Preview[edit | edit source]
A shovel that Asher finds in the Time Valley causes him to get stuck in a time loop. When he suddenly disappears in the present, Old Man Martyn requests the player's help to prevent Asher from dying in the past.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Asher: Well well well, look who decided to come back with their tail between their legs.
- Asher: Two weeks now and you still haven't found it? Ugh, I can't believe I ever trusted you with such a simple task.
- Asher: Who am I? WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHO AM I? You offered to help find my shovel, and I've been waiting two weeks!
- Asher: Forget about your payment. Unless you either pay me back or get my shovel right now!
- Asher: My shovel? That's why I sent you out in the first place! It's somewhere in Time Valley. I lost it while looking for purple flowers to the west.
- Asher: Now are you going to hold up your end of the deal or not?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Find Asher's shovel.
- Whatever that odd feeling was, it's over now. And there's Asher's shovel! Better return this to him.
It is west of Asher's house, behind a tree with flowers.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Return Asher's Shovel to Asher.
- Asher: Well hello there, stranger! Welcome to Time Valley! Always nice to see a new face around here.
- Asher: Mad at you? Why would I be mad at you? We've never met.
- Asher: I know this a bit forward, but I need to ask for your help with-
- Asher: Wait, is that-? It is! You've found my shovel! I recognize those markings anywhere.
- Asher: But why is it so rusty? Ah, no matter. Give that to me and I'll head inside to get you a nice reward.
- Asher: Thank you. Now, about that reward-
- Asher: Wha- What's happening?
- Old Man Martyn: Oh dear, there he goes again. Poor fool ignored my warnings and touched that shovel.
- Old Man Martyn: He's gone and got himself stuck in a loop.
- Old Man Martyn: Head inside, soldier, and I'll explain what's happening here.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Enter Asher's house.
- Old Man Martyn: Without Asher, his house has vanished from time.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Old Man Martyn.
- Old Man Martyn: Let me explain why Asher disappeared...
- Old Man Martyn: Time Valley was built many years ago by a long-lost civilization.
- Old Man Martyn: They had odd powers. They ended up distorting time itself.
- Old Man Martyn: The tools they used to make these structures are imbued with their power.
- Old Man Martyn: Asher found one of these tools. The shovel.
- Old Man Martyn: The shovel is tethering it's time of influence to today. It keeps sending Asher back.
- Old Man Martyn: The issue is, Asher died in the past. This creates a paradox.
- Old Man Martyn: We can save him if I send you back to prevent his death. Go through this rift to join him in the past.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to save Asher from his death.
Part 1[edit | edit source]
- Asher: Huh? Where is everyone?
- Asher: Usually this place is filled with workers.
- Asher: But no one's here. And this place is clearly not done.
- Asher: Whatever the case, I should probably find my shovel.
- Asher: If I were a shovel, where would I be?
- Asher: Hmmm. Not around here.
- Asher: This place... There's so much going on but no one here.
- Asher: What I don't understand, though, is why this place looks brand new.
- Asher: This place looks like it's just being built!
- Asher: This must be something to do with the valley's magic. Wouldn't be the first time.
- Asher: Heh, time.
- Asher: In fact, whenever I hold that shovel, this kind of stuff seems to happen.
- Asher: Maybe it's sent me way back. Back to the construction of this place.
- Asher: Then why is no one here?
- Asher: Woah, that tree looks like it might fall over!
- Asher: That was a close one!
- Asher: Uhf! How do they have a cannon? These guys must be super advanced.
- Asher: I think I'm close now. I can just feel that shovel close by.
If Asher dies from the Crane:
- Asher: Wait, what's that-?
- Old Man Martyn: My my, a crushing defeat to be sure. You'll have to find a way to stop that.
- Old Man Martyn: Go back through the rift and make sure Asher doesn't become a pancake this time.
If Asher dies from explosives:
- Asher: Wait, what's that-?
- Old Man Martyn: Well that was quite the explosive end to our friend there. There must be a way to prevent that.
- Old Man Martyn: Head back in there. This time with less explosions.
If Asher dies from the cosmic event:
- Old Man Martyn: Oh, so close on that try. Who could've guessed that was how our friend met his end?
- Old Man Martyn: I'm sure you'll nail it this time. Not sure how you will stop a cosmic event, though.
Part 2[edit | edit source]
- Asher: Oh there it is! My shovel!
- Asher: I'm suprised it took me back this far this time.
- Asher: Well, time to head on back-
- Asher: Wait, Martyn
- Asher: Ow! What was that for?
- Old Man Martyn: Asher, you remember when I allowed you to live in the valley, I told you not to touch any odd objects.
- Asher: I... Might recall it.
- Old Man Martyn: You got yourself stuck hundreds of years ago. If it wasn't for this guard, you'd be removed from existence.
- Asher: Oh... So that's where I am. I am so sorry Martyn. Please don't kick me out of the valley.
- Old Man Martyn: I know time travel can be tempting. But it's far more dangerous than you can ever understand.
- Old Man Martyn: The valley is banned for most citizens. I watch over this timeline because of poor souls like Asher.
Part 3[edit | edit source]
- Asher: Holy Bovine!
- Old Man Martyn: Ah, we're back.
- Asher: How did you get these powers? Are you even human?
- Old Man Martyn: Oh you know. I've read a book or two in my time.
- Old Man Martyn: (Player), I'm sorry I got you dragged into this. I wish I could have done it myself.
- Asher: I probably could have gotten myself out...
- Old Man Martyn: You died in the past. Multiple times.
- Asher: I did?
- Old Man Martyn: Yes. In some suprising ways too.
- Old Man Martyn: (Player), I'm sure we will meet again... in time.
- Old Man Martyn: See you around.
- Asher: Uh, you're still here.
- Old Man Martyn: Am I?
- Asher: I don't understand Martyn. He seems to know everything about the past. Here, come closer, I want to whisper something.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Asher.
- Asher: I think he might have known Bob. I saw some letters in his house.
- Asher: Weird, right? Bob was a hard guy to know.
- Asher: Anyway, take this. It's the least I can do to pay you for saving me.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest was added in the 1.18 Economy Update and replaced Suspended Flowers.