Preview[edit | edit source]
Ragon is conducting a study about elements, and he wants the player to help him. He tells the player to kill mobs that are vulnerable to ✹ Fire, and to bring the drops to him.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Ragon on the south-east end of the Nivla Woods.
- Ragon: Ah! Finally! I've been waiting for a recruit like yourself to turn up.
- Ragon: We're running experiments to improve our arsenal in the war effort.
- Ragon: We've captured a cave beast in a cage over there. We believe certain magical weapons will harm them more than others.
- Ragon: Let me explain. That cave creature is living root, it contains the properties of ✤ Earth.
- Ragon: Now in theory, it should be weak to ✹ Fire. These elemental attributes are not uncommon.
- Ragon: Let's test it out shall we? Take this book and exchange it for a ✹ Fire infused weapon.
- Ragon: Use it on the creature and I'll study whatever remains you give me.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Test your ✹ Fire based weapon on the Captured Root Golem by the tree.
- Ragon: Interesting, it completely destroyed the beast. It seems our theories might be correct.
- Ragon: But no experiment is viable on just one test subject. I need you to test it on more earth creatures. They hide in a cave behind the hill.
- Ragon: We got the creature we captured from deep within the cave, so you will have to go a bit deeper as well.
- Ragon: There is a root in the way, but I'm sure you can handle that. A good sample would be [10 Scorched Roots], just to make sure the theory is true.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Bring Ragon 10 Scorched Roots from the cave.
- Ragon: Hey, wake up.
- Ragon: Is everything alright? We felt the cave collapse! We came down as soon as possible!
- Ragon: The ground is engulfed. You will have to find another way out of this cave.
- Ragon: Forget about the [10 Scorched Roots]. It's not important right now. Just exit to safety! Oh, and I almost forgot. I was going to give you this when you completed the task, but you should take it anyways, considering you just almost died.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find another way out of the cave.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Return to Ragon's camp.
You should rendezvous with Ragon's back at camp to let him know you are alive.
- Ragon: Good to see you made it out, would you mind giving your fire weapon back to Suri and then bring me his study results?
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Trade in your ✹ Fire weapon and give the Study Results to Ragon.
- Ragon: Thank you, I guess you can use this, it's not a lot but we are not the richest scientists around, sorry for all the trouble we put you through.
- Ragon: Allow me to share our findings. It would seem elemental mobs come in different varieties and forms across the whole world, including Gavel.
- Ragon: Depending on the type, they will be stronger or weaker to whatever elemental weapon you use.
- Ragon: However, they will never be immune to your neutral damage, but as you saw with the roots, the fire weapon did exponentially more damage.
- Ragon: You can specify your element in your skill points, and there is a tower in Wynn where you are able to reset them, should you want to change. There are 5 element types we have discovered so far:
- Ragon: ❋ Air, ✦ Thunder, ✤ Earth, ✹ Fire, and ✽ Water. Each one of those is useful in their own way. I hope this information helps you in the war, good luck.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You don't actually have to get a ✹ Fire weapon from the ✹ Fire Merchant, if you have have a weapon powerful enough to kill the captured creature, you can keep the book in your inventory and save you times at the end of the quest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tower that Ragon mentions is the Tower of Amnesia, but since The Gameplay Update that added this quest, you can also reset your Skill Points in your compass menu without having to buy an expensive Skill Reset Scroll in the tower.
- Nothing will happens if you give Ragon 10 Scorched Root from repeatedly killing the caged mob.