Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Preview[edit | edit source]
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Troms Mage at the dungeon entrance.
- Troms Mage: Stay back! I'm casting a fireball at this barrier!
- Troms Mage: Gah, no use. Again.
- Troms Mage: Ah, I didn’t expect to see a Ragni soldier out here. Perhaps you can assist me.
- Troms Mage: This is the second cave in the jungle to start spewing out aggressive slimes.
- Troms Mage: Being so close to Troms, it’s become a major problem.
- Troms Mage: We tried to attack it, but this barrier is shaman magic. No one in the Wynn province uses such dirty magic.
- Troms Mage: The only clue we found is this riddle...
- Troms Mage: Near a corrupted bridge, a ruin past its prime...lives a cursed sheep, with the color of lime...lead it down the trail, heading to the slime...sacrifice its soul, in the blood and grime.
- Troms Mage: We haven’t been able to work it out. Head out to the Great Bridge entrance and see if you can find anything.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Use the Mage's riddle to figure out where it leads.
- You seem to have fallen into an ancient ruin of some sort. Maybe the incantation is somewhere inside...
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Explore the temple for a way to break the barrier.
- In 831 AP, Troms was on its knees. Hordes of undead were crippling the army and castle.
- The King sought the help of a shaman, Slykaar. Shamans use the life of sacrifices to inflict damage. Dark magic.
- Slykaar defended Troms. At an immense cost. Slykaar loved the attention and power. He controlled the city.
- Troms had suffered from the hordes and from the endless sacrifices of Slykaar for years.
- Then... Bob appeared. The people of Troms instantly dropped their horrible shaman for the pure hero.
- Slykaar, bitter and humiliated, sunk underground to restart his demonic experiments for an army.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Go to Slykaar's residence to find out what is hidden there
- Troms Guard: By order of the city of Troms, I am here to keep other citizens from entering this house.
- Troms Guard: From future experiences, everyone who has entered this house has vanished from existence...
- Troms Guard: I would advise not going inside unless you know what you are doing.
- It's an old, dusty journal. It seems to be left open to a page. You begin to read it out of curiosity...
- ...Troms is beginning to grow suspicious of me...some guy named Robert came into town...
- ...I know they will banish me...he is too good...too nice...
- ...I must open a portal...make a dimension to become more powerful...
- ...the books...I have prepared well for this...
- ...I will carve a hidden room...behind a visible wall...to create my world...my revenge...
- ???: Well, I guess you must know who I am.
- ???: Welcome to my domain. I am the hero of Troms, Slykaar.
- Slykaar: Well, I used to be. Banished by the very people who asked for my help. Pathetic.
- Slykaar: They couldn’t give me a few peasants for their safety? Weak.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Get through Slykaar's dimension to reach the incantation.
- Slykaar: I experimented my shamanism for many years underground to create the perfect mix of monster.
- Slykaar: Most ended in horrific slimes. Aggressive and powerful, but alas, just slimes.
- Slykaar: Then I found this place. A dark land. A dark god. A source of power.
- Slykaar: You mediocre wielders of magic have no idea what this world holds.
- Slykaar: You all strive to be that hero of heroes, “Bob”, but here's the truth. He’s lost. You’re lost.
- Slykaar: No one in the Wynn province is willing to make the sacrifices I am to gain power.
- Slykaar: If you want power, you have to give some. Sacrifice a few to save many.
- Slykaar: They were willing to give me a few peasants in 831, when the hordes crossed the bridge.
- Slykaar: The king was happy to throw away lives to save his. But then the hero of Wynn waltzed in a few years later.
- Slykaar: They banished me like a rotten fruit. Their hero, their protector. So what if a few hundred nobodys died for it.
- Slykaar: Looks like we have a Bob aspirer. Pale imitation.
- Slykaar: Take the scroll. Break the barrier and let your little army men walk into my lair.
- Slykaar: I am ready; it makes little difference. Soon, Troms will be in ruins. And I shall have my revenge.
- Slykaar: So, go have fun in Troms while you can. It’s not like you have much of a life to live, anyways.
- You should probably head back to the Mage to show her what you found...
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Give the incantation to the Mage so the barrier can be destroyed.
- Troms Mage: Any luck with the riddle?
- Troms Mage: You found something?
- Troms Mage: Hmm...oh my. This is dark stuff. Very dark.
- Troms Mage: It doesn't give me pleasure to use this...but it will break the barrier.
- Troms Mage: Stand back, I'm not exactly sure what this does.
- Troms Mage: The spell...it destroyed the barrier almost instantly...
- Troms Mage: Okay men! The barrier is down, so charge against Slykaar before he marches against Troms!
- Troms Mage: I don't have much to repay you, but it's at least useful for a soldier like you.
- Troms Mage: If you have nothing else to do, why don’t you help the Troms army with Slykaar?