43 quest.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Telvu the mage.
- Telvu: Ah, a member of the Ragni army. We're trying to gain entry to this frozen barrow. We could use your aid.
- Telvu: Are you familiar with the story of Theorick and Nesaak?
- Telvu: Probably not. Well, you see, Nesaak was not always frozen.
- Telvu: During Theorick's time, this place was like the Wynn plains, warm and arable.
- Telvu: For some reason Theorick Twain used his immense power to freeze the land before exiling himself here.
- Telvu: We need to find out why so we can reverse this spell. Assumedly, the source of that spell's magic would be within here.
- Telvu: As such...have you heard of a place called Time Valley? We could use it to go back in time, to try to learn more about this barrier.
- Telvu: Well...in a way, at least. There are laws to this sort of magic. For one, you need an item from the specific time we want to see. Second, you can witness the past, not change it.
- Telvu: One of Theorick's staves is on display in the Nesaak bank. Assumedly, it should work for what we need. Could you retrieve it somehow?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Find the item the mage is talking about at the bank.
- You should head back to the mage with the wand.
- Telvu: Aha, quick job. I see you've the wand. Must've needed a sharp tongue to get the bankers to give it up.
- Telvu: Now, it is a long walk to Time Valley. Needn't take that walk, though, as I can teleport you there. Hopefully.
- Telvu: Doing so is exhausting. I'll only be able to do so once, so if something goes wrong, you'll have to walk back yourself.
- Telvu: Once you're there, enter the Temple of Time. You should know what to do once you are there. Careful dealing with time travel, friend... No idea what you might find.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Enter the Door of Time and travel back in time.
|Location||Door of Time||X||-585||Y||70||Z||-1172|
- This is the Temple of Time...
- Here you can visit the memories of this land...
- The altar requires an item from the time you desire to access...
- You can not return until your goal is fulfilled...
- You will access a memory as if you were present, but when you return it was as if you were never there.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Throw Theorick's Staff into the hopper (at the beacon) in the center of the Temple of Time.
» Explore Nesaak.
- 589 AP
- 411 years ago
- Psern: What the...
- Psern: Woah, your weaponry and armour is so advanced!
- Psern: Are you another Twain? Only the Twains know magic like that.
- Psern: Oh, you're looking for Theorick.
- Psern: He's busy fighting in the war, shouldn't you be doing the same?
- Psern: He went west. There was some kind of emergency.
- Psern: We've been fighting the corruption for years, it seems like it might finally engulf Nesaak.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find Theorick in the western forest.
- Theorick: I could've sworn she had gone this way... Oh, what now, more imbeciles? This forest isn't safe to travel!
- Theorick: If you need help, lodge a complaint with the guards. I'm busy and I can't exactly break away from saving this god-blessed province to chill your milk!!
- You should stick around to find out how to reverse the spell.
- Theorick: Are your ears full of wax?! I said-
- Theorick: Urgh, the things followed you! See what happens?! STAND ASIDE.
- Theorick: As though I needed TWO people to save! Now get out of here, I have to find that woman who went missing!
- ???: HEEEELP! I can't outrun them!!! Guards! Someone!!
- Theorick: Whuh! That's her voice! Where is she?! I just cleared this area!
- Girl: Th-Theorick!! There's corrupteds!!
- Theorick: Ugh, is she dragging them over from the west?! You there, If you don't want to end up frozen, GET BEHIND ME, NOW!!
- Theorick: Phew... You're out of danger now. If you hadn't left town, though, you wouldn't have been IN any danger at all!
- Theorick: Don't bother apologizing to me, just get back to town. Now.
- Theorick: Next time you feel like picking flowers in the forest, or whatever in blazes you were doing, remember you have a life to live, hm?!
- Theorick: Every day, more corrupteds, more deaths... There is only one thing for it. I have to tackle it myself. Cut the roots...and kill this hellish weed.
- Theorick: Still here? Well, listen up. Myself and a few others are planning something risky. Damned be it if our minds are lost, I need to go through that portal.
- Theorick: You look heavily geared, so I'm conscripting you. Meet us at our base, immediately. Follow the river south and you'll see a house on the right side.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Locate the base of the operation and join them.
|Location||Base of the operation||X||3738||Y||67||Z||1265|
- Theorick: Well, I'll give you this. You're prompt to listen to orders, at least. We're headed to the Roots of Corruption.
- Theorick: The last man that entered the portal and returned became Bak’al... But if there is even a fraction of a chance this could work, we must take it at this point.
- Theorick: Let's get moving. We'll be taking no breaks on the trip, so I hope you were prepared.
- Theorick: Now. The sheer cold I command can stave off corruption itself. Somehow I doubt any of you can say the same. I'll go in alone.
- Theorick: When I enter... If I had to make an assumption, corrupteds will swarm the portal after me. Your job? Slay them. I can't have distractions in there.
- Theorick: You will not be leaving your post here until I exit that portal. Understood?
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Protect the portal
- You successfully protected the Portal!
- The bridge has been fixed!
- Theorick: ...no...
- Theorick: ...no, no, no no no NO!! DAMN IT ALL!!
- Theorick: You know what happened?! I lost!! I will destroy the province if I turn completely! GET AWAY, NOW! DO YOU HEAR ME?! RUN!!
- Theorick: I... C-calm yourself, Theorick...don't...don't lose yourself to it...there's...yet a solution...one way...
- Theorick: Oh...you again...the others...dead? Run off? Cowards...urgh...
- Theorick: You live...so...eyes up. Listen to me. If I turn...w-when...when I turn...n-no, can't...gaaah, I'll destr- Nggh...
- Theorick: I won't last, you can tell... Right now...killing me is an impossibility, you idiotic weakl- Agh, GET OUT OF MY MIND!!
- Theorick: Gaaah... Tell...everyone. I will freeze this place. I...t-too fargone. It needs time to heal...and my powers m-must be dampened...frozen...
- Theorick: All worthless... Urgh, no...they yet deserve life...and this spell...it will surely claim some. Please, let them know why...
- Theorick: If I have learned anything from that insufferable f- ...from Mael...deaths without reason lets spirits to linger. I would...prefer against giving him a harder time.
- Theorick: K-keep advancing. Your things, if everyone was as strong as you...we may stand a chance. This could end me, in time, once I am weaker.
- Theorick: Let it be known...Theorick Twain is not dead. He cannot be killed...all will burn... until future days. Here, in this accursed place. Find me...and end it all.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Tell Telvu the mage what happened.
If you have Theorick's powder:
- Telvu: You must have succeeded, or you would be yet in the memory of the past. I can feel some potent magic on you.
- Telvu: So, you met Theorick? He was always said to have fallen from heroism after the great freezing.
- Telvu: Hm...wait, this flame...did you receive it from the Temple of Time? How did...what is...this is impossible, given what we know!
- Telvu: It unfreezes the entrance, you say...and...Th-Theorick...gave...he...what...? This raises so many more questions! Unless there was some other force at play...
- Telvu: Well, ruminating on that will not help. Were you able to figure out why it was Theorick froze this place, at least?
- Telvu: Wha...so many revelations...ice magic staves off corruption...? It is true that this place has seen less corrupted threats than other places in the province...
- Telvu: Dear God... We've had it all wrong this whole time... This was to protect everyone...but surely he would have told someone his intentions if he was of that sound a mind!
- Telvu: All this time, spent buried alive, wrestling with the corruption. The thought horrifies you, as well, judging by your face. Killing him would be a mercy.
- Telvu: Here. Use this. It may help protect you within the Ice Barrows... Please, soldier. Be Theorick's guardian angel. Free him from this torment.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To avoid getting killed while defending the bridge, you should focus on keeping your distance from the mobs, since whatever remains of them will automatically despawn once the fight has half a minute left. Circling around the arena should help with this.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As the lore from Lusuco’s Library says that the Twains fell one by one, some to Bak’al, and some to corruption itself, it means either Dwendle or Rickeo were personally killed by Bak’al, as Theorick fell to corruption.
- Telvu is an anagram of Selvut283, a Wynncraft GM and moderator.