Beyond the Grave
|Beyond the Grave|
|Location||Canyon of the Lost|
Preview[edit | edit source]
The guardians at the Temple of the Lost in Bantisu have desperately called upon the player to rid the Canyon of the vicious beast nearby that has been ravaging unknowing bypassers. On their journey to destroy this monster, the player stumbles upon a rather interesting encounter.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
- Irlok: Welcome to the Bantisu Temple. We guide adventuring souls onwards.
- Irlok: There is a monster of such immense power, none of us here are capable of killing it.
- Irlok: We are offering the highest reward possible for its slaughter. Be warned though, to face the monster is to face your worst fears.
- Irlok: It frequently takes the lives of many people attempting to cross the canyon, and we need it removed.
- Irlok: We drove the beast into a cave and attempted to shut it in, but it's become a danger to us all again.
- Irlok: He is located at the bottom of the canyon, right next to a popular road. If you follow the path down the mountain, you should find the mine. I wrote down the exact location in your book.
- Irlok: If somehow you succeed, you will be handsomely rewarded. I look forward to seeing you on the other side.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Seek out the creature in the mines.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Explore the strange realm and bargain with Death.
Entering Death's mansion:
- Death: IT SEEMS I HAVE A NEW GUEST. WELCOME.
- Death: MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE. YOU'LL BE STAYING HERE FOR A WHILE.
- Death: NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM TAKING A LOOK AROUND. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING THOUGH. AND TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AS YOU ENTER.
- Death: WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT, COME TO MY OFFICE UPSTAIRS. WE HAVE A LENGTHY TALK TO HAVE.
Entering the dining hall:
- Death: I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE SERVED HERE, I HEARD IT IS TO DIE FOR.
- Death: IF I HAD BOUGHT ANY WHEAT THIS MORNING, I'D OFFER A BISCUIT AS CONSOLATION FOR DYING.
- Death: IT'S A SHAME, REALLY. I'M TOLD I MAKE THE BEST LITTLE CHOCOLATE CHIP ONES.
Entering Death's office:
- Death: THIS IS MY OFFICE. GUESS WHAT I DO HERE. HUH?
- Death: I DIE OF BOREDOM.
- Death: ...REALLY? NOTHING? YOU HUMANS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR.
- Death: PLEASE TAKE A SEAT. LET'S REVIEW YOUR OPTIONS.
Talking to Death:
- Death: I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE AN ODD PLACE TO BE. SITTING IN FRONT OF DEATH.
- Death: THE TRUTH IS, YOU HAVE BEEN HERE MANY TIMES BEFORE.
- Death: BUT A MORTAL MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK OF MY REALM.
- Death: SO I MAKE EVERYONE WHO VISITS, SIMPLY FORGET.
- Death: IT'S EASIER ON EVERYONE THAT WAY. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR DEATH, THAT WOULD BE WEIRD.
- Death: THIS TIME, HOWEVER, I SHALL LET YOU REMEMBER YOUR JOURNEY HERE.
- Death: WHY YOU ASK?
- Death: OH, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO FORGET THE JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME, RIGHT?
- Death: I ALWAYS ALLOW PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RE-ENTER THE MORTAL PLAIN.
- Death: CALL IT BARGAINING WITH DEATH IF YOU LIKE. TRUTH IS, I JUST GET A BIT BORED.
- Death: IF YOU WISH TO RETURN TO LIFE, AND I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DO, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BEAT THAT WHICH SENT YOU HERE.
- Death: IN YOUR CASE, IT IS THE CREATION KNOWN AS KOLTRON. WHEN YOU ARE READY, YOU CAN ENGAGE HIM ONCE MORE BY ENTERING THE DOOR AT THE BACK OF MY REALM.
- Death: I DO ENJOY MY CHATS WITH HUMANS, THEY NEVER SAY ANYTHING.
- Death: WHICH IS ODD, BECAUSE OUT OF THE TWO OF US, THEY ARE THE ONES WITH VOCAL CHORDS.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Exit the strange realm.
- You hear the sound of glass shattering near the back of the mansion...
- Death: WELL, I SEE YOU ARE LEAVING.
- Death: IT WAS NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK AGAIN, I DO ENJOY YOUR VISITS.
- Death: TO RISE BACK TO LIFE, YOU MUST DEFEAT THE ONE WHO BROUGHT YOU TO MY HANDS.
- Death: YOU'VE MANAGED IT BEFORE SO I CAN'T SEE WHY YOU CAN'T MANAGE IT AGAIN. AFTERALL, YOU MANAGE TO KEEP DYING.
- Death: ...OR YOU KNOW, DON'T. I DO ENJOY HAVING A LITTLE COLOUR AROUND THE MANSION.
- The rift near the entrance to the mines is now open.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Defeat Krolton to earn your way back to the living.
- You've reclaimed your soul.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Take proof of Krolton's demise to Irlok.
- Irlok: Oh, you've returned. I must admit, I'm very impressed.
- Irlok: Krolton was honestly the strongest being I've ever met. He has killed hundreds before you.
- Irlok: The Temple of the Lost owes you a great deal. I want you to have something, it is extremely rare.
- Irlok: I want you to take this ring, as a symbol of your journey.
- Irlok: Let us hope you never have to encounter a beast like Krolton again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The puzzle in the mansion has a few easter eggs that make Death say something. Some easter egg words are: end, moo, bomb, stone, odd, dent and note.