An Iron Heart Part II
|An Iron Heart Part II|
|Starter NPC||Detective Hart|
|Required Quest||An Iron Heart Part I|
|Required Item||Mechanical Reactor|
Preview[edit | edit source]
The player is tasked with investigating the recent disappearances of a large number of Olux citizens.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Detective Hart at [-1745, 66, -5479]
- Detective Hart: Hotor, Athomo, Arperi, Etyir, Taiyroth, On'omi, Danin, Nesys, Onton. All missing...
- Detective Hart: Etan is the latest. You don't happen to know anything about these people, soldier?
- Detective Hart: Citizens are going missing at an alarming rate. We have lost 10 people in just 3 weeks. There hasn't been a trace of them anywhere.
- Detective Hart: You wouldn't have expected it, with all the guard golems we've been donated recently! Olux should be safer than ever.
- Detective Hart: Of course I have my suspicions, there are rumors floating around about...shady business going on.
- Detective Hart: I don't know who to trust in these circumstances, so if you would be willing to aid in this investigation, I'd be rather thankful.
- Detective Hart: The “Great” Daxe is a man with a criminal past. He knows things the police don't, but he won't talk with me, given my status.
- Detective Hart: Can you try to get some information from him? You can find his hut west from here. Next to that Elven girl's camp.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Follow the west road and speak with Daxe in his home at [-1924, 55, -5466]
- Daxe: Oh, so a human wishes to wander into the home of the great Daxe?
- Daxe: Unfortunately for you, I'm not fond of visitors. I've left my criminal past behind...mh?
- Daxe: What's that device you have there? So you already know about this, then...?
- Daxe: Hm! If you already know, what do you need the information for?
- Guard Golem: BZZT. -------...? Mad----ne...?
- Guard Golem: MADELEINE! Where's...wait! ------ ---------- where am I? WHO'S VOICE IS THIS?!
- Daxe: Wait, what in the world is going on?! What did you do to my golem?!
- Guard Golem?: They... m- --------... SHUT UP! QUIET! Who's giving me orders- -- ------- Cold! COLD!
- Daxe: Wait, your daughter?! M-Madeleine...? I...h-how...what...?
- Daxe: You...you aren't...dead steel? You remember your name...?!
- Guard Golem?: STOP GIVING ME ORDERS!! I'M...I'M THEODORE! I'M --- - -------- I...where has my life gone...? Where is...
- Guard Golem?: Madeleine... Where are you- ------------ ----------- BZZT. ... ... ...
- Daxe: I... I can't believe it. They didn't...they're still...
- Daxe: Dear god, that...that must...I'll talk. I will tell you what I know.
- Daxe: I broke into the golem factory for petty thievery...and found them. They gave me this Golem... Theodore...later to keep me quiet.
- Daxe: They assured me that they were gone, that every last bit of them was erased. They...those monsters lied to me...
- Daxe: Follow this road west and turn right. Look for Urelix. The factory is hidden in a cabin, it won't look like a factory.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
» Head to the Golem Factory at [-2119, 55, -5557]
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to deactivate the Guard Golem
Maybe something can deactivate the golem guarding the entrance
The guard golem left...but the reactor has stopped working.
|Location||Iron Golem Factory||X||-2115||Y||57||Z||-5565||Wynncraft Map|
- Urelix: And what do you think you are doing, barging into my humble home like this? Do they not teach humans manners in Wynn?
- Urelix: Ah, yes. You are correct- I oversee the creation of Guard Golems. What of it?
- Urelix: Oh, you believe that our company is illicit somehow? You insult me so!
- Urelix: My golems have protected countless people for years. So if you think my company is corrupt, why don't you take a look around?
- Urelix: Go on, search through my house. See if you can find anything.
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find a way into the factory in Urelix's house
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Escape the Golem Factory and find Urelix.
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Dr. Urelix in his office
|Location||Iron Golem Factory||X||-6196||Y||47||Z||-7614||Wynncraft Map|
- Dr. Urelix: Well well, look at you, here at the end of my factory. I wasn't expecting you to survive the production line. I thought you'd be one of ours by now.
- Dr. Urelix: That's that, I suppose. Yes, this is indeed where all the iron golems you've ever encountered were made, and if you've gotten here, you know how we make them.
- Dr. Urelix: Yes, metal forged with flesh...an unbeatable combination. Emotions and memories must be repressed in order to maintain obedience, of course...
- Dr. Urelix: Have you ever looked at a golem's eyes? Sometimes they look back, yes. The person they once were is still in there. I almost feel a connection when I make eye contact with them...
- Dr. Urelix: It's odd, honestly. I'm sure they don't feel much except cold, supposing our safeguards stay in place, of course. I have to assume malfunctions happened to have had you find us out...
- Dr. Urelix: Oh, look at me now, rambling! I must say I have been alone for a while...well, lacking any company that converses! So, I shall make you a deal, human.
- Dr. Urelix: I will give you a substantial amount of emeralds and a piece of quality iron armor in return for your silence on my little operation here.
- Dr. Urelix: I'll advise you to take my deal. Imagine what will happen if you should report my operation to the police. Yes, you'll save a few folk here, but how will the golems be made?
- Dr. Urelix: Without them, both Gavel and Wynn would struggle under the weight of our wars. Is this operation so immoral, then? Sacrifices must be made in order to survive.
- Dr. Urelix: I'll give you some time to consider my proposition. Take from my chest if you wish to take up my offer, otherwise get out of here and do not return.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Either take the bribe or return to Detective Hart
If you take the bribe:
- Dr. Urelix: Ahh, a wise choice. Production will continue then...and you've earned yourself a pocket full of emeralds at the same time.
- Dr. Urelix: Whether you truly see things my way or simply understand that my work is necessary, I couldn't care less. What matters is not your morality, but your choice.
- Dr. Urelix: Enjoy your armor and money, and please escort yourself to the exit.
If you return to Detective Hart:
- Detective Hart: You've returned, I see. Any news on the situation?
- Detective Hart: Yes, we're aware of the Golem factory. Were the criminals using it as a base?
- Detective Hart: Wha...fleshcrafting?! Golems are powered by suspended villagers?! Is this true, soldier?
- Detective Hart: We'll need to round up reinforcements immediately, and storm this factory! This cannot go on a moment longer!
- Detective Hart: Don't think you'll go unrewarded, soldier. There will be justice for this grave defilement of our people.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you lose the Mechanical Reactor obtained at the end of An Iron Heart Part I before using it in Stage 2, you can obtain another by talking to Duvale again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fully unscrambled guard golem dialogue is the following:
- The guard golems are likely a reference to the Cybermen from the show Doctor Who.