An Iron Heart Part II
|An Iron Heart Part II|
|Starter NPC||Detective Hart|
|Required Quest||An Iron Heart Part I|
An Iron Heart Part II is a medium level 58 quest in Olux.
Preview[edit | edit source]
Detective Hart is investigating why several people have gone missing over the past few weeks and tasks the player with finding out why they have.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Speak to Detective Hart.
- Detective Hart: Hotor, Etan, Athomo, Arperi, Etyir, Taiyroth, On'omi, Danin, Nesys, Onton. Have you seen any of these people?
- Detective Hart: Actually, you look like someone who has done their fair share of investigating. You come here in some fairly unique armour from another land. Perhaps you can help me.
- Detective Hart: Citizens are going missing at an alarming rate. We have lost 10 people in just 3 weeks. There hasn't been a trace of them anywhere, nor a sign of a struggle.
- Detective Hart: You wouldn't have expected it, with all the guard golems we've been donated recently! Excellent, together we can solve this.
- Detective Hart: I have a contact, his name is Daxe. He was outlawed from Olux after it was discovered that he was wanted in several places for organized crime.
- Detective Hart: He claims he just wants to live peacefully in the swamp, but I'm not so sure. Nevertheless, he's handy to have as a contact. He hears about things the police don't.
- Detective Hart: You should seek him out, he may know something about it. However, being as crooked as he is, the information won't be free.
- Detective Hart: Bring him [64 Emeralds] to bribe him and hope he is in a good mood. Good luck. You can find him in his humble swamp house along the west road.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
» Follow the west road and speak with Daxe in his home.
- Daxe: And what do you think you're doing, wandering into the home of the great Daxe?
- Daxe: Ah so you are looking for some information. Well I'm afraid I don't know anything about nothin', my memory isn't what it used to be you know!
- Daxe: I might remember a thing or two, though, given the right set of circumstances. I've heard of a lot of ominous ongoings in Olux, but it would take a little persuasion to part with my knowledge.
- Daxe: Risky business, dealing with the authorities, even if it is through a foreign messenger. If you part with [64 Emeralds] it might just jog my memory.
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
- Daxe: Why yes, I remember. I heard there was some people in a small village that work in a... well.. less than legal facility. You ought to drill them for information about what exactly they do.
- Daxe: Careful though, they are quick to resort to violence. Take this rope with you to ensure you get the information you need.
- Daxe: I mean it, do not go there without this rope, or you might not get anything from them at all.
- Daxe: You can find it by following the path outside of my house to the west. Just a small place with a few houses, shouldn't be too hard to find. Now get going, I don't have anything else to tell you.
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Interrogate Elio with the rope.
- Elio: Chip! Donnie! We got one of them humans here asking all sorts of funny questions!
- Elio: You're curious about our occupations? Ha! You'll find out soon enough when we captur-
- Elio: Hey, what's that rope for? What?! Stop tying me up! Chip! Donnie! Why are you just standing around?
- Elio: Let me go, you dimwitted scoundrel! I will make you disappear, untie me at once!
- Elio: Fine, I'll tell you! We work at a secret factory that produces protective machinery. From here, go east, then take the north path.
- Elio: You won't be able to get in without a [Factory Helmet] though, and I don't keep any in the house!
- Elio: You can only get them from factory employees so I have no problem in telling you to get lost!
- Elio: You're wasting your time, I've told you everything I can. Get out of here! Hey, wait! Aren't you going to untie me?
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Take the north-east path to the factory.
|Location||Olux Swamp||X||-2118||Y||55||Z||-5555||Wynncraft Map|
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Find the hidden entrance to the factory.
- INTRUDER ALERT
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Dr. Urelix in his office.
- Dr. Urelix: Oh my… look at you.. all the way at the end of my factory. I must admit I'm surprised to have a visitor. I don't really have anything on hand to kill you with in my office.
- Dr. Urelix: You have seen it all then and you cannot un-see it. Yes, this is where all the iron golems you've ever encountered originated from, and I'm sure you have figured out how they are made.
- Dr. Urelix: Metal forged with flesh, an unbeatable combination. Of course, emotions and memories must be repressed in order to maintain obedience.
- Dr. Urelix: Have you ever looked into a golems eyes, and seen them look back? Oh, the person they once were is still in there.
- Dr. Urelix: They just can't communicate with you or even move under their own will. I almost feel a connection when I make eye contact with them. Strange really, I'm sure they don't feel much except cold.
- Dr. Urelix: Look at me! I'm rambling! I must have been down here alone for quite some time! Well, not alone, but not with any company that converses! I shall make you a deal.
- Dr. Urelix: I will give you a substantial amount of emeralds and a piece of quality iron armour in return for your silence on my little operation here.
- Dr. Urelix: I advise you take my deal, the consequences of reporting this to the authorities will be most severe. I produce the protective machinery that guards half of your home province!
- Dr. Urelix: Without them you'd be struggling under the weight of the undead, think about that for a second. Is what I'm doing really that bad, sacrifice a few to save thousands? And make a pocket full of emeralds at the same time.
- Dr. Urelix: I'll give you some time to consider my proposition. Speak to me again if you wish to take up my offer, otherwise get out of here and don’t return.
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
» Either take the bribe or return to Detective Hart.
Dialogue (If you took the bribe):
- Dr. Urelix: So you have decided to take my bribe? You have chosen well. Here you are, now please escort yourself to the exit.
Dialogue (If you returned to Detective Hart):
- Detective Hart: An underground Iron Golem factory? Are you certain? We need reinforcements immediately! Why would anybody do such a horrible thing?
- Detective Hart: Thank you for your help, take this. I hope it helps you in your travels. There will be justice.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Daxe needs 64 of the item Emerald, not the currency. Therefore, he does not accept 1 emerald block.
- Taking the bribe rewards you with 768 Emeralds and a pair of Shameful Greaves, while returning to Detective Hart rewards you with 512 Emeralds and the Greaves of Honor.
- You will need a Factory Helmet from An Iron Heart Part I in order to enter the factory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The golems might be a reference to Cybermen from Doctor Who. They are made from humans and have supressed emotions and free will.