Elements, as of their release in the 1.14 Gavel Expansion, have been a key component to Wynncraft's combat system. They play a major role in many aspects of the game including Weapons, Armour, Accessories, Mobs, Skill Points, Powders, and Potions. There are currently five nature-based elements implemented: Earth, Thunder, Water, Fire, and Air but recently there's has been a leak in a quest from the 1.19 that there might be a Dark and Light element in wynncraft from the quest A Journey Beyond.
In the game, there are elemental defense and elemental damage stats for each element. Elemental damage is almost exactly like extra regular damage that is binded to a specific element. However, having elemental defense of the same element will reduce the amount taken.
The Elements[edit | edit source]
✹ Fire[edit | edit source]
The Fire element is linked to the Defense stat and is generally identified with the Warrior class. Its play-style focuses around having a lot of health while not dealing the most amount of damage. Equipment associated with this element usually have considerable health boosts, Health Regen, Life Steal, and Exploding bonuses.
❋ Air[edit | edit source]
The Air element is linked to the Agility stat and is generally identified with the Archer class. Its play-style focuses around moving quickly and dodging attacks. Equipment associated with this element usually have increased walk speed bonuses.
❉ Water[edit | edit source]
The Water element is linked to the Intelligence stat and is generally identified with the Mage class. Its play-style focuses around favoring stronger spells in exchange for weaker basic attacks. Equipment associated with this element usually have increased Mana Regen, Mana Steal, and Spell Damage bonuses.
✤ Earth[edit | edit source]
The Earth element is linked to the Strength stat and is generally associated with the Warrior class. Its play-style focuses around dealing a lot of damage with basic attacks, with the drawback of slowed attack speed and movement. Equipment associated with this element will usually have increased Melee Damage and Poison bonuses, decreased Walk Speed and Attack Speed bonuses, Thorns bonuses, decreased Spell Damage bonuses, and may deal more damage.
✦ Thunder[edit | edit source]
The Thunder element is linked to the Dexterity stat and is generally identified with the Assassin class. Its play-style focuses around having very fast attack speed with the drawback of reduced damage per hit to compensate for it. It is also the most luck-based out of all the elements. Equipment associated with this element will usually have increased Attack Speed bonuses and a large range of identification bonuses due to the factor of luck.
Mobs[edit | edit source]
Many of the mobs in the game are currently not affiliated with elements. However, some special mobs, particularly Bosses and those of the Gavel Province, can have up to three types of elemental stats:
- Dam - Elements under this category annotate extra elemental damage a mob may inflict upon a player. This damage, however, may be reduced if the player has elemental defense for the specific element.
- Def - Mobs with elements under this category are more immune to elemental damage of said elements. Therefore, elemental damage players inflict onto these mobs is reduced, sometimes to the point where elemental damage is completely nullified.
- Weak - Mobs with elements under this category are more exposed to elemental damage of said elements. Therefore, elemental damage players inflict onto these mobs is increased.
Special mobs display their elemental stats along with the element icons for them next to their nametags.
Powders[edit | edit source]
Every powder correlates to a certain element. Using powders on weapons and armor can boost elemental defense and damage, but take away elemental strengths of the opposite element (ex: Earth powders take away Thunder damage). Using 2 powders of tier IV or higher on weapons and armor will unlock special powder buffs and abilities.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Tantibus's Element/Combat Guide can be found here
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In The Qira Hive, there are different divisions that each pertain to an element.
- Qira and Bob have elemental defense and damage for every single element.
- There used to be elemental mini-dungeons scattered around Gavel, but these were removed in the Gameplay Update.
- There is one hidden element, “ ❂Darkness” and it is revealed in A Journey Beyond quest.