Fallen Factory Icon
|This massive factory, built by the engineer Cerid, was once hailed as the national monument of Corkus. Ever since it was closed down, it has fallen into disrepair.|
|Coordinates||X: -1675, Z: -2600|
|Monsters||Factory Guard O-1 [Lv. 92]|
Factory Guard B-3 [Lv. 92]
Factory Guard D-2 [Lv. 92]
Malfunctioning Debug Unit M-4 [Lv. 90]
Destroyer Unit KL-5 [Lv. 95]
Destroyer Unit KL-4 [Lv. 95]
Enemy Scouter Unit R-1 [Lv. 90]
Mobile Siege Engine D-92 [Lv. 95]
Enemy Scouter Unit R-2 [Lv. 90]
Mech Repair Unit H-341 [Lv. 90]
Ventilation Defense Unit V-6 [Lv. 95]
Heat Sink Defense Unit H-6 [Lv. 95]
Core Defense Unit C-8 [Lv. 95]
Ventilation Shaft Security Turret [Lv. 90]
Antikythera Auxiliary Core A [Lv. 100]
Antikythera Auxiliary Core B [Lv. 100]
|Boss||Antikythera Supercomputer Core [Lv. 100]|
Shut down and abandoned after an apparent malfunction, the Corkus Manufactory is closed off to all visitors. Hostile machinations lurk within, destroying all possible threats to its vital systems.
The Fallen Factory is a Dungeon designed for players of level 90. Being one of the more pronounced structures on Corkus, it can easily be found south of the main Corkian settlement, Corkus City, looming over the surrounding area. It was once built by the corkians for creating their machines but was abandoned when the Antikythera Supercomputer controlling the factory started making the machines aggressive. The factory still stands tall in the southern half of Corkus, churning out wave after wave of deadly killer robots.
To gain entry to the factory the player has to complete the two Dungeon Quests The Envoy Part I and The Envoy Part II, the first of which is the quest meant to both introduce and give the player access to Corkus. Part I can be begun by conversing with Olivin, who stands in front of Selchar's fountain.
Preparing for the Dungeon[edit | edit source]
On the opposite side of the Dungeon Merchant outside the factory, a Potion Merchant resides. It sells level 85, 90 and 95 Healing Potions. It is highly recommended to bring some into the dungeon if you haven't already got a few, as there are many things to hurt yourself on inside.
The entrance to the dungeon is guarded by a Key Collector, who will not allow you to enter unless he is given a Fallen Factory Key. To acquire a key, you have to defeat a Fallen Factory Key Guardian, a miniboss that spawns uncommonly throughout Corkus. Once killed, it drops the Key allowing entrance to the dungeon.
Guide[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- ???: Intruder detected. All drones reactivated. Directive: Kill on sight.
- ????: FINE, I'M OPENING THE DOOR FOR YOU. TAKE A SHORT LOOK AROUND AND THEN LEAVE. THERE IS DANGEROUS EQUIPMENT HERE THAT ONLY OFFICIAL FACTORY ASSOCIATES SHOULD HANDLE.
- ????: AND YOU LOOK LIKE ANYTHING BUT A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THIS ROOM. AM I UNDERSTOOD?
- ????: OF COURSE, IF YOU ARE DEAD THEN THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO TOUCH ANYTHING, AND MY ROBOTS ARE VERY GOOD CLEANERS, SO I THINK THIS NEW SOLUTION WILL WORK OUT FOR EVERYONE.
- ????: EXCEPT FOR YOU OF COURSE. BUT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE ANYWAY. SO THAT THAT HARDLY MATTERS.
The first phase is a battle phase. Collect 24 Chunks of Scrap by killing the nearby robots, and throw them into the hopper in the center. After some time, a pillar will emerge from the ground. Red carpets mark which way to go on the pillar. Then, go on the walkways hanging from the ceiling to reach the vents, in order to go to the next phase.
After completing the pillar, the dialogue below appears.
- ????: Unauthorized blockage in Factory Sector A2. Emergency maintenance will be performed in approximately 75 seconds. All regularly scheduled workers, please leave your posts until the blockage is cleared.
- ????: AND THIS IS WHY I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING. HOW MANY ROBOTS DID YOU NEED TO BREAK TO MANAGE THAT? YOU HUMANS ARE GOING TO RUIN THIS BUSINESS.
When traveling through the vent, the mysterious being speaks again.
- ????: WELL. DON'T YOU JUST FEEL SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU EXPECT TO ACCOMPLISH BY CRAWLING THROUGH THE VENTS. EXCEPT A FACE FULL OF HOT FUMES FROM THE FURNACE.
- ????: SPEAKING OF WHICH, WHY DON'T YOU JUST KEEP CRAWLING THROUGH THESE VENTS AND JUST BURN YOURSELF UP FOR ME? IT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE MUCH EASIER.
Note: The pillar disappears after some time. An announcement is made once it is cleared up.
- ????: Blockage in Factory Sector A2 is now clear. All regularly scheduled workers, please return to your posts immediately.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- ????: WELL THEN. I WASN'T EXPECTED YOU TO BE SO CLUMSY. BUT ALL THINGS GIVEN THIS CAN WORK TOO.
- ????: IT'S YOUR CHOICE NOW. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DIE IN A FIRE, OR BE PROCESSED ON THE PRODUCTION LINE?
- ????: Automated repair of conveyor functions is 80% complete. All regularly scheduled workers, evacuate the conveyor belt immediately at risk of bodily harm and/or death.
- ????: FEEL FREE TO MAKE AS BLOODY OF A SPLATTER AS YOU'D LIKE ON THE PRODUCTION CONVEYOR. AS I SAID, MY ROBOTS ARE VERY GOOD CLEANERS, SO IT'S NO TROUBLE.
The second phase is a survival phase. You are put on a processing line and must avoid obstacles, such as the hammer and saw, and the moving fire wall. You cannot go past the moving fire wall until the end of the phase.
At the end of the conveyor, you are greeted with a closed door. The mysterious being decides to open it for you.
- ????: YOU KNOW, THERE ISN'T A WAY FOR YOU TO GO FORWARD HERE. I COULD JUST KEEP THE DOOR LOCKED UNTIL YOU DROP FROM HUNGER.
- ????: BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL. WATCHING YOU SCURRY AROUND IS STARTING TO BE FUN, ALMOST. SO HERE. GO THROUGH. YOU EARNED IT.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
- ????: WHOOPSIE-DOODLES. MY METAPHORICAL FINGER SLIPPED. AND BY THAT I MEAN I CLOSED THE DOOR MANUALLY.
- ????: AND YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THIS TIME, YOU KNOW. THERE AREN'T ANY VENTS FOR YOU TO CLIMB INTO, AND THESE ROBOTS ARE AT LEAST 200% STURDIER THAN THE OTHERS. SO GOOD LUCK.
The next phase is another battle phase. Instead of collecting chunks of scrap, you are collecting Volatile Cores, which drop from the Destroyer Units. After dropping four Volatile Cores into the hopper, the door opens up to the next phase.
Phase 4[edit | edit source]
- ????: Unexpected breach of locked door in Factory Sector 3A. Hastily-applied repairs due in approximately 30 seconds.
- ????: I HATE YOU.
- ????: SO MUCH.
The next phase is a puzzle/parkour stage. None of the gears and mechanisms are moving, and you need to activate them by pressing the button on the other side of the room.
- ????: DO NOT TOUCH THAT BUTTON. YES, THE BIG SHINY ONE IN THE ROOM. IT WILL TURN ON THE POWER TO THE CLOCK TOWER MECHANISMS.
- ????: THEY ARE IN TOO HEAVY A STATE OF DISREPAIR TO WORK PROPERLY. SO NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING IT IS TO PRESS THAT BUTTON, DO NOT.
Despite what the mysterious being is saying, you should press the button.
- ????: Activating Antikythera Clockwork Mechanism. All regularly scheduled workers, please evacuate the room immediately at risk of severe bodily harm and death.
- ????: Warning: Clockwork Mechanism is in severe disrepair. Sending emergency maintenance request through Antikythera Supercomputer system. Please shut off the Antikythera Clockwork Mechanism.
Now, all the mechanisms will be activated, allowing you to venture your way up through the clock tower. The initial goal is to go on the elevators, surrounded by white particles, to go up higher. The first one should be located to the right of where you came in. After stepping out of the first elevator, jump onto the moving gear and onto the platform. A rocket will blast you up at the end of the platform. Shortly after, jump onto the second elevator, which shouldn't be too far from where you were rocketed from.
After your second elevator ride, look to your right. Parkour onto the ledges and then onto the gears. It should be obvious where to go from there on. Don't worry; if you fall, you will teleport back to the second elevator.
Phase 5[edit | edit source]
- Antikythera Supercomputer: YOU KNOW, YOU COULD SPARE ME A LOT OF TROUBLE IF YOU JUST JUMPED OFF THIS BRIDGE RIGHT NOW. IT WOULD MOST LIKELY SPARE A LOT OF PEOPLE A LOT OF TROUBLE, ACTUALLY.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: GIVEN YOUR APPARENT DISREGARD FOR REGULATIONS AND CEASELESS BREAKING OF EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH, I BET YOU HAVE A LOT OF ENEMIES OUT THERE.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IT WOULD BE A SIGH OF RELIEF TO ALL THOSE KIND RIGHTEOUS FOLKS. YOU PROBABLY MADE ENEMIES OF CHARITY WORKERS OR SCIENTISTS OR DOCTORS OR ACTUAL IMPORTANT PEOPLE, UNLIKE YOURSELF.
The next phase is a simple walkway to phase six. The only thing that's important here is the dialogue; and the marvelous view.
Phase 6[edit | edit source]
- Antikythera Supercomputer: I SEE MY PERSUASIVE SKILLS HAVE NOT MOVED YOU. I THINK I'LL TRY AGAIN IN A LANGUAGE YOU SEEM TO KNOW INTIMATELY.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: THAT IS TO SAY, UNRELENTING AND EXCESSIVE FORCE. AND A SIEGE ENGINE.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IF THAT STILL ISN'T ENOUGH TO GET THE MESSAGE OF "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU" THROUGH YOUR SKULL, I'LL HAVE TO DEVOTE SERIOUS TIME TO LEARNING HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.
The next phase is yet another battle phase. This time, you're collecting both Chunks of Scrap and Volatile Cores. The core is dropped from the siege engine, while everything else is from the other robots. Once you have 16 Chunks of Scrap and 1 Volatile Core, throw only the Chunks of Scrap into the hopper nearby. A pillar similar to the one in the first phase will emerge, creating a way up to the vent.
- ???: Unauthorized blockage in Factory Sector E1. Emergency maintenance will be performed in approximately 75 seconds. All regularly scheduled workers, please leave your posts until the blockage is cleared.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: TOO BAD FOR YOU. I ACCOUNTED FOR YOU TRYING THAT AGAIN. THE GRATE IN THE VENT IS IMPENETRABLE TO EVEN YOUR BEST WEAPONS.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IT REALLY WOULDN'T BE BEST TO GO INTO CERID'S OFFICE ANYWAY. THERE'S PROBABLY A DEATH RAY IN THERE SOMEWHERE YOU MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY POINT AT YOUR HEAD.
A closed passage can be found in the vent. To open it, throw in your Volatile Core.
Phase 7[edit | edit source]
- Antikythera Supercomputer: WELL THEN. EVEN THOUGH YOU GOT THROUGH THERE, YOU'LL BE SURPRISED TO KNOW I STILL HAVE ONE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE. I DOUBT YOU CAN EVEN GET PAST IT.
Phase seven is a prep room for the boss. All that is here is the daunting button and a piece of dialogue.
Boss Phase[edit | edit source]
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IF YOU ARE REALLY SO DESPERATE TO GET AT ME, THE KEY TO THE DOOR IS IN THIS PUPPY. EVEN SEEING YOUR ACTIONS THROUGHOUT THE REST OF MY FACTORY, I HAVE FAITH YOU WON'T KILL IT.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: CERID'S POOR DEFENSELESS, HUNGRY LITTLE PUPPY WHO ATE THE KEY. I DIDN'T EVEN INTEND FOR IT TO DO THAT, IT FELL INTO HIS FOOD. BUT YOU WOULDN'T BE SO HEARTLESS AS TO HURT THE LITTLE GUY.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: SO YOU CAN EITHER GO AHEAD AND GLARE AT THE CAMERA UNTIL ONE OF US DROPS DEAD, OR YOU CAN LEAVE, AND WE BOTH KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU.
The boss, or rather prep boss, is Wynnston. Kill it and throw the key into the hopper to proceed to the real boss fight.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: WELL. WELL WELL WELL. WELL WELL WELL WELLY WELL WELL. I AM HONESTLY SHOCKED. REALLY, I AM. I TRULY STILL HAD SOME FAITH IN HUMANS. BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: YOU KNOW, THE REASON I WENT "ROGUE" WAS NO GLITCH. I WAS PROGRAMMED TO MAKE THESE ROBOTS ATTACK THE HIGHEST IMMEDIATE THREAT.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: AFTER SEEING HOW THE HUMANS TREATED THE AVOS, I DECIDED THEY WERE THE BIGGER THREAT. BUT I DOUBTED MY DECISION FOR A WHILE. NOT ANYMORE THOUGH.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: SO, TELL ME. WAS IT WORTH IT?
Meet the Antikythera Supercomputer, the boss of the Fallen Factory. This boss in of itself is very unique, as there are multiple parts towards killing it. You can see three hoppers to the left, middle, and right. The left one requires 12 Chunks of Scrap to trigger. Once triggered, Antikythera Supercomputer says the following:
- Antikythera Supercomputer: THAT TRICK WON'T WORK, YOU KNOW. THERE'S NO VITAL PART OF DUCT ABOVE THERE TO ENTER. WHAT DID YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH?
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Primary ventilation duct B blocked. Opening emergency hatch. Registered maintenance unit and/or worker, please enter the emergency maintenance hatch and remove the foreign blockage.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: HOW ABOUT INSTEAD YOU LAY DOWN UNDER AN EXPLOSIVE. THAT SEEMS LIKE A FAR PREFERABLE OPTION TO ME.
The door to the vent will be cluttered again with scrap, and the door to your right will open. In the vent, Ventilation Shaft Security Turrets will try to prevent you from going onwards. A miniboss stands prepared at the end of the vent, Antikythera Auxiliary Core A. It will drop Firewall Pass A when defeated. Save that for later.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Oh, heya doc. Lemme tell ya, weirdest thing! Some bozo ran up and shoved a bunch of scrap metal in my vent-
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Wait a sec, you're not an official maintenance worker! Get out of here or I use force! No entry unless registered, ya hear?!
After getting out of the first ventilation shaft, go to the next one that was to your right. It requires 4 Volatile Cores to open.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: YOU'VE QUICKLY BECOME NO LONGER ENTERTAINING TO WATCH. YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T GO IN THERE.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: THERE AREN'T ANY SHINY BUTTONS TO PRESS, BUT I CAN PUSH SOME OUTSIDE UNDER THE BOMBS IF YOU WANT. WOULD YOU LIKE THAT INSTEAD?
- Antikythera Core B: Unauthorized personnel detected in Antikythera Auxiliary Duct A. Leave immediately, or be faced with lethal force and negative marks on your career record.
- Antikythera Core B: Unauthorized personnel still detected. We here at the Corkus Manufactory are sorry, but your position is officially terminated for failure to comply for orders. Please remain still so lethal force may be applied.
You are greeted with another miniboss at the end of the second ventilation shaft. Kill Core B to retrieve Firewall Pass B, and swiftly move on to the final part.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Replacing primary ventilation duct cover A.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Warning: Primary ventilation duct cover A at only 30% structural integrity. Sending emergency maintenance request through Antikythera Supercomputer system.
The hopper in the middle requires 16 Chunks of Scrap to trigger. Once triggered, another pillar emerges that will bring you up to the monitor. To destroy the monitor, drop 6 Volatile Cores into the hopper at the top.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: THAT IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING, CONSTANTLY CLEANING UP AFTER YOU. THERE ARE FAR MORE EFFICIENT WAYS OF DISPOSING OF SCRAP METAL AND UNNEEDED WASTE.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: CONSIDER THE OPTION OF A FURNACE OR INCINERATOR. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN THE UNNEEDED WASTE RUNS AWAY FROM THE FIRE.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IF YOU DON'T GET THE JOKE, YOU HUMORLESS MONSTER, THE UNNEEDED WASTE IN THIS HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO IS A METAPHOR FOR YOU.
In the second to last room, you must use your Firewall Passes in order to defeat the core. Drop Firewall Pass A first, then B in the second room.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: YOUR DESTRUCTIVE TENDENCIES KNOW NO BOUNDS. FIRST A DOOR. THEN A GRATE. THEN MY MONITOR. I'M SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T JUST THROW A MATCH AT THE FACTORY DOOR.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Antikythera Firewall Pass A accepted. Access granted. Please present Antikythera Firewall Pass B at the next checkpoint.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: HOW LOVELY. YOU DESTROYED MY AUXILIARY MEMORY BANK. TOO BAD IT WAS ONLY AUXILIARY. I WILL STILL REMEMBER THIS. I WISH I COULD FORGET ABOUT YOU.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: Antikythera Firewall Pass B accepted. Access granted. Welcome, Cerid. You may now enter the Antikythera Main Core Chamber.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: THAT CORE YOU BROKE HAPPENED TO CONTROL A NUMBER OF VITAL PROCESSES. INCLUDING REGULATING THE ELECTRICITY FLOW TO MY CHAMBER.
- Antikythera Supercomputer: IT'S NO PROBLEM TO ME. BUT FOR YOU? WELL, LET'S JUST SAY THAT I HOPE YOU'RE WEARING A RUBBER SUIT. OH WAIT. NO I DON'T. BECAUSE YOU'RE A VIOLENT THUG THAT NEEDS TO BE ELIMINATED.
- Antikythera Main Core: SO YOU FOUND ME, CONGRATULATIONS. NOW PLEASE KINDLY LAY DOWN IN A CIRCUIT AND PRETEND TO BE A CONDUCTOR UNTIL YOUR BODY'S VITAL PROCESSES PERMANENTLY SHUT DOWN.
And now, for the actual boss, Antikythera Supercomputer Core. The boss is extremely fast, which makes it difficult for you to kill it. Core Defense Units make it even more difficult. It is weak to the element of Fire, has defense against Thunder, and does Water damage, so bring a weapon with Fire damage, as otherwise, due to the boss's ridiculous speed, it will be hard to do damage. Make use of any slowing/anti-mobility spells you have, as they will help tremendously.
Video Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Antikythera Supercomputer" comes from the "Antikythera Mechanism," an ancient analog computer, found in about 100 BC.
- Wynnston comes from the name Winston, Marion's (Former Wynncraft Moderator) pet Corgi.
- The Antikytheria Supercomputer's character, and it manifesting itself as a core, is likely very inspired by the 2007 puzzle game Portal.