Canyon Condor is a medium level 38 quest which occurs within the mesas surrounding Rymek.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The storyline centers primarily around the player's attempts to help a Keeper for the Temple of Legends named Svin. Svin requests the player to find evidence of a ferocious bird living somewhere nearby.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Svin: I am one of the Keepers in the great Temple of Legends. There we hoard secrets about the world.
- Svin: I am here to investigate an old tale of the canyon. Does that interest you? I'm sure it does!
- Svin: Legend has it that a ferocious beast lives among these cliffs. A dangerous bird that has survived for many years.
- Svin: I would love to seek the beast out, but it seems the natives here are too busy thieving each other to inform me of it.
- Svin: I have heard of an old prospector nearby who has ventured throughout this mesa. He may have some information.
- Svin: His name is Jankan and he lives east from Rymek. Could you perhaps seek him out and ask him about this foul beast?
- Svin: If you help me, I'll let you use the elevators spread in the canyon. Well...
- Svin: A strange hermit decided to take control of them, but I'm sure we can reason with him.
- Svin: I hope you are able to find the beast, and if you do, could you bring me back [1 Beast Egg] as evidence?
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Jankan.
- Jankan: Hello there, youngster! Ye must be the stranger folks 'been talkin' 'bout.
- Jankan: If yer lookin fer gold, I can promise ye that there ain' any for you in this here mineshaft!
- Jankan: Oh.. Yer lookin fer a winged wilder beast? Are ye out of yer mind?
- Jankan: The devil of a bird is complete chaos! It can move mountains with a single screech! Men twice yer size 'ave weeped from the sight of it!
- Jankan: As it turns out, I did me back in trying to transport me earnin's from that there cave, left them right at the back did' I.
- Jankan: Go fetch me my [10 Golden Bars] from the end of the shaft and i'll tell ye where ye need to go next.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Jankan: Finally! It took ye long enough, hand it over! Oh right.. yer want'n somethin'
- Jankan: I ain' got any intention of help'n ye with yer demise, but I can send ye along to a young fellow who might help.
- Jankan: Theres this Hermit feller ye wanna talk to, he is a right nutter, that one. Feeds the bird'n all.
- Jankan: I think ye can find him up the mountain and across the canyon abyss, he ain' a friendly fella, I can tell yer that much.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Talk to the Hermit in front of the plateau bridge.
- Hermit: What do you think you're doing here, kid? Think you can waltz in my humble abode and get across my bridge?
- Hermit: Oh, you want to know about the bird of the mountain? Hah, a little weed like you wouldn't stand a chance against it.
- Hermit: It doesn't take kindly to strangers you know. I once saw it turn a group of poachers to ash!
- Hermit: If you want to go through here, you'll need to pay. Oh, I don't want your money, why whould I need money. I have everything!
- Hermit: If you want access to these plateaus then you will have to find me a rare flower for my little cave here.
- Hermit: It is found on top of one of the stacks in the mesa, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
- Hermit: Bring me [1 Rare Rose] and I shall let you pass on to the creature of the mesa.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
- Hermit: A ha! This will do perfectly. My chickling will love it! I suppose you can cross the bridge now.
- Hermit: The beast dwells on top of one of these plateaus. With a little searching, you should be able to find it.
- Hermit: I'll let you use my elevators too. After all, it's not like you will last long...
- Hermit: Only one traveler I have heard of could stand against the beast. I believe he took an egg from it for a pet, Hah!
- Hermit: He is long gone now just like you will be in a few moments. It was nice not knowing you, kid.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
- Svin: Traveler! You have returned! Tell me, what have you learned?
- Svin: You found it? This is wonderful news! You collected an egg from it's nest as well? You are very brave indeed!
- Svin: So the legend of the Cockatrice is true! You've seen it and battled it with your own courage!
- Svin: If only you could enter the Temple of Legends, brave soul! But it would seem our paths are to part now.
- Svin: Do not worry, I shall keep the egg safe. One day your legend shall be as greatly told!
Tips[edit | edit source]
- After killing the Cockatrice, you can jump down in the river and you will be at few blocks of Svin to finish the quest.