We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Canyon Condor is a medium level 38 quest which occurs within the mesas surrounding Rymek.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The storyline centers primarily around the player's attempts to help a Keeper for the Temple of Legends named Svin. Svin requests the player to find evidence of a ferocious bird living somewhere nearby.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Svin: I am one of the Keepers in the great Temple of Legends. There we hoard secrets about the world.
- Svin: I am here to investigate an old tale of the canyon. Does that interest you? I'm sure it does!
- Svin: Legend has it that a ferocious beast lives among these cliffs. A dangerous bird that has survived for many years.
- Svin: I would love to seek the beast out, but it seems the natives here are too busy thieving each other to inform me of it.
- Svin: I have heard of an old prospector nearby who has ventured throughout this mesa. He may have some information.
- Svin: His name is Jankan and he lives east from Rymek. Could you perhaps seek him out and ask him about this foul beast?
- Svin: If you help me, I'll let you use the elevators spread in the canyon. Well...
- Svin: A strange hermit decided to take control of them, but I'm sure we can reason with him.
- Svin: I hope you are able to find the beast, and if you do, could you bring me back [1 Beast Egg] as evidence?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Jankan.
- Jankan: Hello there, youngster! Ye must be the stranger folks 'been talkin' 'bout.
- Jankan: If yer lookin fer gold, I can promise ye that there ain' any for you in this here mineshaft!
- Jankan: Oh.. Yer lookin fer a winged wilder beast? Are ye out of yer mind?
- Jankan: The devil of a bird is complete chaos! It can move mountains with a single screech! Men twice yer size 'ave weeped from the sight of it!
- Jankan: As it turns out, I did me back in trying to transport me earnin's from that there cave, left them right at the back did' I.
- Jankan: Go fetch me my [5 Gold Chunks] from the end of the shaft and i'll tell ye where ye need to go next.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Bring 5 [Gold Chunk] to Jankan.
- Jankan: Finally! It took ye long enough, hand it over! Oh right.. yer want'n somethin'
- Jankan: I ain' got any intention of help'n ye with yer demise, but I can send ye along to a young fellow who might help.
- Jankan: Theres this Hermit feller ye wanna talk to, he is a right nutter, that one. Feeds the bird'n all.
- Jankan: I think ye can find him up the mountain and across the canyon abyss, he ain' a friendly fella, I can tell yer that much.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Hermit in front of the plateau bridge.
- Hermit: What do you think you're doing here, kid? Think you can waltz in my humble abode and get across my bridge?
- Hermit: Oh, you want to know about the bird of the mountain? Hah, a little weed like you wouldn't stand a chance against it.
- Hermit: It doesn't take kindly to strangers you know. I once saw it turn a group of poachers to ash!
- Hermit: If you want to go through here, you'll need to pay. Oh, I don't want your money, why whould I need money. I have everything!
- Hermit: If you want access to these plateaus then you will have to find me a rare flower for my little cave here.
- Hermit: It is found on top of one of the stacks in the mesa, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
- Hermit: Bring me [1 Rare Rose] and I shall let you pass on to the creature of the mesa.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
- Hermit: A ha! This will do perfectly. My chickling will love it! I suppose you can cross the bridge now.
- Hermit: The beast dwells on top of one of these plateaus. With a little searching, you should be able to find it.
- Hermit: I'll let you use my elevators too. After all, it's not like you will last long...
- Hermit: Only one traveler I have heard of could stand against the beast. I believe he took an egg from it for a pet, Hah!
- Hermit: He is long gone now just like you will be in a few moments. It was nice not knowing you, kid.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Svin: Traveler! You have returned! Tell me, what have you learned?
- Svin: You found it? This is wonderful news! You collected an egg from it's nest as well? You are very brave indeed!
- Svin: So the legend of the Cockatrice is true! You've seen it and battled it with your own courage!
- Svin: If only you could enter the Temple of Legends, brave soul! But it would seem our paths are to part now.
- Svin: Do not worry, I shall keep the egg safe. One day your legend shall be as greatly told!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- After killing the Cockatrice, you can jump down in the river and you will be at few blocks of Svin to finish the quest.