- 1 Preview
- 2 Stage 1
- 3 Stage 2
- 4 Stage 3
- 5 Stage 4
- 6 Stage 5
- 7 Stage 6
- 8 Stage 7
- 9 Stage 8
- 10 Stage 9
- 11 Stage 10
- 12 Stage 11
- 13 Stage 12
- 14 Stage 13
- 15 Stage 14
- 16 Stage 15
- 17 Stage 16
- 18 Stage 17
- 19 Stage 18
- 20 Stage 19
- 21 Stage 20
- 22 Stage 21
- 23 Stage 22
- 24 Stage 23
- 25 Stage 24
- 26 Stage 25
- 27 Stage 26
- 28 Trivia
Preview[edit | edit source]
Relend is looking for an adventure and has decided to track down Captain Goldclaw's treasure on Gateway Island. On a journey with the player, the two encounter various obstacles in their adventures that they must overcome, and ultimately discover a mysterious and dark place...
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Relend.
- Relend: Let's go, just you and me! On a grand voyage across the sea!
- Relend: In search of a pirate's gold, old chap! But first we'll need a treasure map.
- Relend: I think I know where we can nab a chart, but you're going to need a lion's heart!
- Relend: Captain Goldenclaw was the best pirate to date, although eventually he met his grim fate...
- Relend: He still lies with the map we need to get our ship in motion. To find him, follow the flowers with the color of the ocean.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
Captain Goldenclaw's skeleton is located at 1182, -4169. It can be found by following the trail of blue flowers near Relend.
- Relend: Welcome back, new acquaintance of mine. Seems you managed to get that map just fine!
- Relend: Gateway Island? Must be where Goldenclaw buried his treasure. If we can find where it's hidden, it shall bring us both great pleasure!
- Relend: So how about it, shall we set sail? If you're scared to go, this is your last chance to bail!
- Relend: Hop aboard my ship so we can cross the water, Little Wing is what I like to call her.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Set sail aboard Relend’s ship.
- Relend: The excitement of this journey is making me squeal! Come and meet me by the steering wheel!
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Captain Relend aboard the Little Wing.
- Relend: Welcome aboard, I suppose I can consider you my first mate. Although, it appears we now have a problem on our plate.
- Relend: You see those spikes all around my boat? Well, we're about to ram into them like a goat!
- Relend: I'd steer around them, but it appears the wheel is broken. I need you to craft a new one before we're both soaking!
- Relend: There's a Crafting Table at the front near all the crates. Now hurry up, our valuable treasure awaits!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Bring a Wooden Board, a Center Piece, and a String to the Crafting Table.
- Using the wooden board, center piece, and string, along with the tools at the workbench, you contruct a steering wheel. You should give it to Captain Relend.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Bring the Steering Wheel to Captain Relend.
- Relend: Ah, thank you for helping me in my time of need. Let's maneuver through these spikes at a steady speed!
- Relend: Although, at the last minute, there is something I have to confess. I have never captained a ship with any success.
- Relend: I think before we get into any real danger, we should turn around. Could you man the wheel and get us back to solid ground?
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Man the wheel of the Little Wing.
- Relend: Nice steering, although your maneuvers are a bit brash. Hey, watch out! I think we're about to-
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Find Relend inside of the wreck of the Little Wing.
- Relend: As you can see, my ship has become a shipwreck! Now please help me, I am trapped in the lower deck!
- Relend: Amazing work, seems you got below deck rather quickly! You're going to have to get through this wreckage to free me!
- Relend: Wow, so you managed to work your way through after all! Maybe to free me, you can use that cannonball?
Stage 9[edit | edit source]
» Save Relend inside of the wreck of the Little Wing.
- Relend: Thank you for freeing me, now let's leave this mess! Although, I don't know how to do that, I have not even a guess.
- Relend: When the ship crashed, it was buried beneath the sand! But the good news is that we're finally back on land!
- Relend: We should probably get of this place, it feels rather small. Perhaps you can try to break through that weak spot in the wall?
Stage 10[edit | edit source]
» Exit the shipwrecked Little Wing.
- Relend: It looks like we're going to be stuck here for a while. Come and speak to me so we can find a way off of this isle!
Stage 11[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Relend on the beach.
- Relend: Gateway Island... we've finally arrived. I'm just thankful that we survived.
- Relend: Well, all this adventuring has me hungry for stew. We'll need ingredients, whatever's on the island will have to do.
- Relend: Meat is definitely something we need to reap, try and get [10 Raw Mutton] from those sheep.
- Relend: And perhaps you could get [5 Edible Mushrooms] from the western cave, just make sure not to get the kind that will send me to my grave.
- Relend: I feel like something is missing from this medley. Oh, how about you get [1 Coconut] from atop that tree?
- Relend: And if you could fetch [7 Berries], that would just make me merry!
- Relend: Check your quest book if you ever need a recap. And to make sure you don't get lost, take this map.
Stage 12[edit | edit source]
- Bring 10 Raw Mutton, 5 Edible Mushrooms, 1 Coconut, and 7 Berries to the Cooking Pot.
- Using the ingredients you acquired, you make a peculiar-looking stew. It'll have to do, you should bring it to Relend.
Stage 13[edit | edit source]
» Give the Odd Stew to Relend.
- Relend: Well, this stew has a rather odd flavor. But any food we can get here I shall savor.
- Relend: What remains of my ship won't protect us very well. We'll need to find shelter, as you can clearly tell.
- Relend: To the east, I can just barely make out a tent. Go and take a look at it for a moment.
Stage 14[edit | edit source]
» Check out the tent to the east.
- This tent is far too damaged for use. Maybe Relend has other ideas for where to stay.
Stage 15[edit | edit source]
» Report back to Relend.
- Relend: So the tent was just too run-down? All of this bad news is making me frown.
- Relend: Allow me to borrow your map for a second. We'll have to find somewhere else, I reckon.
- Relend: See if you can move the large rock at the island's center. There's likely a cave behind it for you to enter.
Stage 16[edit | edit source]
» Take a look at the boulder at the center of the island.
- This boulder is too large to move! Maybe Relend has another solution...
Stage 17[edit | edit source]
» Report back to Relend.
- Relend: You mean you couldn't move the stone? All of these problems are making me groan.
- Relend: I know we can come up with solution using our wits. Perhaps we can craft an explosive to blow that rock to bits!
- Relend: Let's think of some materials we can get here. There isn't much on this island, I fear.
- Relend: First we're going to need [5 Grainy Sand]. Where to get it? Try the beach at the back of the island.
- Relend: Next up is [Sawdust], you'll need three. I think the best place to search would be the largest tree.
- Relend: Finally, [1 Black Powder], found in a place that is very unique. You'll have to brave your way to the volcano's peak.
- Relend: You'll need those items you craft the bomb, I just told you where to look. If you forget what you need to find, check your quest book.
Stage 18[edit | edit source]
» Bring 5 Gritty Sand, 3 Saw Dust, and 1 Black Powder to the Crafting Table.
- Using the sand, saw dust, and black powder, you craft a makeshift explosive. Take it to the boulder so you can destroy it.
Stage 19[edit | edit source]
» Use the explosive on the boulder.
- Now that you have the explosive, place it in front of the boulder.
Stage 20[edit | edit source]
» Use the explosive on the boulder and enter the cave.
Stage 21[edit | edit source]
» Advance deeper into the cave.
- It looks like a portal, you should definitely take a look inside.
Stage 22[edit | edit source]
» Enter the mysterious portal.
- What is this place? Well, it looks like the portal's broken on this end so you'll have to find another way out.
Stage 23[edit | edit source]
» Find an exit from the strange place.
- Relend: Don't act so surprised, I was right behind you the whole time! I'll help you fight and maybe sing a rhyme!
Stage 24[edit | edit source]
» Accompany Relend through the strange place.
- Relend: Another portal? This is our only way out. We have to go inside, without a doubt.
Stage 25[edit | edit source]
» Go through the portal in the strange place.
- Relend: Now that we're back, we should talk. Then I'll head back to Jofash Dock.
Stage 26[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Relend.
- Relend: Seeing that you're still alive is splendid. Finally, this whole ordeal has ended.
- Relend: It's such a shame that my ship is gone. Oh well, I'll head back to the dock and build another one.
- Relend: I almost forgot, I saw a note by that portal of dread. would you mind if I tell you what it read?
- Relend: "Whoever enters this portal, beware the darkness inside." Well, I didn't see anyone else in that place, I suppose they died.
- Relend: By the way, while we were on the island, I found a chest full of gold. I'll give you a share, since there's too much for me to hold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The strange dimension is thought to be the Dern Province.
- The run-down tent contains the beginning of the first Sealed Letter, so it is believed to belong to Bob the Warrior.
- This was the only quest above Level 75 that didn't take place in the Gavel Province before the Corkus update.
- This quest still uses the old boats in the steering section, which are otherwise unobtainable.
- Relend speaks entirely in rhyme.
- When you need to guide Relend to the end of the tunnel, you can just go running ahead without needing to have Relend right behind you.
- The name of the quest is a reference to the 1966 Sci-fi/Fantasy film of the same name.