The Realm of Dern
|The Realm of Dern|
|Dern is a "realm" but you can also call it a "province" that currently does not exist on the map, and has been confirmed to be located south of Wynn.|
The Realm of Dern or you can call it The Province of Dern is a mysterious place that hasn't been released yet.
According to the Storyline, the Villagers are aware that the Road to Dern (Silent Expanse) lies on the other side of the Abandoned Mines. It has been confirmed to be a place of darkness and is called a "far off dark land" by lead lore developer, Grian. He also has stated that in the lore of the game it is not considered a province, but should still be treated as one.
This has sparked much debate about whether it is a province or a realm. Many community members also believe that the dark area explored in the Fantastic Voyage quest could be Dern, but currently this is just theory and speculation.
The Road to Dern (Silent Expanse) has been confirmed to be released and opened to the public upon the release of 1.19.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word Dern comes from Middle English and is associated with "darkness" and "obscurity".
- The "Eye" in Wynncraft's logo is speculated to play a huge part in Dern.
- Before the Gavel Update, Dern was one of the three known provinces. After Gavel was released, Fruma was introduced into the lore.
- Dern is referenced in Llevigar's Library in Chapter IV, named Dern History.
- The secret in the Abandoned Mines is also speculated to reference Dern.
- There are plenty of Dern Beasts on Dead Island, and it used to be Dern Emigrants on Enderman Island