Crop Failure is a medium level 52 quest based in Olux. }}
Preview[edit | edit source]
In Olux, a travelling salesman named Doubiss has sold a 'miracle fertilizer' to the residents of the town. Anast, whose crops are withering, blames Doubiss for the recent events so he sends the player to find out the truth.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Anast: Grr...that no-good, lying, cheating, thieving...graaah!
- Anast: You! Help me out over here! You aren't doing anything important right now, and this is urgent!
- Anast: You see the crop fields all around me? Or, maybe the places where there's supposed to be crop fields. Maybe that'd be more fitting with their states!
- Anast: They were growing slower than normal this year, but it was nothing strange 'til some wackjob salesman rolled into town...
- Anast: He goes spouting off about some kind of 'miracle fertilizer' that can make any plant grow twice as fast. Everyone was oohing and awwing...
- Anast: So, we all bought a batch or two, at least. I sprinkled mine over the fields, and...well, you can see just how 'amazing' it worked for yourself.
- Anast: The police in this town are useless and he flat-out refuses to give me any kind of refund! And I'm pretty sure I've seen him trying to poison my water, too!
- Anast: That Doubiss fellow is crooked through and through, I tell ya! I want you to go talk to him and try to get me the refund I so desperately deserve.
- Anast: I paid [20 Emerald Blocks] for it all. If you come through with this, we'll split it fifty-fifty. Got it? And, try to bring back some evidence too in case he ever plays dumb again!
- Anast: Check the market stalls around town for the guy. I forget which one Doubiss was at, exactly, but he's around somewhere.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Doubiss: Good day to ya! What is it ye be needin' from ol' Doubiss' stock?
- Doubiss: Oh. Oh, goodie. Another traveller sent from that idiot farmer. I swear, this is the eighth time now!
- Doubiss: Since he obviously ain't gonna be listenin' to me anytime soon, lemme tell you what the issue is with my fertilizer...
- Doubiss: Nothing! My fertilizer really does work! He probl'ly exaggerated how good I said it'd work, too! What'd he say, twice, three times the growth? More?
- Doubiss: All the other farmers are usin' it right now, and look at their fields! Heck, I think the only reason these crops ain't dead is because of my product!
- Doubiss: Y'know why? Next time ya pass a farm, take a good whiff o' the water, maybe a sip or two if you can manage. It'll be smelly and bitter.
- Doubiss: The crops, when I got here, were lookin' pathetic as ya get. I ain't a gamblin' man, but I'd be willing ta bet something's up with the water here.
- Doubiss: The smell gets worse the closer ya get to the crypts in town, and while I ain't a native Oluxer, I've heard enough to know the wellspring is in the cave near there.
- Doubiss: It'll prob'ly be best fer everyone if ya took a looksee. Maybe if ya find some evidence, ya can show that crazy farmer, have 'im quit pesterin' me, eh?
- Doubiss: The cave is on the little hill, next to the crypt. Careful ya don't go trippin' over a gravestone, now!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Go to the wellspring cave near the Olux Crypts.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Search inside the cave to find the problem with the water.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Kill the giant slime and show Anast the slime’s remains as proof of Doubiss’ innocence.
- Anast: Pyyyyeww! Yeesh, kid! You smell worse than a garbage dump! What the heck happened to you, where've you been?!
- Anast: Ugh, eww! I don't want any of this sludge! I demand an explanation, now!!
- Anast: ...mhm, mhm...you went into the well cave...and found what, exactly?
- Anast: ...
- Anast: ...well don't I feel stupid. I honestly thought he'd started to poison my water himself...didn't stop to use my god-given logic for a second!
- Anast: I guess the best thing to do would be to hire an exterminator to get rid of the bugs, since you cleared out the slime thingy.
- Anast: Don't trouble yourself with going in there to clear 'em out for us, I think you've gone through enough for today. Here, some cash for your trouble.
- Anast: Hey, it isn't much, but it's really all I can spare. Now, do us all another favor?
- Anast: Use that cash to go get some perfume, or at least take a dip in a waterfall. I'm grateful and all, but you stink to high heaven!