Preview[edit | edit source]
Ragon is conducting a study about elements, and he wants the player to help him. He tells the player to kill mobs that are vulnerable to ✹ Fire, and to bring the drops to him.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Ragon on the south-east end of the Nivla Woods.
- Ragon: Ah! Finally! I've been waiting for a recruit like yourself to turn up.
- Ragon: We're running experiments to improve our arsenal in the war effort.
- Ragon: We've captured a cave beast in a cage over there. We believe certain magical weapons will harm them more than others.
- Ragon: Let me explain. That cave creature is living root, it contains the properties of ✤ Earth.
- Ragon: Now in theory, it should be weak to ✹ Fire. These elemental attributes are not uncommon.
- Ragon: Let's test it out shall we? Take this book and exchange it for a ✹ Fire infused weapon.
- Ragon: Use it on the creature and I'll study whatever remains you give me.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Test your ✹ Fire based weapon on the captured creature by the tree.
- Ragon: Interesting, it completely destroyed the beast. It seems our theories might be correct.
- Ragon: But no experiment is viable on just one test subject. I need you to test it on more earth creatures. They hide in a cave behind the hill.
- Ragon: We got the creature we captured from deep within the cave, so you will have to go a bit deeper as well.
- Ragon: There is a root in the way, but I'm sure you can handle that. A good sample would be [10 Scorched Roots], just to make sure the theory is true.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Bring Ragon 10 Scorched Roots from the cave.
- Ragon: Hey, wake up.
- Ragon: Is everything alright? We felt the cave collapse! We came down as soon as possible!
- Ragon: The ground is engulfed. You will have to find another way out of this cave.
- Ragon: Forget about the [10 Scorched Roots]. It's not important right now. Just exit to safety! Oh, and I almost forgot. I was going to give you this when you completed the task, but you should take it anyways, considering you just almost died.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find another way out of the cave.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Return to Ragon's camp.
You should rendezvous with Ragon's back at camp to let him know you are alive.
- Ragon: Good to see you made it out, would you mind giving your fire weapon back to Suri and then bring me his study results?
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Trade in your ✹ Fire weapon and give the Study Results to Ragon.
- Ragon: Thank you, I guess you can use this, it's not a lot but we are not the richest scientists around, sorry for all the trouble we put you through.
- Ragon: Allow me to share our findings. It would seem elemental mobs come in different varieties and forms across the whole world, including Gavel.
- Ragon: Depending on the type, they will be stronger or weaker to whatever elemental weapon you use.
- Ragon: However, they will never be immune to your neutral damage, but as you saw with the roots, the fire weapon did exponentially more damage.
- Ragon: You can specify your element in your skill points, and there is a tower in Wynn where you are able to reset them, should you want to change. There are 5 element types we have discovered so far:
- Ragon: ❋ Air, ✦ Thunder, ✤ Earth, ✹ Fire, and ❉ Water. Each one of those is useful in their own way. I hope this information helps you in the war, good luck.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You don't actually have to get a ✹ Fire weapon from the ✹ Fire Merchant, if you have have a weapon powerful enough to kill the captured creature, you can keep the book in your inventory and save you times at the end of the quest.