Corrupted Underworld Crypt
|Corrupted Underworld Crypt|
|Monsters||Forsaken Legion Dahbasi (Lv. 82)|
Forsaken Legion Peasant (Lv. 82)
Forsaken Legion Butcher (Lv. 82)
Forsaken Legion Castellan (Lv. 82)
Forsaken Legion High Priest (Lv. 82)
Forsaken Legion Marzban (Lv.82)
Forsaken Legion Pikeman (Lv. 82)
Forsaken Legion Centurion (Lv. 82)
Drudge (Lv. ?)
Decrepit Warrior (Lv. ?)
Undead Warlord (Lv. ?)
|Boss||Corrupted Charon (Lv. 95)|
This dungeon has a non-corrupted variant; see Underworld Crypt.
The battle of Nemract was a historical landmark in the war against corruption, but ultimately a loss. The dead of the brave and the bold now fester in the underworld, willing others to make the journey to the other side.
Overview[edit | edit source]
This is the corrupted version of the Underworld Crypt Dungeon. It is mechanically identical but has a "corrupted" design, mobs of a higher level and better rewards. It can be accessed by entering its portal at The Forgery.
Guide[edit | edit source]
After giving a Key to the Key Collector, enter the dungeon and you will arrive in a dark cave filled with ruins and large bones, with a massive closed door directly opposite. Go through the door for the next phase.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- ???: How foolish. Just because you have overcome something once does not mean it will happen again.
After passing through the gates to the underworld, you will find yourself in a large underground chamber filled with ruins and small pools of gray sludge. A few moments after entering, several explosions will go off throughout the room, throwing blocks into the air and releasing a horde of Forsaken Legion Peasants and Dahbasis. These mobs can be overwhelming in their large numbers but are all weak to Water damage. It is not necessary to fight any of the enemies; simply run past and avoid them to reach an open archway and the next phase of the dungeon.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
The next stage takes place in a massive, shadowy chamber, and consists of both parkour and combat. Begin crossing the room, performing some easy parkour between stone platforms. If you fall off the path, you will be teleported to the start of the parkour and have to complete it again. After jumping your way to the top of the first pillar, however, you will have to drop onto a circular arena-like platform, where you will be faced with a dangerous miniboss.
The first miniboss in this room is the Forsaken Legion Butcher. It attacks at close range, occasionally using a Multihit spell to deal massive damage, but will also sometimes attempt to push you off of the platform. Make sure to be wary of the fire throughout the arena! The Butcher has a total of 500000 health, making it extremely tough to kill, and you are also unable to leave the arena while fighting it. However, you don't actually need to kill it; a countdown begins when you start the fight, and after 20 seconds the boss disappears and a bridge appears, allowing you to continue. Keep moving upwards on the parkour; from now on, if you fall, you will be teleported to the last miniboss arena that you cleared. You will quickly arrive at the second arena, where you will face a similar fight.
- ???: Blargh! My minions shall not let you pass!
The second miniboss is the Forsaken Legion Castellan. It has 300000 health and attacks with a sword, rapidly charging at you to deal damage. Fight or avoid the Castellan for 30 seconds and it will disappear, and the bridge to the next section of the parkour will open. Keep going until you reach the last arena.
- ???: Uurgh, get the human! We can't let it pass by again!
The final miniboss in this chamber is the Forsaken Legion High Priest, who fights at a distance by rapidly shooting small fireballs towards you. It can also use a Flamethrower spell to deal large damage and trap you in webs for a short time, similar to Arakadicus. After fighting the High Priest for 40 seconds, it will disappear and the final bridge leading to the next room will appear.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
After completing the parkour, descend the stairs to reach the combat area of the third stage. This is a wide open space filled with several Dahbasis and Pikemen, along with another miniboss, the Forsaken Legion Marzban. It fights in melee, dealing minor Earth damage, and can use a variety of spells, including Charge and Pull; unlike its minions, the Marzban is also weak to Fire damage. After defeating the miniboss it will drop an Underworld Crypt token, which can be dropped on the hopper at the far end of the room to open a passage through the large skull on the wall to the next phase.
Phase 4[edit | edit source]
Upon passing through the skull's mouth, you will arrive on the gray banks of an underground river, with a small wooden boat floating in front of you. The goal of this stage is simply to survive the boat ride. After pressing the button on the boat, it will begin moving down the river towards a dark cave mouth at the end. On the banks of the river along the way are several outcroppings; these houses several Forsaken Legion Pikemen and Centurions. As you pass by the outcrops, the Pikemen will board the boat and attempt to kill you, and the Centurions will attack from a distance with their bows. Fight off the undead whenever they board the boat, and either kill the archers or avoid their arrows. Like most other minions in the dungeon, these mobs are weak to Water.
After successfully crossing the river, you will find yourself in a cavern with a large, fortress-like wall at one end. General Graken's note is found here, which reads:
- General Graken: Old chap, I can only hope you find this scribble in my absence. Of course I hope that you did not have to return at all.
- General Graken: I must say chum, I haven't got good news. I know we fought bravely and most admirably against the evil that is Charon, and won. Or so we thought... I was evacuating the last of the boys after you departed when the Grook really croaked.
- General Graken: All around me the walls shifted in colour. The dead rose once more. Charon made a return in a blaze of bloody mist. We did all we could, but we were done up like a kipper. I am all that is left, hiding in a corner of this red cave.
- General Graken: I hope to give you my final note of advice, should it ever be needed. Charon reunited the corpses of his army to bring them back, so don't let him do this if you must fight him again. If only I were able to reunite the fellows so we could all walk free...
- General Graken: Nevertheless, whatever happens, I will keep fighting! Even if my life goes down the pan, you got back from that once before! I'll keep dragging myself back together from the brink to throw as heavy a punch as I can manage.
This is the last chance to prepare before the boss battle. Once you're ready, press the button and pass through the dark tunnel to enter Charon's throne room.
Boss Phase[edit | edit source]
- Corrupted Charon: Do you really think I will fall for that one again? An army like yours is childsplay for me! However, how do you plan to defeat an army that is already dead?
The final chamber in the dungeon is a massive, open space. Corrupted Charon, level 95, will chase you along with his minions. Deceased General Graken is seen laying on the floor, and you need to repair him by fetching 4 Body Parts from Corrupted Charon's minions. After you've repaired his body, he will fight alongside you and defeat Corrupted Charon.