Dwarves and Doguns Part IV
|Dwarves and Doguns Part IV|
Dwarves and Doguns Part IV is a long quest taking place in the Molten Heights area. It is the fourth and final quest in the Molten Heights storyline.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The war between the Dwarves and Doguns is just moments away, with one final chance of stopping it.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Korzim: <Playername>...Do you have...the staff? And the amulet...?
- Korzim: The war is starting... and Axelus... He has not returned.
- Korzim: We can not go... Not without him. Find him... And bring him to the... Dogun village.
- Korzim: I can not leave. The guard...it is on high alert. He was last at Rodoroc...yes?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Head to Rodoroc and look for Axelus.
- Soldier: The first group has already started their climb, let's hurry.
- Rodoroc Citizen: Hey! Everyone, the king has someone in the cage! It's been years since we used it!
- Rodoroc Citizen: Wait, that's Axelus up there!! The king locked up his son?! What in the world?
- Rodoroc Citizen: I heard he was consorting with demons, but that can't possibly be true, can it?
- Axelus: For the last time, they are not demons!! Gods, I've been telling you this whole time! Not even my father will listen to reason!
- Axelus: If I don't get freed we're doomed, you hear me?! We won't survive another war! As your prince I demand to be freed!
- Axelus: Listen, the statues are climbable and there's a control panel for the lava siphons near them! Now help me so we all don't die!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Free Axelus and escape the city.
- Rodoroc Citizen: Wait, that human just defaced the hero's monument!! Are they working with the demons too?
- Axelus: <Playername> ! I didn't think you'd be back, but we need to leave, now! Meet me outside!
- Axelus: <Playername>! Over here, to the right! By the cannon! I'm commandeering this thing.
- Axelus: We need to get up to the Doguns before the Dwarves begin their assault, or before the Doguns take their last resort.
- Axelus: Get in the cannon, now! You've got your armour, you might end up charred and covered in soot but you'll be fine!
- Axelus: Don't tell anyone we shot ourselves out of a cannon, I'll never live it down. Now come on, to the Dogun village, hurry!
- Axelus: If the Doguns are taking their last resort and summoning Garaheth, then we've got two sides to stop at once...basically, the odds are astronomically against us.
- Axelus: That means you do what you need to do, no matter what. Understood? If we can stop this madness then the casualties won't have died for nothing! Now move!
- A hole in the wall has been opened...
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Reach the portal and stop Garaheth.
- Axelus: WAIT, STOP THE-
- Dogun Chieftain: Quiet. Dwarven whelp...we will not go quietly. AWAKEN.
- Axelus: I can't believe this... That bone was part of the ritual?! Agh, how could we have been so STUPID! You're all lucky we prepared for this!!
- Axelus: You need to get inside him. He's still chained! The amulet will protect you from the heat! Freeze him from the inside out!!
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Enter the body of Garaheth.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Find all 4 organs and destroy them.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Leave Garaheth and exit his realm.
- Axelus: EVERYONE, STOP THIS! RIGHT NOW!! IT'S OVER!!
- Axelus: Open your eyes for once in your lives!! You see that?! Behind me! THAT was going to be the end result!
- Axelus: Garaheth would have killed every one of us, damn it! Are you that short-sighted that you can't see this?!
- Axelus: Everyone here is to blame, except the human who helped stop this! The Doguns were already exiled, they wouldn't have hurt anyone!
- Axelus: But we couldn't just let ANYTHING be! You always need more glory, more, more, MORE! Don't you, Draani? I'm ashamed to be your lineage!
- Axelus: And you, Doguns! I...I pitied you. You were wronged, but you resort to this? You'd doom the world over to spite the Dwarves? Is that it?!
- Dogun Chieftain: Whelp. You do not understand. To be persecuted...and see your people tortured...hunted.
- Dwarven Commander: You all deserve it! You attacked out [sic] ancestors for sport! Eye for an eye, have you heard of it? It's only fair!
- Dogun Chieftain: Imbeciles...your stories are not true. We... We lived through the war. You took everything...and suffered none.
- Axelus: I've been trying to tell BOTH of you that the monarchy has been spreading lies for centuries! One bad king doesn't mean the whole species is a loss!
- Dogun Chieftain: Shut your mouth. Even now...you trample on the bones of our god... You have taken everything from us...
- Dogun Chieftain: This earth is stained by you. We...we shall burn you...and scatter your ash to the wind.
- Axelus: DON'T YOU DARE! STOP, RIGHT NOW!
- Korzim: Axelus!
- Korzim: ...he..
- Korzim: You would... You would kill a savior...?
- King of Rodoroc: No, no! No no no, this can't be happening! H-Hang on, we'll save you, I...I'll do something, I...
- King of Rodoroc: Y-You DEMONS! MONSTERS! I'll avenge you, Axelus, j-just give me time-
- Axelus: AGH, SHUT UP! SHUT...ack... Q-Quiet. Listen to one damn word from my mouth, Draani... For once in your miserable life
- Axelus: Tell. The. TRUTH!! G-gaagh...you know that's th...the only way to stop this. Swallow your pride, you...old fool...
- King of Rodoroc: I...I... Axelus... He...he called me Draani...why did...?
- King of Rodoroc: Men, stand down. This... This war is over! I will not have one more life lost! Touch the Doguns and I'll personally behead you!
- King of Rodoroc: Chief, I...I ask of you but an hour of your time. If you are willing to negotiate...
- A few hours later...
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Speak with the King of Rodoroc and the Dogun Chieftain.
- King of Rodoroc: Ah, you've arrived. I...actually remember you from earlier. So you and...
- King of Rodoroc: A-and...
- King of Rodoroc: ...you knew my son. Were helping him try to put an end to this, before everything was too far gone. Heh...apologies, for that.
- King of Rodoroc: Paku and I have had a long discussion about the wisdom of youth over the old. You all were right. I needed to swallow my pride.
- Dogun Chieftain: We agreed upon a peace treaty... A new city... The Dwarves will aid us in building it.
- Dogun Chieftain: All hostilities...will end. My people will...be free to roam the caverns. It has been...too long.
- King of Rodoroc: And the entombed Doguns at Courag will be reconstituted, as well, supposing that is a possibility.
- King of Rodoroc: Every king, since my so-far-great grandfather, Draani Thunderwill, has battled with their morality over the lies told to my people.
- King of Rodoroc: It ends here, with the name Draani VIII. It will take time, but the bloodshed has proven things must begin to change now.
- King of Rodoroc: You and the coalition have saved the Heights, and Gavel. In Maex, you will find a stall to trade valuable minerals. You will be granted special Dwarven privileges to purchase it now.
- King of Rodoroc: Though that is...almost certainly not enough a reward for everything you have done...sincerely. Thank you, Wynn soldier.
Tips[edit | edit source]
If you die inside Garaheth, just go through the portal to attempt the bossfight again.