A Fighting Species
|A Fighting Species|
A Fighting Species is a medium level 64 quest in the Pre-Light Forest.
Preview[edit | edit source]
The Villager-Troll feud is raging on as ever. Darnes, a villager wanting peace, sends the player on a 'diplomatic' mission to obtain the Troll Leader, Gorgu's, signage of a treaty.
Stage 1[edit | edit source]
» Talk to Darnes in the villager camp.
- Darnes: This is no place for Wynn natives. This is a Villager-Troll war.
- Darnes: Oh, well. Actually, we do need a human to assist us. It would help us avoid conflict at all.
- Darnes: The filthy but thick-skinned Orcs and their troll brothers have been long standing enemies of the Villagers.
- Darnes: Villagers are not of physical might, we prefer the use of magic. However the Orc's skins are immune to all but the strongest spells.
- Darnes: So, if we can settle our differences peacefully, we will... But Orcs are not the most intelligent creatures, in fact I don't think they even know how to spell Orc.
- Darnes: Nevertheless, they do respect loss and victory. If we are able to get the leader, Gorgu, to sign a peace treaty they will have no choice but to stay peaceful, for now.
- Darnes: Now you see our problem. We are not able to get to Gorgu, he lives deep in the caves of the fortress, protected.
- Darnes: Our best bet is to send someone disguised as an Orc, however our body type and smell will give us away instantly. We need you to go in our stead, Orcs won't know a human's scent too well.
- Darnes: A convincing mask should fool them. So, please bring me [3 Orc Skin] by killing some orcs in the Camps just south of here. We will reward you handsomely if you are able to convince Gorgu to sign the treaty.
Stage 2[edit | edit source]
- Darnes: Oh! Perfect! Let me craft it...
- Darnes: ...
- Darnes: ...
- Darnes: Ha! A work of art if I say so myself! Alright! You will certainly fool those stupid orcs, and that's for sure! You're going to look like a real orc with this mask!
- Darnes: Remember to grunt and shout about how much you love pig for dinner! This will bring us one step further to ending the Orc war one way or another.
- Darnes: Now, go to Leadin, the Orc fortress, by following the path out of the war camp and past the Orcs.
- Darnes: Then put on the mask, search for the cave and make your way to Gorgu and make him sign the peace treaty. But be careful, Orcs are bad enough, but Gorgu's something else!
- Darnes: Oh, and bring me back the Orc Mask when you're done too, I would like to keep it!
Stage 3[edit | edit source]
Stage 4[edit | edit source]
» Find the house with a way leading to a cave in the Orc’s fortress.
- There is a system that is blocking the way... Maybe you can find hints to open it in the tents outside, or near the bridges..
Stage 5[edit | edit source]
» Find a way to enter in the cave.
Stage 6[edit | edit source]
» Find the way leading to Gorgu’s room in the cave.
- Gorgu: I SMELL HUMAN FLESH IN MY CAVE! FIND HIM AND KILL HIM!
Stage 7[edit | edit source]
» Enter in Gorgu’s room.
- Gorgu: I SIGN TREATY IF HUMAN BEAT GORGU!
Stage 8[edit | edit source]
- Darnes: You've returned! Do you have the peace treaty?
- Darnes: Unbelievable! I never expected an Orc to actually sign anything!
- Darnes: Well, I guess this hand print on the treaty counts.. I guess they don't use pens.
- Darnes: We will stay stationed here to make sure the Orcs don't start any trouble, but the men will be so relieved we don't have to fight.
- Darnes: As promised, here is the reward. It was part of the war fund, but since there is no war, you may have some!
- Darnes: I know I said I wanted to keep this mask... But it smells hideous, you can take it. I even upgraded it for you! Who knows, you might need it again someday.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The answer for the Door Puzzle can be found at the entrance of the cave.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Taking off the orc mask before the boss fight will deny you exit. Returning to the hub and trying to exit again will instead teleport you to Ragni.