Desperate Metal is a medium level 86 quest that occurs on the Corkus Shore, near Relos.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Mechs have ransacked and destroyed Phinas' house, and he enlists the help of the player to destroy the 3 mechs and find out who was behind them.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Phinas.
- Phinas: Oh my...
- Phinas: LOOK AT MY HOUSE!
- Phinas: A bunch of stupid mechs came here and just started ransacking!
- Phinas: Looks like a bunch of despermechs. That's what we call junk mechs, trying to survive.
- Phinas: I count three different mech marks. Looks like they split up once they got their parts.
- Phinas: You got to help me here, I'm no warrior. Look they've dropped crates on their escape. Follow them and bring me back evidence that you destroyed them and I shall reward you.
- Phinas: Three trails, three thieving despermechs. Be careful, they aren't to be underestimated.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Locate the 3 mechs by following the trails of tools, return to Phinas with evidence that you destroyed the mechs.
- Phinas: You Wynn folk sure know your fights.
- Phinas: You found all three? Let's take a look. Hm....
- Phinas: Wait. These aren't Despermechs.. The factory fell over two years ago. These are brand new. Handmade.
- Phinas: Let's take a closer look.
- Phinas: Would you look at that! Their code!
- Phinas: Here, have them back. Take a close look at the names of these parts.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Find out where to go by looking at the pieces of junk.
- Nettik: What are these? I have nothing to do with them!
- Nettik: Ahh.. Well now that I think of it writing my location on these parts was a bit stupid.
- Nettik: Those mechs were my creation. Corkus can still live with machines.
- Nettik: The factory was a disaster. That's what happens when a machine controls a machine.
- Nettik: I am living proof that humans can control them. Make use of them.
- Nettik: The metal shortage has made it difficult to make my machines... Not to mention the new laws..
- Nettik: If you want to turn me in fine. You'll find all the evidence you need under my pillow.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Search Nettik's lighthouse.
- ???: Stranger detected... Security systems activated.
- ???: Prepare for fall in 3
- ???: 2
- ???: 1
- ???: Get ready.
- Why does she have a secret base under her bed?
- Nettik: I'm sorry it ended up like this, you should've just ignored that old man.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find the fourth mech.
- Big Boss Mech-DM666: I was made to be angry. I can't stop myself...
- Big Boss Mech-DM666: Prepare for destruc...*vz=Låß¿[øL8ahelp.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Return to Phinas.
- Phinas: Did you find the source of those odd handmade mechs?
- Phinas: Nettik? The Light House owner? It's not overly surprising.
- Phinas: She always did complain about the mech ban.
- Phinas: You see, many of the Corkian people rely on their machines. Have done for years.
- Phinas: So when the factory fell and the new laws were introduced, people's lives changed..
- Phinas: People don't like change. Anyway, I can't thank you enough. Have this for your troubles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Phinas is an anagram of the Wynncraft Builder and QA Snipah.
- Nettik is an anagram of the Wynncraft GM Kitten (AscendedKitten).
- On Stage 5 the text which is obscured reads "I-LOVE-CATS".